Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are your Sims overpaid, underpaid or fairly paid?

Are your Sims overpaid, underpaid or fairly paid? 92 votes

overpaid
47%
auroraael14mlnov39bshag4lvMstybl95JueJuerhaliusbabajaynehaneulBoergeAarg61TorieLustianiciapajamajam07duhboy2u2KhrisstyneBabykittyjadeHarukotyanDaraviGracieO312SajahiFraTac 44 votes
fairly paid
19%
alexspoom13love7680TheSpotted_Ccchant86JestTruDarkLady2788greydonnSindocatLishacakeHearts4uTuxlogionThemrsg4422KimmerAaleynErsa_Middletontelltaleheartbluedanube 18 votes
underpaid
8%
goodcakebaker62YautjagirlOnverserSheriSim57Colton147147HopeyStarrRouensimsFatTribble23 8 votes
what wages? I just motherlode everything!!!
6%
crocobauraPlayerSinger2010taydevChampandGirlieSERVERFRANate_Whiplash1 6 votes
other opinion
13%
GalacticGalSikoahGraceStrangerthanAuroraBoreallisphantasmkissPenguinFoopStutumChazzzyLquinnHoveraelLesleyAJyotai 12 votes
results
4%
simgirl1010waterywatermelonMDianaSimsPurpleHeather 4 votes

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Depends on the sim and also who gets to define everything from underpaid to overpaid.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    overpaid
    Their income has always been a bit excessive... lol I mean, I know it's just a game, but I kinda wish the incomes would be a bit more realistic... then again, the fact that almost every job in the game is far from a "normal" job most people would typically have in real life, is probably also a factor in this.

I like that we actually have part time jobs to choose from as well, unlike previous games (Sims 3 was the first to introduce this). In Sims 2, I recall teen Sims being able to get them, but it was always exclusive to teens.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    overpaid
    Depends on the household, but since most of my sims freelance or craft, I feel I have more overpaid sims in general.

Sometimes money doesn't matter: My current household of prison workers technically makes a lot, but it goes into a different account, they cannot use that money. Expeditions to Selvadorada or Strangerville can expect motherlode on demand if they are government/university/corporate funded. So I have a bit of everything.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    overpaid
    I once cheated a sims salary to 20k/hour
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    results
    lol... I always feel like my Sims are underpaid.

My CAS Sims will buy the house and have a bit of money left over for stuff. Then, they may get Buy wants, and I usually fulfill them because they are easy points. The downside is that, well, it lowers the bank balance.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2021
    overpaid
    Mostly they're all over paid. I used MCCC to higher bills by 50% because of this.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    overpaid
    My sims are super wealthy.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    fairly paid
    I guess I should have picked Other. I am just glad that they're able to afford their lives and live their little sim dreams without much worry. No sim has to become a tech guru or a businessperson just to survive when they're clearly more suited to being a freelance photographer or an artist.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2021
    I just wanted to vote this option. Actually, I have all different salary ranges and socio-economic brackets. I use cheats to set up certain households but do so less often now. I'll use them if there's a glitch in the game for some reason and for specific wealthy households. Most sims live on what they earn but I've used Kaching for minor adjustments.

I'm just adding that I wish there were a Motherlode button in life. Hehe.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    underpaid
    Typically my sims are well off but lately I've been playing sim families who honestly cannot afford the houses/apartments they're living in because I keep making renovations - or just plop them in an expensive home off the gallery. When a sim gets home from work and I see how much they made that day I find myself saying "That's it?!"

Aside from home renovations my sims have probably been taking too many vacations. Yeah, their lack of funds is totally my fault. :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    overpaid
    Maybe they are overpaid, maybe it is the ridiculously low bills.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    fairly paid
    Quite fairly paid, except my global superstar actor had been quite underpaid, at least when compared to real life actors who are overpaid in my opinion.
    Also doctors and some other Sims on certain careers are not paid well enough.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    underpaid
    I use mod that lowers salaries, because I like the challenge :)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    underpaid
    I don’t use mods, and most of my sims seem underpaid, they certainly don’t live in mansions, but I do play rotationally.

I only have one single sim ( that I don’t cheat with ) that has a nice house. She doesn’t have a job, but does have a sizable greenhouse, however with her dragon fruit plants going back to dirt, which she uses to help pay bills ….. I’m a bit worried about money depleting little by little as she has to pay sizable bills….. as it is I only have 8 dragon fruit plants, the rest are other plants. She also likes archeology so she goes to silvadorado on vacations often.

I have some sims at the top of their careers, and I don’t even consider them rich….. it seems like my bills can be quite high. And I don’t start them off with a free house or anything like that with my normal sims. I guess my sims must do too much partying, vacationing, and living life, because they certainly do like to play. but don’t seem to get ahead quickly in life. But then I do have a large rotation.
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    overpaid
    Depends on the sim but most of the time I think they’re overpaid. It’s really easy to get rich in this game.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Depends. When I play rags to riches sims don't earn much in the beginning but once they are half way through a career or have a decent painting skill earning money is really easy.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    other opinion
    with sims on the breadline and especially on some careers on the first 3 ranks, the job is paid in peanuts. Painting pictures is actually a lot more profitable after the first few levels, so i tend to skip careers and go for painting after gaining a few ranks from San Myshuno museum because of the wall painting. when i've made a little money i switch over to achievement hunting for 5k reward points for a money tree and then the difficulty goes from fairly easy to non-existent.

It takes a while in the careers to get something out of it, even if you had a top end (rank 10) career, your sim is famous with easy street (with double the money per/hour) it still wouldn't be enough. Gardening only works for some types of plants, but good early reliable moneymakers are snapdragons but after a short while, you'll find yourself putting down a lot of planters just to make a few thousand a harvest from the snapdragons.

The money tree is the issue, especially the well known exploit that has still not been removed, that removes any difficulty after the first money tree. I wouldn't mind if the money tree was removed from the game altogether.

That stated, i do have MCCC and the console so using that or the console can give me immediate money as well. i tend to avoid using them because if i start a new save and my sim already has millions, the challenge of getting there is lost and there is not lot to hold my interest working up to that point.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    fairly paid
    My sims are actors so I think they are paid what real actors get paid now a days 😂
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Motherlode is very very good to give your sims a fun cool home. ;)
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    My Sims live the easy life....well, most of them anyway....
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    overpaid
    usually overpaid
    because i often max the careers and don't make mega big houses

that being said i actually noticed the bills crawling up for my bigger houses after they updated it so for those houses it seems quite fair balance
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LesleyALesleyA Posts: 30 Member
    other opinion
    Wages dont really matter as they start getting their wealth from painting, and then start getting their weekly rebates from investing which put their wages to shame. The sims dont really need to work at all.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    other opinion
    My Sim is unemployed, as there's no job that can offer her anything near what she gets in royalties from her books every day. :smiley:
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    overpaid
    Usually overpaid, but when it gets too unrealistic I just cheat away the money in excess with the "money 123" cheat.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    overpaid
    Normally my sims work very hard and most of them reach the top of their careers long before retirement. They have no problem affording large estates and earn more than they can spend. There’s always someone in the family who gardens a bit, and occasionally they can sell a bunch of dragonfruit for several thousands, but I only sell produce if money gets low and I don’t let them get money trees.

Lately I’ve been playing a lot differently where I roll a die and there is a 1 in 6 chance every day that someone in the house will die. Lifespan is short and no one has a job, so I use money cheats in this save because earning money isn’t the point. They’re royalty and the challenge is to see how far I get before I run out of heirs. It’s a lot easier to kill a sim if I don’t feel invested in them, and I have more freedom throughout the day to set up the drama that unfolds with the other dice roll results. This is a rare occasion where money cheats have not ruined my fun.