Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AlterLife - New Life Sim Game

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
I just came across this and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it here yet. Looks like Paralives isn't the only competition The Sims is about to face.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ug7738fNCQ

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2021
    It looks very promising. BUT I'm always skeptical about these games from hitherto unknown publishers/devs that look near-finished and have demos/trailers that use a lot of stock Unreal Engine assets. Seems the word going around about another possible Sims competitor discussed here before, People of Newberry (which recently changed the name to Signiti) is that it is possibly a scam. Yet, I also read (in the comments of that video) that supposedly, a Polish gaming magazine revealed that PlayWay a studio behind House Flipper, and a couple of "odd" sims on Steam was involved; but there isn't a lot of concrete evidence to back that up.

I'm not a fan of the art style of Paralives. But, I give more of a chance of that actually becoming a game, even if that's a couple of years in the future. We've had stuff on it from the inception of the idea; to the constantly changing state of development, it is in now. And I last heard that from Patreon, they had a $40,000 per month income/budget.

IF this is a game that will be published, color me impressed. From the CAS to the build mode, to what appears to be active careers, it may have a lot going for it. But at this point, I view it as a tech demo for the Unreal Engine and that is it.
  • telltalehearttelltaleheart Posts: 17 Member
    It very much looks like a bunch of stock assets with clunky animations. But then again there's a lot of cheap games on steam that use premade assets, so I guess it's entirely possible that it'll actually be for sale someday. It might just be ugly and terrible and not really a competitor, just something in the same genre
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    If they pull this off I will be looking forward to playing this game. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here