Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford-on-Bagley World Discussion Thread

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited July 2021
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Or maybe like this?
    Henford.png?dl=0

This is my opinion: Guru Romeo said the 64x64 lot is in the farming community, and that is where the largest lots are. Devon Bumpkin has built the house on the largest lot. Harold the llama says that the Watson family owns the sizeable lot on top of old Mill Hill. This would make the lot in the upper left corner of Old New Henford the 64x64 lot, and it is probably the lot and family featured in the trailers.

There are only 2 undeveloped lots in the game. So an empty lot at the bottom of Old New Henford is probably one of them.

Harold's blog says that Cecilia, a new resident, lives in a refurbished barn in Old New Henford. So she lives in either the medium sized building on the bottom left corner or on the large building on the right side. Or she lives in the very tiny cottage in the bottom right corner. As the gameplay trailer shows someone gardening in front of a very small cottage, I am going to say that she lives in the very tiny cottage.

Harold's blog says that the ruins on the Isle of Volpe in Bramblewood are romantic. But if you don't want romance, you can go to the Isle of Volpe park. There appears to be a park near the ruins, but the ruins themselves will not be editable. This park appears in the gameplay trailer, and seems to be small. There are some picnic tables and grill.

The house near the waterfall is a starter lot. It is probably 20x30 as starter lots are usually small. The gameplay trailer has a lady brushing a cow and feeding it treats. There is a waterfall in the background during this sequence. So this is the lot for the waterfall.

The 2 community lots would be the pub and the park.

That's a great overview! My only "not so sure" is your bottom lot in Old New Henford. It might be wishful thinking, but I think there might be a lot to the left of the 64x64 lot, there is soil and a stone fence with a shed, but we don't see the entire lot, so maybe that is where Cecilia lives in a barn?
    lot.jpg

Re Cecilia, somehow I got the idea of her being a mismatch to the community, kind of being a surprise resident. So my guess is that this sim is Cecilia:
    embroidery-2.jpg
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Or maybe like this?
    Henford.png?dl=0

This is my opinion: Guru Romeo said the 64x64 lot is in the farming community, and that is where the largest lots are. Devon Bumpkin has built the house on the largest lot. Harold the llama says that the Watson family owns the sizeable lot on top of old Mill Hill. This would make the lot in the upper left corner of Old New Henford the 64x64 lot, and it is probably the lot and family featured in the trailers.

There are only 2 undeveloped lots in the game. So an empty lot at the bottom of Old New Henford is probably one of them.

Harold's blog says that Cecilia, a new resident, lives in a refurbished barn in Old New Henford. So she lives in either the medium sized building on the bottom left corner or on the large building on the right side. Or she lives in the very tiny cottage in the bottom right corner. As the gameplay trailer shows someone gardening in front of a very small cottage, I am going to say that she lives in the very tiny cottage.

Harold's blog says that the ruins on the Isle of Volpe in Bramblewood are romantic. But if you don't want romance, you can go to the Isle of Volpe park. There appears to be a park near the ruins, but the ruins themselves will not be editable. This park appears in the gameplay trailer, and seems to be small. There are some picnic tables and grill.

The house near the waterfall is a starter lot. It is probably 20x30 as starter lots are usually small. The gameplay trailer has a lady brushing a cow and feeding it treats. There is a waterfall in the background during this sequence. So this is the lot for the waterfall.

That's a great overview! My only "not so sure" is your bottom lot in Old New Henford. It might be wishful thinking, but I think there might be a lot to the left of the 64x64 lot, there is soil and a stone fence with a shed, but we don't see the entire lot, so maybe that is where Cecilia lives in a barn?

I have had another look at the gameplay trailer and the blog. There is a community garden in New Old Henford. I think that must be the tiny cottage in the trailer that I had mistaken for a refurbished barn. The ground is mostly brown and it matches to the area in the middle of the image of N. O. Henford. I still think it is one of the two bottom buildings that Cecilia lives.
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Or maybe like this?
    Henford.png?dl=0

lot.jpg

Re Cecilia, somehow I got the idea of her being a mismatch to the community, kind of being a surprise resident. So my guess is that this sim is Cecilia:
    embroidery-2.jpg

I sincerely hope if not already in the game, this sim and the tattooed man in the trailer are soon in the gallery!
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Oh, I think Cecelia is that lady who was singing to birds and attacked by a chicken in the first trailer. She strikes me as a heavy romantic. And I still plan on pairing her up with that Master Creature dude that she evidently doesn't get along with. She just needs to give him a second chance!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited July 2021
    Handel wrote: »
    Oh, I think Cecelia is that lady who was singing to birds and attacked by a chicken in the first trailer. She strikes me as a heavy romantic. And I still plan on pairing her up with that Master Creature dude that she evidently doesn't get along with. She just needs to give him a second chance!

Yes could be. I just wonder if that male sim she's holding hands with is her boyfriend.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Wasn't Cecelia the nature lover character that tries to befriend the wild animals?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Hm, that bird singing woman didn't look like a city woman to me, but you might be right.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Hopefully we ll know more on HOB Thursday.
  • shenandoah_valleshenandoah_valle Posts: 20 Member
    > @Jennifer_ said:
    > This is what I'm thinking, I'm probably wrong though.
    > There will be one more lot in each of the two bottom ones..

Good spot, I've looked at the images before and pondered where the lots might go and didn't even spot the open land
    Tomorrow we should know everything about this world and the map.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited July 2021
    After spending what must be hours looking at the enlarged twitter photos, I'm pretty confident about the ONH farm neighborhood lots: (1) bottom left white house on the river (probably 20x30 or 30x30), (2) large farmhouse on upper left, 64x64, (3) mid-right gray house next to the bridge across the river, probably 30x40?, and (4) a large empty lot bottom right, probably 50x50.

The Fenchwick/village area, I'm not quite as confident about, but I think I have a reasonable guess: the two yellow (white?) houses directly behind the central shop area, which are separated from each other by a small plaza (left side of the photo); the one behind the festival area is pretty likely the one Harrie built. Then there's definitely the pub, which I would think is probably the building in the central shop area that's closest to the mill building (I think the mill building is sadly just decoration, but I could be wrong). I'm talking about the one with a greyish/greenish/brownish coloring. If you look closely, it also appears to be the only building in that central area that seems to be detached from the other "shops." Then finally, toward the upper right, there's another building on the other side of the festival area, directly across from the one that I think is Harrie's house, which is also detached from any other buildings.

The Bramblewoods, I have absolutely no idea, except that we know there's the starter lot by the waterfall. Based on the blog, we think there's a park lot near the ruins, but there's at least a little ambiguity in how it's worded. If there's another empty lot, it could be out of frame, maybe just past the very bottom middle of the photo, which appears to have some sort of driveway or walkway. I feel pretty sure that large white house bottom right is a lot, but there's also some dormer windows peeking out of a house mid-right, which could be either a set dressing house or an actual lot.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    After spending what must be hours looking at the enlarged twitter photos, I'm pretty confident about the ONH farm neighborhood lots: (1) bottom left white house on the river (probably 20x30 or 30x30), (2) large farmhouse on upper left, 64x64, (3) mid-right gray house next to the bridge across the river, probably 30x40?, and (4) a large empty lot bottom right, probably 50x50.

The Fenchwick/village area, I'm not quite as confident about, but I think I have a reasonable guess: the two yellow (white?) houses directly behind the central shop area, which are separated from each other by a small plaza (left side of the photo); the one behind the festival area is pretty likely the one Harrie built. Then there's definitely the pub, which I would think is probably the building in the central shop area that's closest to the mill building (I think the mill building is sadly just decoration, but I could be wrong). I'm talking about the one with a greyish/greenish/brownish coloring. If you look closely, it also appears to be the only building in that central area that seems to be detached from the other "shops." Then finally, toward the upper right, there's another building on the other side of the festival area, directly across from the one that I think is Harrie's house, which is also detached from any other buildings.

The Bramblewoods, I have absolutely no idea, except that we know there's the starter lot by the waterfall. Based on the blog, we think there's a park lot near the ruins, but there's at least a little ambiguity in how it's worded. If there's another empty lot, it could be out of frame, maybe just past the very bottom middle of the photo, which appears to have some sort of driveway or walkway. I feel pretty sure that large white house bottom right is a lot, but there's also some dormer windows peeking out of a house mid-right, which could be either a set dressing house or an actual lot.

What do you think about that lot or cave above the waterfall?

Do you mean the one they said is the starter lot? That's the only one I'm sure about. But I don't see any space other than that around the waterfall that looks flat enough for a lot to me; all the other space around the waterfall seems pretty vertical.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    Just for some fun, I thought I would have a total guess at the Lot placements and came up with this:

H-O-B.jpg?dl=0

There must be another empty Lot somewhere, but I cannot see where it could be placed unless it is off-picture or amongst the trees in Bramblewood or possibly next to the big empty Lot in Old New Henford.

I'm really hoping that the one at the bottom of Finchwick is a playable Lot, but it looks like it has a watermill attached at the side so it might only be deco.

I really like the names Finchwick and Bramblewood 😊.
    Not so keen on Old New Henford 🤔.
    Maybe we’ll get the chance to rename neighbourhoods at some point.

I hope the house that has the water wheel is playable. It would be good. Also I’d like to know if the market section can be edited.

I really can’t wait for the let’s plays to start seeing how the lots look etc.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Do you mean the one they said is the starter lot? That's the only one I'm sure about. But I don't see any space other than that around the waterfall that looks flat enough for a lot to me; all the other space around the waterfall seems pretty vertical.

No the starter is at the right of the waterfall. I mean on top of the waterfall. The lot Sunman mentioned.

No the starter is at the right of the waterfall. I mean on top of the waterfall. The lot Sunman mentioned.

I don't know, the top of the waterfall area looks pretty decorative to me; my bet would be that we can't even walk around up there, at least much past the starter home. But I would love to be wrong about that!
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    Finchwick and Bramblewood, they make me think of the names of places in Trollope's Barchester Chronicles
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited July 2021
    huh. And here I thought the Watsons would be a Gallery exclusive family...considering that's what happened with Snowy Escape. Didn't even get Eco Lifestyle gal. -mumble grumble-

-sits and waits for premade households infomation-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

Only four lots that are empty, the rest seem occupied already. :/
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2021
    logion wrote: »

Four empty lots?

I only see 1 empty lot in that pic, did you see a bigger pic of the world somewhere else?

Or do you mean empty, as in unoccupied?
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2021
    logion wrote: »

Four empty lots?

I only see 1 empty lot in that pic, did you see a bigger pic of the world somewhere else?

Or do you mean empty, as in unoccupied?

I meant unoccupied. I don't like to remove premades.

I don't like having to remove houses to being able to place community lots either...
    Well, I watched the world tour, but I feel like I still don't have a really good sense of most of the neighborhoods. The downtown part is similar to what I thought, maybe even a bit better, and it will definitely work for what I have in mind. But the other two neighborhoods are still a bit hazy for me in terms of where things are situated in relation to each other and what the lots look like inside, so I'm still not sure how well they will work for what I want to do.