Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford-on-Bagley World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I just love the lot on the Snowy Mountain. I have my Elsa Winters live up there. She's next door to the Bathhouse. So cool. B)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2021
    HOB look like one big painting, 25% habitable and 75% art.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I know it's a bit early, but I started planning the 12 lots. I'm just expecting 4 lots in each of 3 hoods, and that their theme will be something like Farming, Forest and Village.

I assume the 64x64 lot will be in the Farming area and the trailer family of 5(?) lives there.
    I also expect the Crumplebottom cousins to run a farm in that area, as it sounds like they have the most serious produce stand at the market (I hope they are not NPCs).
    One farm lot seems to be resided by the man who paints the cow end of trailer (he is featured at 0:18 too).
    The woman serving the grocery store (Kim?) might be a NPC, or does she live in the Farming area?

Did we learn about any family in the Forest area?
    I expect smaller lots there, widely spread, perhaps more cozy cottages with just a small plot for farming?
    Will it be most starter homes including 2 empty lots?

Did we learn anything about the Village?
    There is a bar, supposedly a community lot.
    The grocery store might be a community lot, even if we can order from a stand/booth outside.
    There is a farmers market - but is it a community lot or just in the common area of that hood?
    The contest area is probably not on a community lot, but more like the San Myshuno festivals on the village's community ground.

I love so many of the village builds, such a pity most of them must be décor.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    HOB look like one big painting, 25% habitable and 95% art.

Wow, so that means 120% world in total. ;)

I agree with it looking like a painting where the habitable are is smaller than the set dressing.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    That's what the real countryside is like
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I also want to mention the fact that this world will have different names in other languages, according to the localized newsposts.

In Norwegian it will be called Nybergdalroa. A Finnish friend informed me it would be called Taka-Kumpulan Kylä. Even the Brazilian Portuguese translation will have a different name.

It seems like the localizations are all translating the world to a rural-sounding name in the language.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »
    I am not so fond of gc buildings, they have a tendancy to overdecorate their buildings, I want empty shells that I can adjust to the Sims living there.

The thing that bothers me about gc buildings is that some use so much moo, on windows and placement of big items and stuff that it makes it so hard to change things around when I want to add something from another pack I have problems.

I don't think they are allowed to use moo in what they build for the packs
    Well there were a couple lots in snowy escape where they used it, because when I was trying to change them around I couldn’t put the pieces back where they were, I believe it was the lounge, and one of the rentals. I almost deleted the the venue, and did delete the rental. I wanted to put a closest and a sabaac table in the lounge. I ended up deleting some things and was able to put the table in there, but not the closet.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    HOB look like one big painting, 25% habitable and 95% art.

Wow, so that means 120% world in total. ;)

I agree with it looking like a painting where the habitable are is smaller than the set dressing.

I made an mistake in my addition. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    I also want to mention the fact that this world will have different names in other languages, according to the localized newsposts.

In Norwegian it will be called Nybergdalroa. A Finnish friend informed me it would be called Taka-Kumpulan Kylä. Even the Brazilian Portuguese translation will have a different name.

It seems like the localizations are all translating the world to a rural-sounding name in the language.

Really? Interesting. Do you know if the Norwegian, Finnish and other versions of TS4 have done this before?

I remember that in my language (German), this was done to the world names in TS1 and 2 (and maybe 3, I don't know because I never played that one). Even household names that didn't sound German enough were translated, but apparently not always by the same people, leading to the Goths having different surnames in both games. TS4 finally dropped this and left the family and world names mostly untouched, with only very few exceptions (I believe the Pleasant sisters from Discover University aren't called Pleasant in my version, just like they weren't in TS2). Henford-on-Bagley, however, will remain Henford-on-Bagley according to the German blog posts.
  • Options
    Magdaleena wrote: »

Really? Interesting. Do you know if the Norwegian, Finnish and other versions of TS4 have done this before?

I remember that in my language (German), this was done to the world names in TS1 and 2 (and maybe 3, I don't know because I never played that one). Even household names that didn't sound German enough were translated, but apparently not always by the same people, leading to the Goths having different surnames in both games. TS4 finally dropped this and left the family and world names mostly untouched, with only very few exceptions (I believe the Pleasant sisters from Discover University aren't called Pleasant in my version, just like they weren't in TS2). Henford-on-Bagley, however, will remain Henford-on-Bagley according to the German blog posts.

Exactly the same situation for the Dutch version. In sims 1 and 2 all the names were translated. I can't remember the situation in sims 3. But in sims 4 names are by default not translated, so the same as the English version. With the exception for characters from previous versions (the goths and pleasants for example. And the crumple bottoms)
    I just checked the Dutch version of the blog and it literally mentions Henford-on-Bagley.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Just a thought, does anyone think it would be possible for sims to hike & climb up that green new mountain?
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Just a thought, does anyone think it would be possible for sims to hike & climb up that green new mountain?

That would be a great idea. I hope this is possible, though I am not sure if this is something they want to keep exclusive to Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member

If you could Snowy Escapes an already really shallow pack with little to offer outside of one world would have less to offer to justify its existence. That said protecting a weak pack is a poor reason to withhold game play.

I can see then do hiking but not climbing. Hiking isn't off theme as hiking at least when and where I grew was a regular part of rural life. But climbing just wasn't. I see in TV and movies people going for walks in rural Europe all the time, but rarely do I see them go climbing, especially not in the UK where this is based.

I really hope to see hiking as it would fit. That said there is zero hints of it in the trailer and they shown borrowed thing like swimming so.....I doubt we are getting it. I extremely doubt climbing is going in the pack as it is way off there. I would welcome it if it does make the cut.

Now let's hope I am wrong about hiking and climbing not being in this pack. I doubt I am though.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    scoed1227 wrote: »

If you could Snowy Escapes an already really shallow pack with little to offer outside of one world would have less to offer to justify its existence. That said protecting a weak pack is a poor reason to withhold game play.

I can see then do hiking but not climbing. Hiking isn't off theme as hiking at least when and where I grew was a regular part of rural life. But climbing just wasn't. I see in TV and movies people going for walks in rural Europe all the time, but rarely do I see them go climbing, especially not in the UK where this is based.

I really hope to see hiking as it would fit. That said there is zero hints of it in the trailer and they shown borrowed thing like swimming so.....I doubt we are getting it. I extremely doubt climbing is going in the pack as it is way off there. I would welcome it if it does make the cut.

Now let's hope I am wrong about hiking and climbing not being in this pack. I doubt I am though.

When the blog post mentioned foraging my first thought was maybe they were adding something like hiking. I doubt it but I really do hope they added to some of the worlds. It was probably one of them my favorite additions to snowy Escape. And I would like to see it another world.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2021

That would be so cool! I love hiking in the sims! I really hope they add this for Cottage living (and all new worlds), it´s makes the world more alive! :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Possibly if they bring over the new hiking feature from Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2021
    scoed1227 wrote: »

When the blog post mentioned foraging my first thought was maybe they were adding something like hiking. I doubt it but I really do hope they added to some of the worlds. It was probably one of them my favorite additions to snowy Escape. And I would like to see it another world.

I have been wondering whether it might be a new system that works a bit like the "harvest all" function for garden plants. In other words, if you're in a wooded area, you might click on the ground, or on the sim, or on the first wild plant you see, and then you start going from plant to plant and harvesting all plants within a certain area/range that are ripe. So it would be something that's sort of a cross between hiking and harvesting.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I am not so fond of gc buildings, they have a tendancy to overdecorate their buildings, I want empty shells that I can adjust to the Sims living there.
    I know how you feel. And on top of all that, some of the GC builds don't even come with a basement or even the room to place the basement stairs. Which makes it even harder to add a basement to those builds without having to change a lot of that build.
  • Options

I have to agree. When snowy escape was released I thought this was an awesome idea. And I still like community lots created by gamechangers. But for homes for my sims to live in, I prefer to only have the basics inside so my sims can make it their own. Of course those basic builds have to make sense, no missing doors or something. But not 100% decorated and finished.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I know how you feel. And on top of all that, some of the GC builds don't even come with a basement or even the room to place the basement stairs. Which makes it even harder to add a basement to those builds without having to change a lot of that build.

You can add stairs on the outside of the building going into the basement.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I have to agree. When snowy escape was released I thought this was an awesome idea. And I still like community lots created by gamechangers. But for homes for my sims to live in, I prefer to only have the basics inside so my sims can make it their own. Of course those basic builds have to make sense, no missing doors or something. But not 100% decorated and finished.

I prefer this too. Not the least because they would be limited to furniture from the actual pack + base game only, while I have 1000 more packs an a trillion CC. So, I would never keep their furniture and decor anyway, I'd rather include what I have already bought access to. That said, it's very easy deleting a premade home, being made by GCs or EA. I don't mind there being some show-off homes in a new pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    This is the place to discuss the new world coming with Cottage Living. Please feel free to post pictures that are released.

So Far here is what we know

The world contains Ruins

The world has multiple swimming lakes

The world has atleast 2 waterfalls confirmed. There may be more.

The world has a forest

The world has rabbits,foxes and birds.

The home to the right of the waterfall is a starter home

The world has a countryside area and some expensive farmlots

Several Gamechangers have create the lots for this world

The cave above the waterfall might work like the one in Sulani or it may just be set dressing.

12 Lots Total 2 Empty Lots kinda small for an Expansion Pack

Has Grocery Buying Stalls and food stalls

1 pub that of course can be converted.

@catloverplayer thanks for posting more information about Cottage Living! 🎉🎉🎉.

I think the world is going to be very good! 😊

I love the waterfalls. It’s great there’s starter homes.

Hopefully there’s a bird feeder 🦅. I know there’s one in Backyard Stuff but maybe a different variation of bird feeder for this new pack. It fits the theme.

Hopefully they’ll show a map of HonB as that would really help me decide.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    So... Am I the only one who's actually happy that Game Changers are building the lots again? :D I mean, I get it, overcluttering, overuse of MOO, and the resulting problems with functionality are the reasons I rarely download from the gallery anymore, but the Snowy Escape builds had to be done with limited items and other restrictions, and I think it shows (in a good way). As someone who really isn't into building, I find it a lot easier to renovate a nice-looking, if slightly overcluttered house into something more to my liking, than work with those empty, weirdly shaped and sometimes nonsensical warehouses that the developers tend to torture my eyes with.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    So... Am I the only one who's actually happy that Game Changers are building the lots again? :D I mean, I get it, overcluttering, overuse of MOO, and the resulting problems with functionality are the reasons I rarely download from the gallery anymore, but the Snowy Escape builds had to be done with limited items and other restrictions, and I think it shows (in a good way). As someone who really isn't into building, I find it a lot easier to renovate a nice-looking, if slightly overcluttered house into something more to my liking, than work with those empty, weirdly shaped and sometimes nonsensical warehouses that the developers tend to torture my eyes with.

I don't really mind who's building them because if I don't like them I have no hang-ups about re-building them from scratch.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

No I'm excited about the game changers building the residential and community lots.