Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living: Prep and Plans

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    rjssim wrote: »
    Only a little while longer to go until Cottage Living is here! In the meantime, I have been preparing a new save file for the time travel to the world of the past for my Sim story.

My story has been going on since the release of the Sims 4, so I think this is gonna be an exciting change. Right now the story is focused mostly on two characters who live their day to day lives in a modern setting. They found and fell in love with each other and just got engaged not too long ago. They continue to enjoy their lives including going to the bars, getting together with friends, etc. The typical young adult life for some.

In the new chapter of the story, the two characters end up time traveling back to the far past and into a different dimension where they are now teens stranded alone on an island. The new chapter is about survival in a new world and time consisting of things that were thought to be only fantasy.

A-New-Time-and-World.jpg

Omg this sounds like fun!!😁😁😁
    Have you had the same sims since the start of the story? Or many has come and gone?
    I would love to hear a continuation of this btw
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2021
    Originally, I wasn’t planning on getting Cottage Living right away, but I’ve been wanting to play the Disney Princess legacy challenge & I think that Cottage Living would be perfect for Snow White as the founder! I’ve already started working on her. I’m excited now! Haha.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for the comments @ncisGibbs02 and @Babykittyjade .

@Babykittyjade:
    The characters have been the same since the release of TS4. New characters including townies who became main characters have also emerged. The three main townie characters have also been around since 2015. You grow attached to them. I have aging turned off, so nobody grows old based on game time. The way time works in the main story is one in-game week is equal to one month.

Below is an image of the mysterious island of the far past in another world and dimension. The two characters arrive in this new time and world. They see medieval/fantasy structures including a village, but everything is empty. Where did everyone go, or what happened to them? Together, the two characters will have to try and survive as they unlock the secrets and mysteries to the island. The world in Cottage Living will play a role later in the story. Some of the inspiration for the setting of the new chapter comes from the TV show "Lost" and the movie "Somewhere in Time."

The-Island1.jpg
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Still prepping for Cottage Living. Created a bunch of Sims for the new world. My favorite is Jake. I'll probably have Jesse become good friends with him or maybe they'll become a couple. Not sure what I want to do yet, haha.

Meet Jake :)
    EAOR9rI.png
    He/Him
  • KiTh_97KiTh_97 Posts: 41 Member
    The neighborhood in Willow Creek where the Sylvan Tree is found could make a good farming area 😁

Sulani also has chickens
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    KiTh_97 wrote: »
    The neighborhood in Willow Creek where the Sylvan Tree is found could make a good farming area 😁

Sulani also has chickens

Yep! Would be nice. I'll probably add a bunch of farms in Brindleton Bay as well. :)
    He/Him
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I looked through some of my builds of cottages I made for my witches. Plan to change them to fit in with HoB when I get the pack. I want to have farms in the towns I play in and already had made several for just the gardening. Now I can add the animals to my farms and really enjoy them! I plan to have a game that will take plan in the early 1800s and already have a few builds for that, including an old farm from that period and a general store. I can't wait until Thursday!
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    @rjssim I really like what you done with the Island in Windenburg. <3 I have so much ideas now to build it in a more ''old fashion'' way instead of the modern houses it have right now. Build on Von Windenburg Estate lot a real castle and try to do a lighthouse by myself in the lot of the same name. :)
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've created Mavis Moulterd, who will (probably) be my main sim while I explore this pack. She is based on a character from an old British sitcom called Grace and Favour (Are You Being Served Again in the US). I've put her up on the gallery alone (as Moulterd) and also with her father (Moulterd 2). I'm planning on starting her in that small place up on the waterfall.

She has inherited a small cottage and farm from her aunt and is moving to Hob. She is escaping her bossy father, Morris, who is not very pleased to have her go. Since she grew up helping her father run the home farm on the estate of Milstone Manor, she thinks things will go well. Is she right, or will her father come to take her away?

I'm starting her with no skills, ha ha. Poor girl. She will befriend two local teens, Amaryllis and Althea Straud (Vampire Master Vlad's daughters!). Since they are Daughters of the Vampire (that's what they are called in the Gallery), naturally one of them is a Vamp, too, Amaryllis.

Here is Mavis
    v8VY0a8.png?1

Here is Morris
    h6pqXI7.png?1

Amaryllis, Vlad's Vampire daughter
    eLNZS74.png?1

Althea, Vlad's Mortal daughter
    h1pX3Jm.png?1

I'll probably move the teens in with their mortal mother, but I don't think Vlad will be joining them.

I will most likely be setting this up as an entire world, so I can have farms everywhere. I want a lot of pastoral, pretty worlds.

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    @rjssim I really like what you done with the Island in Windenburg. <3 I have so much ideas now to build it in a more ''old fashion'' way instead of the modern houses it have right now. Build on Von Windenburg Estate lot a real castle and try to do a lighthouse by myself in the lot of the same name. :)

Thanks, @Skyrryx . I really like Windenberg. Out of all these years though, I haven't seen the island until now. I spend so much time capturing everything for my Sims story that I still have like 70% of the content of TS4 still yet to explore. Some of my favorite spots that the characters have been to so far include the mainland part of Winden Berg, Willow Creek, Sulani (mainland), and StrangerVille.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I've been watching the EA Game Changers playing with the pack so I am more prepared as to what you can and can't do, and I am thinking of names for my animals. That's about as far as I've got so far. I was going to create a family ready to move in, but I need the new CAS. I guess I could create the bare bones and then edit later? Yep, I'm gonna do that lol. :)
    I'm setting up one save for this pack. I want to have the option to have chickens, etc everywhere! I'll be replacing a lot of houses with farmhouses and cottages.

This morning I decided to give a random sim a bunch of simoleons and dump them in the new pack. They will make friends with birds and foxes and once they are able, I'll send them to other worlds to deposit fox and bird houses. First they will put foxes on each lot in Forgotten Hollow, then they will deposit them in all the parks in all my worlds. Birds will go in most worlds, too, but not Forgotten Hollow. I don't know who this sim will be, but chances are, once I've created him/her, they will stick around somewhere. Maybe I'll make them a rich kid who can romance Mavis.
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    I'm setting up one save for this pack. I want to have the option to have chickens, etc everywhere! I'll be replacing a lot of houses with farmhouses and cottages.

This morning I decided to give a random sim a bunch of simoleons and dump them in the new pack. They will make friends with birds and foxes and once they are able, I'll send them to other worlds to deposit fox and bird houses. First they will put foxes on each lot in Forgotten Hollow, then they will deposit them in all the parks in all my worlds. Birds will go in most worlds, too, but not Forgotten Hollow. I don't know who this sim will be, but chances are, once I've created him/her, they will stick around somewhere. Maybe I'll make them a rich kid who can romance Mavis.

I think you mean rabbits but I love the idea of one Sims spreading the wildlife everything, sort of a mother nature.

I think you mean rabbits but I love the idea of one Sims spreading the wildlife everything, sort of a mother nature.

@pendragon1980 Yes, exactly like mother nature! :) Now I'm wondering if I want an actual Mother Nature in my game :) thanks for the reminder, rabbits, how could I forget the little bunnies? I want bunnies and birdies everywhere.

I thought we could have foxes in all worlds and assumed they had a dwelling of some sort. Or do we have to make friends with the fox and transport them each, individually? In any case, If I can't have foxes lurking in Forgotten Hollow I will be disappointed.

@pendragon1980 Yes, exactly like mother nature! :) Now I'm wondering if I want an actual Mother Nature in my game :) thanks for the reminder, rabbits, how could I forget the little bunnies? I want bunnies and birdies everywhere.

I thought we could have foxes in all worlds and assumed they had a dwelling of some sort. Or do we have to make friends with the fox and transport them each, individually? In any case, If I can't have foxes lurking in Forgotten Hollow I will be disappointed.

From what I was seeing you only get the foxes if you have the Fox lot challenge which I presume you could put in forgotten hollow.

From what I was seeing you only get the foxes if you have the Fox lot challenge which I presume you could put in forgotten hollow.

Oh, that is super easy, then. Thanks!
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I posted somewhere way at the beginning of this thread, with two different options.
    The one about the young sim inheriting an old farm won the vote. So I've been preparing Poppy - which essentially means she has to grow up to young adult. And we still have quite a bit to go, she's only a child at the moment (and I play on a custom life span, so I still need to play about 4 simweeks before she's old enough).

Here's some pictures:
    Family dinner (Poppy is the redhaired girl):
    07-15-21_8-09-58_PM.png?width=1202&height=676
    And doing homework in the dining room:
    07-18-21_12-02-36_PM.png?width=1202&height=676

The household already have a dog, a cat (Mayor Whiskers) and I've given Poppy a pet hedgehog. I do also hope she can make friends with the monster under the bed. But no luck so far, I've had the nightlight off for two nights, but no monster.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr

It does kind of bring up the question now what if you have the wild fox challenge trait and not have a garden or animals on your lot?
  • Sensi_SifuSensi_Sifu Posts: 16 Member
    This is the perfect place for my Dean of The Magical Academy to take his sabbatical, and chronicle biographies of all his past students present accomplishments.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    My main sims are just about to become elders, and I feel like that's the perfect opportunity for them to retire and buy a farm (they're living in the Windenburg countryside already, but I'm going to move them on a bigger lot in Henford-on-Bagley). I'm glad their youngest son is still a kid, I'll be able to test gardening and cooking interactions on him haha! Maybe their eldest daughter will move with them too, since she's pretty tired of being a celebrity, and her life is just a mess after a relationship with Jude Law. :D
    I've started building them a cottage too, but I need CL to finish it properly.

A photo of their first Winterfest together, it was so long ago:
    JZ_R2B42Jos.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=96&sign=5ecc353e1c2fd0b5d6c83fe689c962e0&type=album
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2021
    For the past few months (ever since I bought Get Together) I've been mostly playing with this family in Windenburg - mother (an accomplished violinist), with young adult son (knitter) and daughter (gardening enthusiast).

51322256926_4337e0a882_z.jpgKitchen by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

They live in a tiny and cosy cottage full of clutter on the otherwise uninhabited Crumbling Isle (I bulldozed all the villas, and created more natural settings in the remaining lots, such as a shipwreck site, a site with ancient ruins and a wishing well, and a large public orchard with all the different plants from the game).

51323249010_6503ed8ea7_w.jpgCrumbling Isle by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

They make more than a decent living with the mother's music and the son's knitted creations, and are basically self-sufficient food-wise thanks to the produce of their garden (and the honey from their bees).

51323253140_97919a18bc.jpgCottage by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

51322256821_9f872d703a.jpgCottage by le TARDISgrade, on Flickr

Now I can't wait to get CL to be able to add chickens to their garden - and at least a cow and a lama too! <3 The whole family have already fulfilled their respective aspirations a while ago, and they need to pick up new hobbies, and the fact the new activities that come with CL are completely in line with their interests and lifestyle is simply perfect. I can totally see them befriending animals and looking after them (and the mother could play music to them!), and making preserves (the daughter is also an accomplished herbalist) and cross-stitching (the mother and son can do this together, he's already a knitter).

I couldn't have asked for a more fitting pack!

<3<3
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery

It does kind of bring up the question now what if you have the wild fox challenge trait and not have a garden or animals on your lot?

I'll put chickens there, and I will have bunnies, too. I don't know if I'll put birds in Forgotten Hollow because it already has bats flying around. I kinda want Vlad to neglect his chickens. I hope to see him get trounced by a chicken. >:)

I'll put chickens there, and I will have bunnies, too. I don't know if I'll put birds in Forgotten Hollow because it already has bats flying around. I kinda want Vlad to neglect his chickens. I hope to see him get trounced by a chicken. >:)

Oh I was just speaking in general terms. I wonder if they knock over the trash cans like the raccoons used to
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm thinking of having Gideon cheat on his wife (Alice) with Knox in Evergreen Harbour, and then have Alice run off to start a new cottage life just like you see in those mobile game ads :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    I was ditching the Watson household, and playing the Scotts, but then I learned that I can't play the Scotts and stay bar owner, so now I had to ditch the Scots (keep them in the unplayed bin, hoping they will still own the pub) instead. It's confusing as I have been ignoring all info on the Watsons all along... I had a vacant big farm to fill, and figured they would actually fit the bill better than the Scotts, anyway, running the Winston Chicken Farm, regionally famous for their old recipe mayonnaise ;).

I also plan to play Agnes Crumplebottom's mysterious son!!! Ha, can't wait to create him but as I'm out of town and have no access to game, I better wait another week or so. I love the planning prior to a release, hate it when they announce a new pack 1-2 weeks beforehand, which is normally not enough time to plan much.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg