Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Last Forever - New! Chapter 31 out now! (posted 11/17/23)

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    That was really sweet. We're starting to see the anxiety from this new situation in their lives, but now they're making the most of the time they have together
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Seneca should communicate with his wife on his concerns instead of bottling up his feelings.
    Part of me is so happy the King from the last story is finally dead and also happy that his ghost could reek havoc in the new story >:)
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Gloria and Seneca aren't actually married yet! They're just in a very committed relationship currently.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Oooh, it’s odd to see Gloria and Seneca in a modern setting, but it’s nice, too!

Chapter 1
    Haha, so his mother is a public servant in this world instead of a power-hungry queen. I wonder what everyone else ended up as. Is the king still dead? What happened to mrs Frogwater? Henry is still dead it seems, poor guy.

I like this! Will be following and catching up when I can. ^^
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    I've been having some absolutely delicious ideas on future plots, further down the genealogy line, so no one worry I'm going to abandon this! I couldn't if I tried.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Great chapter... it sort of feels like the calm before the storm, in a way.
    Good thing the king is dead before he can mess thingsup for anyone in this universe.
    Great chapter... it sort of feels like the calm before the storm, in a way.
    Good thing the king is dead before he can mess thingsup for anyone in this universe.

Very true, very true. Can't have the king ruining everything. I do have plans for a prior antagonist to make an appearance much later, but this generation has all new characters.

The next chapter is going to introduce us to a few of the new characters that have been submitted. I'm so excited the new pack comes out this week, I can finally get working on my lots!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited July 2021
    rxlgxvY.png

Chapter 4 is ready to be read! Short and sweet. I'm so used to writing long chapters, it's nice to write shorter ones sometimes. Either way, let me know what you thought!

Alec is a character of my own creation, Aquila was made by my irl bestie, just so we're up to date on those.

I'm trying to keep the sims close to their creators' intentions, but I'm also bending them a bit to fit what I need. If my portrail of your sim is a bit off from what you imagined, Let me know and I can hopefully reassure you by telling you the barebones of how I envision them.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Well, I didn't really characterize any of the sims I sent in, so I'm curious to see how they'll fit into the plot

Looks like we'll have an interesting cast of characters. The motivations are already there, and it seems like they're all going to school together, but I wonder how they'll get along
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Liking the introduction to some of the side characters in this story. I do wonder what kind of special popcorn Yuzuki is adamant about Delia bringing.
    Nora's great! I love how you've characterized her! I especially like how you've made her more down-to-earth, and I also love her word choices. I also like the rest of the cast as well. I wonder what's up with that popcorn?
    Aquila and Gloria seem like they could be good friends, perhaps.Anwyn and Liam have a lot of kids, but they all seem to turn out super cute.
    Nora's great! I love how you've characterized her! I especially like how you've made her more down-to-earth, and I also love her word choices. I also like the rest of the cast as well. I wonder what's up with that popcorn?
    Aquila and Gloria seem like they could be good friends, perhaps.Anwyn and Liam have a lot of kids, but they all seem to turn out super cute.

Aw, thankyou! In about... 2? chapters we're going to meet Gloria's side of the cast, and I'm excited to show you guys the dynamic between characters I have in mind for that. It's really something I'm looking forward to, and a few of the characters are going to stick around through to future plots as well.

I want to babble about the plots I have planned, but obviously that would give things away and then it wouldn't be a surprise. And that's probably a year away anyway, so I won't bother you guys with it yet, but it's going to be good. absolutely spectacular. But again, that's at least two generations in the future.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Ooh, two generations is far ahead

OliXUT2.png

Chapter 5 is here!

Advice of the day: Brush your teeth.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Chapter 5
    Madame President is pregnant??? :scream: Who's the lucky father?

Shame that they can't decorate the room together now, but Seneca's right: that frees up some time to do other things! They still have the day to themselves (unless Her Royal Highness decides to butt in too)

Looks like Anwyn still isn't done being a mom, lol

Chapter 5
    Did MCCC make Seneca's mom pregnant? I sometimes hate when it does that, but other times it's good for drama. I wonder who the father is. Hopefully she won't keep messing with Seneca's stuff. Also, all of those toddlers are so adorable!
    @StarDreamer
    Yeah, It was MCCC that made her pregnant! I actually have aging on, and I don't know how that'll affect things. I imagine it'll do something with MCCC, But I've never been this affected by it, so it's kinda cool. I originally was going to play this as 'The Sims', but it turns out that I like being in control of a plot too much :sweat_smile:. This will keep me on my toes!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    These sims need to stop having kids lol :sweat_smile:! I was playing a household so I could remember the characters I'd created a while ago, only to find out through MCCC that two of them already have kids! I'm at a loss for words!

Now here's the question: Do you guys think I should have the offspring as part of the plot line, or should I ignore them? I can roll either way. They're not apart of the household, and they won't be either.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I just binged this story. It's great so far. I wonder what Gloria and Seneca's kids will look like, if they decide to have some in the future.

Welcome! We'll have to see what comes, and I can try to make it not boring. :wink:
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Irishsong wrote: »
    These sims need to stop having kids lol :sweat_smile:! I was playing a household so I could remember the characters I'd created a while ago, only to find out through MCCC that two of them already have kids! I'm at a loss for words!

Now here's the question: Do you guys think I should have the offspring as part of the plot line, or should I ignore them? I can roll either way. They're not apart of the household, and they won't be either.

I think you should just stick to your original plan for now. Shoehorning in new characters might affect the story's cohesion

You can also edit the MCCC settings to prevent this sort of thing IIRC

Bit of a small update for you guys here:

I've been pretty slammed with work lately, and when I do have time off I'm having the darnedest time getting myself to sit down and write. But I hope to have the chapter written by the end of the night tonight, with screenshots being the only thing left to do! So I'm hoping, fingers crossed, to have it out by late Monday?

Also, my editor friend has stepped back from editing, so if you see any typos, they are completely my own fault. I will try to read through the chapters before posting :sweat_smile:.

Last thing, @SoulGal7 is having a survival challenge casting call right now, open through the 30th, looking for 14 sims in total! let's give her lots of good sims for her challenge! If you find the time, give her a looksee!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992917/casting-call-im-a-survivor-sims-survivor-challenge-deadline-aug-31st
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Irishsong - Thank you so much for the shout out :)
    tFDPxeV.png

Chapter 6 is ready and loaded! Just click the picture for an ice cream sundae!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Chapter 6
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 dress :joy:

Hadgid is a chonky kitty though

Such a colorful cast of classmates. I wonder what role each one is going to play

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top