Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your building tips!

RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
Hey guys,

Something a bit different for this channel, but I was actually hoping for some tips and thought it would be a nice spot to collect them.

Building is not my strong suit - I like decorating and working on interiors, but I find the shell of the buildings I create can be a bit… meh. I would love to hear any advice you might have!

Please feel free to share pictures of any builds you’re particularly proud of, along with your advice! :)

Comments

• Options
    DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    One of the tagged posts is building tips :)
    Also, I collected quite a few special build technique how-to's in my thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986128/deanxels-basegame-builds-and-building-tips-building-around-glitches#latest

I refer also to my YouTube video tutorials there, I very recently made some :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited June 2021
    Well one thing for me surely is that exterior has to always be made first before i do anything about insides because if you go insides first it will end up boxy and weird on the outside 100% of the time
    (well unless that was the plan tho)

and when in doubt its always good to look at some existing houses for inspiration

you'll quickly find out what types of houses looks nice to you

+never underestimate power of windows and roofs as they can change everything pay extreme attention on those

here is some exteriors I am quite happy about atm:
    for what is a party ruins without some... underground activity
    Zc0gGtA.png
    0g7WGNg.png
    I started building the hotel I was struggling with and I think it looks like hotel now... right?
    VTwzupT.png
    179B88W.png
    Wd4XPvl.png
    also I like cornelias house i made but its just kind of out of place cause i have my forgotten hollow full
    iaG7cbF.png
    love these houses i did for del sol and i think they match their surroundings well
    A0NeVYe.png
    oB9zh12.png
    this roof was definitely unneededly complex to build but it cute
    feyWlLu.png
    3AkcVav.png
    ... temple! cause temples are fun
    bxe0iAx.png
    this fun house
    pAKE2YY.png
    that coincidentally matches the streets perfectly
    UwRAcDf.png
    aaand lately I've been hanging out in del sol trying to do some public lots as well
    2wZ9l2I.png
    65kQwyp.png

+ my forgotten hollow which I've shared some here
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Thank you @DeanXeL ! I’ll check out your YouTube video

@Simmingal that’s great advice and your guilds look fantastic! I’m OBSESSED with how you’ve used the ruins in your build! I definitely need to try something like that! :smile: