Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bethesda releases "Redfall" details. NOT TES related

OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
As the title reads, Bethesda has announced the release of "Redfall". It is NOT the name of Elder Scrolls VI after all, as was speculated, but instead an open-world FPS that can support 4 person co-op. I watched the trailer. It's a modern setting, and you and your party appear to be vampire hunters. Looks pretty cool if you're an FPS fan.

Just FYI, for all the other TES fans who have been following the news. You can watch the trailer here: https://bethesda.net/en/game/redfall

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have heard of Redfall. I never thought that it was Elder Scroll VI, on the simple fact that it is a first person shooter. Another hot title game that's set to be released this year is Farcry 6. Farcry 6 is set to be released Oct 7, 2021, according to the Playstation Store. I imagine that Farcry 6 will be released on PC the same day that it drops on console since that's generally how it goes.
  • Options
    Until now, it wasn't officially confirmed that "Redfall" would be an FPS.

A few years ago, Bethesda tried to copyright the title "Redfall" and got into a legal dispute because an author has a book called "Redfall". They got it worked out. But since then, a lot of people have been making articles and videos speculating that it was going to be the sub title of TES VI, connecting it to the Redguards and Hammerfell. You can read these articles and watch these videos online if you care to, but since all of this has been officially debunked now, there isn't a point.

Again, just an FYI for the rabid fans who have been anxiously awaiting any TES VI news.

Starfield is releasing 11.11.22, eleven years after Skyrim. They said TES VI will be at least a couple of years after the release of Starfield so we have a ways to go and we know NOTHING. I kind of love it like that, even though it's torture. :lol:
  • Options
    Until now, it wasn't officially confirmed that "Redfall" would be an FPS.

A few years ago, Bethesda tried to copyright the title "Redfall" and got into a legal dispute because an author has a book called "Redfall". They got it worked out. But since then, a lot of people have been making articles and videos speculating that it was going to be the sub title of TES VI, connecting it to the Redguards and Hammerfell. You can read these articles and watch these videos online if you care to, but since all of this has been officially debunked now, there isn't a point.

Again, just an FYI for the rabid fans who have been anxiously awaiting any TES VI news.

Starfield is releasing 11.11.22, eleven years after Skyrim. They said TES VI will be at least a couple of years after the release of Starfield so we have a ways to go and we know NOTHING. I kind of love it like that, even though it's torture. :lol:
    Like with The Sims, sometimes details about a game are leaked and remain unofficial until the makers of the game say otherwise. This is how I knew about Redfall. What I didn't know about until today was the release and release date of Farcry 6. The public never knows the full details about future games in the video game industry. It was said that Fable 4 was being worked on, and the public knows nothing about it. So any leaked details about any video game is all speculation until the publisher officially releases details about their game.
  • Options
    Literally after closing the forums and going to my Google homepage, this article pops up. https://www.ign.com/articles/redfall-elder-scrolls-6?amp=1

So yeah, if you were in the know somehow, totally rad dude, but my ESO buddies on Discord were excited to learn of the official news update so I figured some people here would be interested too since I know some people on this site have picked up on my TES references.

But then we're SO OLD...don't listen to us. I really just hope we make it to see TES VI at this point. 😆

At least Grandma Shirley will be immortalized.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Literally after closing the forums and going to my Google homepage, this article pops up. https://www.ign.com/articles/redfall-elder-scrolls-6?amp=1

So yeah, if you were in the know somehow, totally rad dude, but my ESO buddies on Discord were excited to learn of the official news update so I figured some people here would be interested too since I know some people on this site have picked up on my TES references.

But then we're SO OLD...don't listen to us. I really just hope we make it to see TES VI at this point. 😆

At least Grandma Shirley will be immortalized.
    It always helps to listen to the press, it's all speculation until it's officially announced or denied publicly. What I mean by press is all of the sites that talk about future games.
    Elder Scroll is a good game. But I like Conan Exiles more because it's completely open. In other words, you have no story line to follow. No certain tasks to complete in order to reach another area of the game. Now Funcom did mess up with the Isle of Siptah, which is an add-on to Conan Exiles. Like I stated before, Conan Exile is 100% open world game. But they for some reason, in which I have no idea why. They had made it so that you had to complete certain areas of the game in ordered to get inside Siptah's tower. This was a huge blunder Funcom's part. But they have since change that, once they have realized what a mistake it was. So now you have free access to Siptah's tower as long as you have the key to get inside.