Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

July Patch Speculation 2021 (Emergency Patch Is Out)

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Maybe they’ll patch in the calendar from seasons. There were rumors.

With the increasing amount of various events, it'd be nice - more so if it then included City Living and Snowy Escape events.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    We might get lot challenges in bg update
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Cars would probably come in the same pack as horses, since both features faces the same problem

Cars will more likely be part of an update.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I would think that cars would come in a Pack, especially if there's going to be actual functioning garage doors to go along with that.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I wonder if with the pond tool, since Sims wade on the edges, can they wade from one end to another if you make a narrow creek/stream? That would be really cool. I also want to use the tool to make rivers.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wonder if with the pond tool, since Sims wade on the edges, can they wade from one end to another if you make a narrow creek/stream? That would be really cool. I also want to use the tool to make rivers.
    Perhaps they'll show us what all sims can do when in these ponds in the livestream.
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    So we know there will be ponds, group cooking, gardening for kids...plus the new hair style. All looking good so far.

Going to stir the pot here....I just saw the Gamplay Video for Cottage Living and they used the old burglar music for foxes....could Burglars be making a surprise return??
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    So we know there will be ponds, group cooking, gardening for kids...plus the new hair style. All looking good so far.

Going to stir the pot here....I just saw the Gamplay Video for Cottage Living and they used the old burglar music for foxes....could Burglars be making a surprise return??

And not only that! the fox also has his characteristic thief mask.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    So, I am sure others noticed too, but Off-the-grid was listed as a lot challenge in the Cottage Living Gameplay trailer when it is a lot trait in game currently. I consider this evidence for lot challenges to be a new base game system introduced in the update. Otherwise, why not keep it a lot trait instead of converting it just for pack holders?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    So, I am sure others noticed too, but Off-the-grid was listed as a lot challenge in the Cottage Living Gameplay trailer when it is a lot trait in game currently. I consider this evidence for lot challenges to be a new base game system introduced in the update. Otherwise, why not keep it a lot trait instead of converting it just for pack holders?

I noticed this too. I hope this is true and they keep adding lot challenges to future packs. Makes sense that off the grid would be included in this system. It has possibility of adding fun layers to future gameplay! ❤️❤️
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Is the cooking update already in the base?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Don't forget this upcoming CAS content announced in May !

That is so pretty. I really wish they would give us a Morocco inspired world.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »

• Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is the cooking update already in the base?

No it's coming in the Pre EP July Patch.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ok, I'll just twiddle my thumbs.
  • Options
    FTS4DFTS4D Posts: 17 Member
    Fixing the broken mirror reflections would be nice.
  • Options
    desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    i doubt they're gonna add cars any time soon, but if they do it'll probably be in a game pack and not a free update
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    desnp wrote: »
    i doubt they're gonna add cars any time soon, but if they do it'll probably be in a game pack and not a free update

Drivable cars would probably have to be a free update because they'd have to program in the routing. Cars that just sit on your lot and can be upgraded and open the world map could be a game pack. (or even a stuff pack.)

However, the other reason to bring cars as a base game is so that they could add cars to future packs without invoking the ire of the Anti-DLC for DLC crowd.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    desnp wrote: »

Drivable cars would probably have to be a free update because they'd have to program in the routing. Cars that just sit on your lot and can be upgraded and open the world map could be a game pack. (or even a stuff pack.)

However, the other reason to bring cars as a base game is so that they could add cars to future packs without invoking the ire of the Anti-DLC for DLC crowd.

Considering they did the routing for dog walks and hiking in DLC, I don't think it will keep it out of DLC.

Also, the same logic applies to pets and anything else. To name some examples of alienated things by DLC for DLC: pets, lifestyles, aliens, mermaids, pretty well all occults, weather, other Seasons content (though maybe calendar will be BG), etc. So it isn't really a reason they will not. Finding out lifestyles won't get more additions was tragic in my opinion because I think it could be so good, but alas here we are.

They will do cars however they want.
  • Options
    FTS4D wrote: »
    Fixing the broken mirror reflections would be nice.

I think that's on the list of bug fixes coming.
  • Options
    Maxis needs to add more pool items in the July Update.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Well, they could fix the gardening bug. This time for real :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Well, they could also fix these babies skintones it's still glitched. Oh, and by the way Sentiments also seem glitched since we get them just like after a few minutes of knowing a new sim.
    Lu4ERme.gif