Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford-on-Bagley is a new ridiculously small world again

To be honest farming pack wasn't on my wishlist, but when I saw the trailer I was pleasantly surprised of this expansion and now I'm sure that I will buy it. In my imagination I planned that I put some farmhouses, maybe rental lot and some community lots in HoB but not. This time our new world has only 12 lots in total and only 2 empty lots maybe. I'm tired of that. Again I need to decide what to build or destroy premade houses which I generally want to leave in my savefiles. I totally can not understand why can't we receive bigger lots especially that we have closed neighborgoods and lots. What is more, we can have only 20 sims per loading screen. Currently we have 37 empty lots in total (with Newcrest)and with a new expansion, we will have 39 empty lots per save in total. It is really, really small number especially if you have one or two free lots per map. EA really destroys my fun because of that every time, because I have to choose what is more important for me, which family should I put into the map ect. I totally don't see any adventages of loading screens then.

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I'm not really surprised by the size of the world. I would have preferred a world in the size of windenburg but I don't think that will be happening again. As long as the neighbourhoods have 4 or 5 lots per neighbourhood, I am OK with it.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Only 12 lots? I’m surprised by that. For an expansion the minimum should be at least 15.
    3 neighbourhoods, each with five lots. Maybe one neighbourhood is empty to fill up yourself.

I have to choose which houses to keep from each pack because I love to build, so it means a lot of houses have to go to free up the space. 🙄😭
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I would have preferred more lots, but am okay with the size, especially since it is supposed to be a village. What’s more important to me is how vast the neighbourhood is to make it feel bigger. Is it like Windenburg, quite a lot of navigatable space between lots? They said there is a forrest for example.
    To me that’s more important! How open does it feel? Then again, I am not a builder, so that might be why
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I think the world has too few lots. It would not have taken much for me to be satisfied just 2-3 more lots. I prefer neighborhoods to have 5 lots. I would have been okay with the 2 4-lot neighborhoods and the town center to have 6 lots.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    If they're saying it's rural so don't reflect many lots, they better not have lots of fake shell buildings.

Still one more lot than Del Sol Valley, but that's not a high bar. It seems similar to Evergreen Harbor, as it has 11 + apartments (apartments don't fully count for me as I can't convert them to a community lot or do anything with them). I was hoping for at least 13/14.

Even with performance, if Mt Komorebi has 14 why couldn't this one? Even just 2 more would have helped.
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    edited June 2021
    At first I was disappointed, but then I realized that this is a good amount of lots for this type of world. It's supposed to be a quaint cottage town with a tight-knit community. I personally don't mind 12 lots, I just want big lots.
    Post edited by chacce on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    I would have preferred that there were 15 lots or more, but 12 lots is not too bad either. It depends on how many of them are occupied with community lots and NPCs. Windenburg has more lots, but not that many of them are unoccupied so we need to evict some of the sims.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    Ooh, where did they reveal how many lots there are? Was there anything else I've missed? Lol.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Ooh, where did they reveal how many lots there are? Was there anything else I've missed? Lol.

It was in the one of Sim Guru Romeo's numerous post reveal tweets.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Also here's what I've seen for more details:

Devon Bumpkin did the pub and a farmhouse on a 64x64 lot (just 1 of these, confirmed on twitter).

Thomas TV did 3, two starter homes, one other. He said all were unoccupied, not sure if last one is a house or community lot though. I can't find it now but I thought I saw that two were 30x20 and one was 50x40, though that info has disappeared now.

HeyHarrie did 3 lots, including a blurred out home (by the looks of it) in the trailer in the town center area. Can't see any more info there.

Clare Siobhán did two lots, not seen any info for hers.

Given there are twelve total, I'm assuming the other two are empty.

Kironide wrote: »

Check the cottage living fact thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990710/cottage-living-facts-thread#latest
    I am hoping to get an interactive map ahead of release again with premades and all

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990710/cottage-living-facts-thread#latest

Sorry, what are you saying? Romeo says there are three neighbourhoods with four lots.
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    As many have said, even just a couple more lots would have been ideal buuut I'm reserving judgement until I see the world in person I think. Having spent most of my life in English and Welsh villages, they are often pretty small but spaced out. So where I would usually place several community lots in a new town, traditionally you'd only usually have a village shop and a pub (maybe a takeaway restaurant too) which leaves me with I think a pretty decent spread of other lots for farms and cottages, we'll see though!
    I just hope that there is a neighbourhood with bigger lots, like one 64x64, one 40x30 and a couple of 50x50. I do not want another world filled with 30x20 or 20x20!

Sorry, what are you saying? Romeo says there are three neighbourhoods with four lots.

Apologies!!! I quoted the wrong person! It was meant for manicobsessive, who asked where to find the info! 🙃

Okay, thanks and no worries I was just a bit confused.

Apologies!!! I quoted the wrong person! It was meant for manicobsessive, who asked where to find the info! 🙃

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I am glad that the new world isn't 5 lots. 12 lots is so much better. However, for a farming world it should've been more like 15 to 18 lots. Hopefully, the 12 lots will be big like 50X50, 50X40 & no smaller than 40X30. Also, I hope the lots will be far apart from one another.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I think there is at least one lot that us 64X64, if I remember the guru post correctly.

I personally don't mind the smaller world as long as it's done well. I know everyone plays differently, but for me, I know with a smaller world I will likely use every lot, but in bigger world's, such as Windenburg (which is beautiful), there are still some lots I haven't touched.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm happy with 3 x 4 lots, and I'm extra happy for the 64x64 lot because I have been hoping for that. I need to move a temp build to the new world, which will mean I no longer need to pretend it is not located where it has been built originally (it's in Del Sol Valley while I pretend it is in a farming district, lol). Also, keep in mind that this world comes with wild animals which might slow down game performance. Still, I agree there could have been several 64x64 or 50x50 lots, but I doubt this pack is the best for many lots per hood (due to wildlife). I expect more distances between some of the lots though, giving a feeling of a larger hood.

About free lots and prebuilt lots, I never hesitate deleting or modifying prebuilt lots, so I don't really see this as a problem. Over time I might also delete my own lots finding better use of a lot. Keep in mind that a pack comes with BB items only available in base game and the new pack. There is so much to be adjusted and added , especially if you own many other packs. I reckon this is the reason why so many EA made houses feels not lived in, or not even completed by a real simmer - they want us to either complete it with whatever we have at hand, or to build our own. I normally adjust the floorplans too, because I prefer smaller rooms or more rooms instead of those huge rooms that EA often gives us.

The only reason I keep at least one empty lot is to make it quicker to move in new families temporary in order to adjust their cash etc. before they move into a better home. I normally don't play starters, they all have a back story.

I can't wait to see the map of Henford - I have so many plans for it and I'll gladly rebuild whatever it takes to fit my bill:)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I think 12 lots are okay, more lots would be better though, however I will demolish them anyways to build my very own village. And with this, 12 lots are enough at first. The country-looking village Glimmerbrook, I've used before, had only 5 lots, that was too few for recreating a small village with a social community life in it.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I wish that 20 lots would be the standard for any new worlds we get. For context, Willow Creek has 21 lots, and I believe Oasis Springs has 20. I would consider both of those worlds to be medium in size.

I will admit, when it was confirmed that there would be 12 lots, I was disappointed - though not really surprised. That said, I'm going to try and refrain from critiquing Henford-on-Bagley until I've seen the world map. It all depends on the execution and functionality for me. If the world is made up of mostly residential, and one bar, then I won't be a happy bunny (pun intended) but if one of those neighbourhoods has all the essentials such as a bar, library, gym etc, so that I don't have to leave the world to use those community spaces, then I'll be fine with that. So yeah, I think it's just the 11 residential lots and 1 bar that's starting to really peeve me (and others) off quite a bit.

Another thing that's frustrating regarding worlds, is the lack of larger ones, like Windenburg. Now I know that we're told over and over again that it's all to do with maintaining performance and being considerate of players who are using older systems, but what about considering those of us with a high end system too? The solution would be to introduce world packs or kits, something which is highly requested anyway. The developers would be able to offer us more ambitious world designs for those of us with the system to run it, and it wouldn't impact game or expansion packs.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited June 2021
    For me smaller worlds are easier to add to my save. There's already so many lots in the game and Evergreen Harbour for example is still mostly empty. Wouldn't want any smaller than this, but I can make this this work.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    I wish that 20 lots would be the standard for any new worlds we get. For context, Willow Creek has 21 lots, and I believe Oasis Springs has 20. I would consider both of those worlds to be medium in size.

I will admit, when it was confirmed that there would be 12 lots, I was disappointed - though not really surprised. That said, I'm going to try and refrain from critiquing Henford-on-Bagley until I've seen the world map. It all depends on the execution and functionality for me. If the world is made up of mostly residential, and one bar, then I won't be a happy bunny (pun intended) but if one of those neighbourhoods has all the essentials such as a bar, library, gym etc, so that I don't have to leave the world to use those community spaces, then I'll be fine with that. So yeah, I think it's just the 11 residential lots and 1 bar that's starting to really peeve me (and others) off quite a bit.

Another thing that's frustrating regarding worlds, is the lack of larger ones, like Windenburg. Now I know that we're told over and over again that it's all to do with maintaining performance and being considerate of players who are using older systems, but what about considering those of us with a high end system too? The solution would be to introduce world packs or kits, something which is highly requested anyway. The developers would be able to offer us more ambitious world designs for those of us with the system to run it, and it wouldn't impact game or expansion packs.

Your sims will be able to swim in ponds so there is your exercise sorted out. :smiley: If there is no library you could put a book case in the pub and borrow from there.