Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another thing I like about this game

When you see Sims from one world showing up in another world. Like right now in my game, a Sim that shipped with the Get Together pack is showing up in Del Sol Valley. It actually makes you feel like the worlds truly are connected. And the other day, I was exploring Mt. Komorebi and one of the households had Sims who had also traveled to Del Sol Valley.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    It doesn't bother me too much. I can usually come up with a reason why a Sulani sim would show up in Willow Creek. A lot of simmers consider seeing sims from different worlds as immersion breaking.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have the various households of my extended Legacy family spread all around, so this is nice for me as it is often a family visit. Keala Hoapili does know my Founders well. She'd know they have children (and grand children, and great-grand children) in Oasis Springs. They came from there. The family met her in Sulani, but it's all the same world within the save, so no - it doesn't bother me to see her show up.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don't like it XD I would prefer if the people from other worlds had a tourist sign over their heads, then it would make more sense to me.
    For majority sims it is not as immersion breaking, but all of my Sulani sims wear Islander style clothes and it just feels weird when you meet them on the street in Willow Creek :)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It usually doesn't bother me too much either, but I do think it gets a little ridiculous in the neighborhoods. I don't care who shows up in public places, but all of a sudden everyone is taking a stroll in Forgotten Hollow when they don't live there?

I don't like the NPC swarms around my residential areas, but otherwise I do not care a lick.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I don't mind so much that my sims from Windenburg, Glimmerbrook or Sulani show up in the City. I just wish there was a way to sometimes control that because I don't want some of my sims to just show up anywhere. I had a Rapunzel in her tower & I locked her there, then I start playing my Spellcaster (Fake Fairy) sim going to the Food Festival & stood Rapunzel with a tourist outfit. :s.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    In my game, it's essential that sims from other worlds roam freely, because if I don't like the townies that ship with a pack, I delete them. This would create a town filled with random NPC's that I don't recognize. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if Judith Ward stayed home once in awhile---that lady will show up to anything
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I hate that. I don't want to see my sims in different locales, especially when they're jogging...like you live in Willow Creek and somehow decided to travel to a different biome for your morning jog!? No thank you. I wish the worlds were separated in a way that would keep the inhabitants of that world in it only. Especially since I don't have townies and my whole game is my own sims.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I like it too, it's nice to go, let's say from San Myshuno to grab some nectar at the Rattlesnake Juice bar, and you bump into your next door neighbour. Of course, it can be unfortunate if your Sim is trying to avoid someone for whatever reason, but they show up no matter where you go. xD
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I've seen many people dislike this feature but I personally like it too. Makes sense that other sims travel around as well. Why would only my controllable family be the one to do that? Plus I like the chance of meeting up with sims from different worlds even if I'm not interested in traveling there myself. I don't mind any "immersion breaking" aspects and instead find amusement in it. I can come up with my own headcanons for why e.g. Eliza Pancakes seems to constantly like having jogs at Forgotten Hollow. Seriously, she's like a regular.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I wish the real world was like that. I live on the US West Coast and would love for my friends from Australia or Europe to just show up in my neighborhood like "oh, hey, was just in the area, thought I'd drop by..."

In my simworld, I'd prefer the folks who live far distant from each other stay far distant from each other and have to make a real effort to get to each other's neighborhoods. It's one thing if all of my Western-civilisation suburbs are within range of San Myshuno—sure, it's a bit of a stretch to have Willow Creek and Oasis Springs in the same "state", but it's not completely absurd if we just imagine a compressed version of California where San Francisco, Los Angeles, and their suburbs are geographically closer than they are in real life. But Sulani's somewhere in Polynesia, Mt. Komorebi is in Japan, Selvadorada is El Salvador by another name, and some of the other pack neighborhoods are arguably pretty far away from Generic America—in my headcanon, Forgotten Hollow is in Hungary or Romania, Glimmerbrook is not for muggles to see and is on a whole 'nother plane of existence, and of course the upcoming farm village is a pretty obvious take on the British countryside far from the M25.

Unless they have Star Trek transporters, sims from faraway places should stay there.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I am particularly delighted when Sims that I have created in CAS, whether played or not, show up randomly in venues and other places my played Sims may be. I think it's fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I wish the real world was like that. I live on the US West Coast and would love for my friends from Australia or Europe to just show up in my neighborhood like "oh, hey, was just in the area, thought I'd drop by..."

In my simworld, I'd prefer the folks who live far distant from each other stay far distant from each other and have to make a real effort to get to each other's neighborhoods. It's one thing if all of my Western-civilisation suburbs are within range of San Myshuno—sure, it's a bit of a stretch to have Willow Creek and Oasis Springs in the same "state", but it's not completely absurd if we just imagine a compressed version of California where San Francisco, Los Angeles, and their suburbs are geographically closer than they are in real life. But Sulani's somewhere in Polynesia, Mt. Komorebi is in Japan, Selvadorada is El Salvador by another name, and some of the other pack neighborhoods are arguably pretty far away from Generic America—in my headcanon, Forgotten Hollow is in Hungary or Romania, Glimmerbrook is not for muggles to see and is on a whole 'nother plane of existence, and of course the upcoming farm village is a pretty obvious take on the British countryside far from the M25.

Unless they have Star Trek transporters, sims from faraway places should stay there.

Agreed! This is one thing I really cannot stand about Sims 4. Not only do they teleport across huge distances to use the gym, but they'll often stalk you and continue to travel huge distances to follow your sim to the gym that should be far, far away.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'm not to keen on it.
    Any other game developer would have probably determined how all these worlds are related to each other in terms of distance.

Most of the pedestrian sims would be from from that neighborhood and the nearest surrounding neighborhoods.
    Then you would have some sims visiting from the nearest towns and cities.
    Sims from distant towns and cities would be rare.

And in addition to that, sims that know each other and visit from time to time.
    Not random strangers just for randomness.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I honestly just wish people you have living in a world/neighborhood would show up more. Like I've intentionally made some of my families neighbors, and I never even see them unless I invite them over. I'd like to see sims that I've put in each world actually interacting with that world, instead of some random mermaid fishing in Windenburg lol
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't like it every time tho. I personally don't see them as Neighboring Cities.
    I honestly just wish people you have living in a world/neighborhood would show up more. Like I've intentionally made some of my families neighbors, and I never even see them unless I invite them over. I'd like to see sims that I've put in each world actually interacting with that world, instead of some random mermaid fishing in Windenburg lol

I agree, Sims who reside in the actual neighborhood, and of the world itself should primarily be used as NPCs roaming around the neighborhood. And then occasionally pop in sims from other worlds and visit.

I honestly wish Sims with high relationship levels, would try to make contact, by calling to hangout, or just coming over and dropping by, knock on the door. or if my sim is out and about we run into each other.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I honestly wish Sims with high relationship levels, would try to make contact, by calling to hangout, or just coming over and dropping by, knock on the door. or if my sim is out and about we run into each other.

@MasonGamer My sims with high relationships do tend to show up each other's doorsteps unannounced haha - I'll just notice them standing there randomly waiting to be invited in sometimes. I wouldn't say it's consistently just the ones they have high relationships with though - it's really anyone my sims are friends with
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    It doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but it seems ironic, in the Sims 3, everyone on the forums wanted their sims to be able to visit other worlds (neighborhoods). Just saying... :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.