Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    AgentJulia wrote: »
    I love this pack so far! Totally my dream pack, fairies would be the icing on the cake but I'm happy with this storybook-esque representation otherwise!

I like to go through the trailer/official screenshots and dig to see what I can find and these two objects stood out to me:

zWvPPRY.png
    Looks like a bird tree? Maybe we can have some birds that are ours and not just wild ones?

AND ALSO: this vent has fairy wings on it and it's so cute! (please be a hint for fairies please)
    DSnCCNO.png

So, just saw a tweet on another thread from a Sim guru that the birds and rabbits are wildlife that can be befriended. You can place a rabbit object or a bird object on your lot to encourage them to hang out more, and they will help with your garden and give you gifts. Apparently they do not occupy household slots, so this picture must be the bird item to attract them to hang out. And there are those little stumps for the rabbits.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited June 2021

New deaths & new woohoo location confirmed.
  • Options

I hope the new woohoo spot is a haystack. :D
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Any new traits/aspirations?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2021

See, I always thought this should have come with Get Together, I complained about it when that pack released. That's an example of why it was poorly made, and why it isn't a full EP, in my opinion anyways. The system is there but the gameplay isn't, sims won't actually do things together with the pack, or barely anything. It did not expand on the BG activities like so.

I always imagined Get Together would add the ability for sims to garden together or cook together...but not as in doing the same thing at the same time in different objects 10 meters apart without talking, but instead preparing a single dish together. It did not though. I'm happy they are finally including this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Holiday wrote: »

New deaths & new woohoo location confirmed.

*chanting* NEW DEATHS! NEW DEATHS! NEW DEATHS!
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

By the way that chicken attacked that lady (she has no luck with birds), I'm expecting death by angry chicken more.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

I feel like Village Errands are going to be similar to the odd jobs in Island Living. But that's ok. We have the register as self-employed option to make our sims actual farmers.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've never been a big fan of farming, but decided that I would get this pack for the new world, if nothing else. But the trailer blew me away. Llamas! Even if attached to a shed that's still great. And I noticed a maze or labyrinth in the world and a new ruin. I might have a different place for my wishing well than the ruin in Windenburg. I hope embroidery is a 10-level skill and that materials are free if you have a skein of wool in your inventory.

Definitely pre-ordering -- and happy that those of use who don't wait for a sale are getting a little love.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

By the way that chicken attacked that lady (she has no luck with birds), I'm expecting death by angry chicken more.

Oh, chickens might be a good way to die, but I'd agree with @CAPTAIN_NXR7 on the rabbit. Because that'd be a little Monty Python in-joke.
  • Options
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Woohoo in haystack?
    Death by rabid rabbit?

I was gonna say the same. I think death by chickens feels very Sims.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Reminds me of those boards in farming simulation games and such where town folks post tasks that you can take.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Okay...this is like the perfect pack for me. Farming, animals and wildlife, cottages, a fairytale style world (wicked witch in the forrest anybody???).
    I have NEVER been so excited for a sims 4 pack and this is the FIRST time I ever pre-ordered.
    Words could not express my excitement.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited June 2021
    "So, kids will not cook on their own but they can help their parents to make it a family activity!"

This is the best thing that I heard today.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Also thank you for the nice trailer that was not catered to what they think ‘woke’ kids talk like that makes everyone cringe
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2021
    Also thank you for the nice trailer that was not catered to what they think ‘woke’ kids talk like that makes everyone cringe

Oh yeah.....THANK GOD, there's no stupid toddlerish voice over in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 trailer. This is a pack a lot of simmers have been wanting since TS1. I'm glad that they took it seriously, instead of half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 everything like they usually do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Okay...this is like the perfect pack for me. Farming, animals and wildlife, cottages, a fairytale style world (wicked witch in the forrest anybody???).
    I have NEVER been so excited for a sims 4 pack and this is the FIRST time I ever pre-ordered.
    Words could not express my excitement.

Hermit in OR.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

Seriously. Give that person a raise.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Just watched it again. Sigh. It's such a wonderful looking world. I love the animals and the countryside vibe. I'm very tempted to preorder. $40 bucks though...urgh. That's a lot, although I would get that cute early buyer bicycle... Oh, well, at least I have till September to decide.

Please, Do not preorder. This trailer could be totally off, and it could be a boring pack. I would wait until the livestream and reviews come out.
    I agree though, this pack is seriously tempting
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    So far I really do like what I am seeing with the pack and look forward to more information. I hope I can afford to buy this one at release.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Oh yeah.....THANK GOD, there's no stupid toddlerish voice over in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trailer. This is a pack a lot of simmers have been wanting since TS1. I'm glad that they took it seriously, instead of half ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything like they usually do.

Wait for gameplay trailer, that'll probably have a voiceover. Lol.
    I hope not though. I hate their cringy voiceovers too :#
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Pack looks interesting thus far~ I'm pretty interested that kids have more things to do and that's always a plus.

That and kids ACTUALLY getting to cook? Or at least help an older sim cook at least. That's something I've been wanting for so long~ Though I do wonder if it just in this pack or will be a update to that.

Seeing Llama's in the game for the first time as they always seemed like some myth is so weird, but I'm not bad. Nice to know they're temperamental about getting hair cuts. (Or bad ones anyway.)

Also, it's nice to see Ms. Crumblebottom and her purse hitting has come back. Makes me miss the unsavory Charltan.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    I wonder if the pond can freeze over in the winter and we can ice skate on it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top