Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

1515253545557...Next

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    This definitely seem to be like Jungle Adventure. And by that I mean it was a pack I was very dismissive of until I bough it (I love Jungle Adventure, it's my second favorite game pack). I do really love this world, and a lot about it. I find a lot of bugs, mostly tied to the environment (the fishing sign right by my cottage is very buggy and most of the time I must reset it to be able to fish for example, and of course the "Can't have groceries delivered if you use the Private Dwelling lot perk). But it's good, very atmospheric just like Island living. They've gotten the feel just right.
    I am not English, but my parents live in a Swedish cottage and yes. I recognize a lot of stuff.

I can recommend the anti-fox alarm if you don't want to either chase every fox or befriend every fox in sight. Also, canning really is a good idea, especially the meat substitute. I never use the grocery store other than to sell my surplus to anymore. I just do my "goopy carbonara" with canned tomato sauce and canned mushroom meat substitute ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm having a ton of fun in this new world. Finally went to a fair, and as others have said it's mostly just a bunch of townies dancing. I deleted the speaker with a cheat mid-dance, and everyone awkwardly stopped dancing.

O8OeYZg.png
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    I must say I like it a lot. As I said above.
    I'm not even that focused on the specific gameplay, I just enjoy the detailed world. She just moved from Cordelia's Hidden Cottage to 4 Olde Mill Lane and I must say I do prefer Old New Henford over Bramblewood

And yes, setting "prefered weather" to Rain was a genius idea. My Sim is constantly happy jogging or doing yoga in the rain ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    My one cat is into playing with or eating the chicken feed. Love the way the cats on this farm interact with it!

FnXH69Y.png
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    My one cat is into playing with or eating the chicken feed. Love the way the cats on this farm interact with it!
    @GirafHuntr My cats find things in the feed piles, usually different types of repair parts.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm loving it so far, though I'm still in the "lost and don't know what I'm doing" stage. But it's been fun! I think I have all the mushrooms, but I bought mine - either through the stalls or through the phone - @83bienchen's buymorephone mod is a lifesaver sometimes!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I made the mistake of trying to do too much with rotational saves during my 1st attempt at cottage life so I put that save on hold for a while. I'm doing something different now but next time I go back to the village, I'll take it slowly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I'm still enjoying Cottage Living and being on my farm. I've been more inclined to click on and watch various videos because of Cottage Living.

Hope to try Beef Wellington one day.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The rabbits in the game are the most adorable thing ever. I never knew how smart and affectionate a bunny could be as a pet. It would be nice to be able to have Holland Lop Bunnies added as pets.

Holland-Lop-Bunny.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    j_nellyj_nelly Posts: 20 Member
    I absolutely love the farm but can't help taking on too many things at once which leave me no time to interact with locals and do their requests - anyone else ended up having garden/ chicken coop and (or) cow/ llama? I'm definitely enjoying the gameplay and is one of my favourite worlds to relax in!
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    I don't know if it's a cottage living thing or an update, but I love how kids help in the garden and get happy or inspired from it β™₯ Today my Sim's creative child got an inspired moodlet ("yey, I helped!) from watering the aubergine πŸ˜‚ It's so cute.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    haha I love Thistlefrith

even better would have been Thithlefrith

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Next time in game I'll be exploring Tartosa for a nice farming friendly location for my main Sims character.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Well 3 months later and my Tartosa is still empty except for my bridal salon. I really need to get started filling it up.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well 3 months later and my Tartosa is still empty except for my bridal salon. I really need to get started filling it up.

Lol my tartosa is still pretty empty too. I have plans for it and still haven't gotten around to it. πŸ˜…
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top