Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    poDFCeV.png
    Erin has no skills at singing, but she has her audience :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I finally caved and bought the farm. I know, I should have waited until a sale. But I have no impulse control when it comes to animals.
    hfuk9a3.png
    My spellcaster sim, Finn Stellar, married a mortal named Emeline Hirsch. Originally, he hired Emeline to work at his vet clinic/be a casual fling whenever they were on break. But they ended up falling in love and settling down together.

2d3226N.png
    They moved out of the home I've been using since the release of Paranormal Stuff, which has been in Finn's family for generations. The ghosts were too much of a safety risk for a mortal, to say nothing of their children.

f2wSYDH.png
    My farm's kind of dumpy, but I had a tight budget. But I'll probably take a leaf from some of the builds in this thread, once my sims get some money.

G3hq957.png
    They no longer have their vet clinic, but they have experience in dealing with animals. Their first, and so far only, animals are Henrietta and Cricket, the chicks. Honestly, LGR helped convince me to get this pack because he praised them so much. I already love them.

DZ6sKu2.png
    Finn was already a fisherman, so he quickly found a way to enjoy himself.

i4CqzLo.png
    I have to say, the B/B and CAS are really cute.

I should tag @Gordy too :p
    πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€ Between this and a lot of builds, I'm getting a lot of inspiration.

(Also, sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't get a notification.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    He shares 10 new features you might not know about; plus, there are some honorable mentions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-6ZbiBTWM
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I really dig it, I figured I would from what I saw the amount of harvest moon and said game style I have tried but it is a lot more like I would have wanted from it than I thought.
    JfRXXOP.png
    I heard things weren't going well with them and I popped in after not playing them and noticed how bad their relationship is they are trying kind of feel bad for the guy. They are being civil though touched up their farm and gave them a spare room for him to sleep in. Which probably doesn't seem all that positive but it sort of is.
    S42plek.png
    I had their kids out taking care of chores with the animals and I wasn't sure but checked and kids can also order the groceries, I mostly order everything but you know...whatever I like it.
    PeHt5OT.png
    Found some rabbit twins.

"dude stop, mama said not to talk to strangers."

"But she gave me a snack..."

"Don't take stuff from them either :s ."
    lol.

That one ran off but this one stayed around and so far it seems their generation is under control, when she left after being named I saw another one that my sim named in another house and a fox she dressed up instead of the game being overrun by them which I think is cute they have their own little community I also just realized that it tells you what age group they are in.
    lEjGCnS.png
    One of the less friendly foxes went after Leslie, their untamed friend and she kicked his tail then shook her legs kind of like a boxer ha...so yeah.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Womf9vr.png
    I wanted to try and cheat in the crop festival, so I set one my competitor's crop on fire.

i4ucRhZ.png\
    Not really connected to Cottage Living, but my family is struggling for money. Possibly as some form of karmic punishment, my sim's wife ended up giving birth to natural triplets.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    lol 🀣
    PeHt5OT.png
    Found some rabbit twins.

"dude stop, mama said not to talk to strangers."

"But she gave me a snack..."

"Don't take stuff from them either :s ."
    lol.

The animation when rabbits put their dukes up is so funny and cute.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    Womf9vr.png
    I wanted to try and cheat in the crop festival, so I set one my competitor's crop on fire.

i4ucRhZ.png\
    Not really connected to Cottage Living, but my family is struggling for money. Possibly as some form of karmic punishment, my sim's wife ended up giving birth to natural triplets.

I also got triples (for the very first time since the release of the game).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Good grief I’ve been playing all day the last few days…..so much fun! :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Good grief I’ve been playing all day the last few days…..so much fun! :)

Haha, I've been plying more or less non stop for a week now, my shoulder actually got very aching, probably due to too muc h sitting for too long... but even when it gets real painful it can't stop me from playing. Love this addition to bits!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2021
    Maxis made situational outfits that actually look good? I'm positively surprised.

lKelWhc.png

situational outfits are generated outfits that sims wear during special occasions like festivals etc.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    logion wrote: Β»
    Maxis made situational outfits that actually look good? I'm positively surprised.

lKelWhc.png

situational outfits are generated outfits that sims wear during special occasions like festivals etc.

Huh? And what exactly is their situation? Is it the general chat-with-our-Mayor-outfit? (Would love seeing Agnes wearing that outfit :smile: )
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    logion wrote: Β»

lKelWhc.png

Huh? And what exactly is their situation? Is it the general chat-with-our-Mayor-outfit? (Would love seeing Agnes wearing that outfit :smile: )

It looks like they wear these situational outfits during the fair.
  • Options
    I'm impressed with the day-to-day living here. Island Living and Snowy Escape basically felt like you were doing pretty much everything you in other worlds, just with a different backdrop and some new distractions. But farming actually feels like a new experience here. Living off of the land, ordering groceries, waking up early to tend to your crops and animals, prepping for festivals. It's still not chock full of gameplay, nor is it really going to affect gameplay outside of its niche. But it's such a refreshing take.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I've been having a lot of fun with this apocalyptic farming! My plans deviated quite a bit from my original plans but either way I'm having an apocalypse and I'm having fun!!🀭🀭
    Will be posting pictures soon.
    I love the chickens more than any other animals in the game. They can roam the entire lot!! They almost feel like a whole pet not tied to an object. I love the animations and just watching them explore. I love the way they do the rooster call in the morning 🀣🀣 they are just a joy. They can even fly down off platforms!! And look so cute when they run.

But yes enough with the chickens. I agree with Gordy that this pack gives a different experience I really like. Loving the challenges.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @Hearts4u they do everything way too cutely I still havent befriended any for good.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love the chickens!

Have built a huge farm for Oasis Springs and my poor little sim is almost ready to go there. Have a little personal challenge to finish up first in a miserable tiny flat by the beach. Then my main sim can escape to the farm.

I am really enjoying myself :)
  • Options
    ZgHQmK6.png
    This is a little detail I wasn't expecting I have to remember to have her store some for herself next time though it is sort of funny how she gets when she has full on milk.
    I'm an adult...lol.
    QLbFHQw.png
    I need this cheat active for sims too...
    Z5UEhI8.png
    She still got her cuddles and the little rabbit house for using it so you know if you enjoy it but get busy it's there.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Witches can use Burgliate and Copypasto on competitors' crop entries. I didn't use Burgliate, but I used Copypasto to get a copy of a pumpkin that was bigger than mine, and entered it in the competition.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited August 2021
    Me today: "Hmmm. You know, if you converted the backyard to a sims grid layout, I would pretty definitely have room at the back of the property for a few highland cattle. I wonder what the neighbors would think about that..." :D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Anybody having trouble settling into a farming routine? I'm finding there's just not enough time to get everything done. Right now I've moved my sim mom out of the family home and she's working on the Country Caretaker aspiration. I always move the sim mom out when a new pack releases so I can experience it without any distractions. I try to get the gardening and animal care done in the morning. I have two bee boxes, two hens, a cow and a llama. Also four animal farms. I like to send my sim to the market each day because there's usually different items available. Then there's the regular daily activities like cooking, preparing animal treats, running errands. Before I know it the day is over. :p And I'm wondering how I'm going to manage when I reunite the entire family and have to juggle school projects, and scouting, and skills and all of my regular family gameplay.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Anybody having trouble settling into a farming routine? I'm finding there's just not enough time to get everything done. Right now I've moved my sim mom out of the family home and she's working on the Country Caretaker aspiration. I always move the sim mom out when a new pack releases so I can experience it without any distractions. I try to get the gardening and animal care done in the morning. I have two bee boxes, two hens, a cow and a llama. Also four animal farms. I like to send my sim to the market each day because there's usually different items available. Then there's the regular daily activities like cooking, preparing animal treats, running errands. Before I know it the day is over. :p And I'm wondering how I'm going to manage when I reunite the entire family and have to juggle school projects, and scouting, and skills and all of my regular family gameplay.

I'm playing the Watson family and it can be a bit frustrating to take care of a large farm with a large family, I have four chickens, a cow and a lama and a large garden. I had six chickens before but I was not able to take of that many, I'm not sure how other people are managing it, I'm not surprised when I'm watching let's plays of people having six to eight and they keep getting messages that the chickens are unhappy.

Thomas can manage it pretty fine but it does feel like I have to leave the kids to do what they want when I'm not controlling them and it's pretty frustrating when they are not taking care of their needs properly.

Now they got a pretty good routine going on where Thomas takes care of the chickens and the garden, Rahmi takes care of the Cow and Rashida takes care of the Lama. Every morning I wash them and feed them and it's working pretty well.

I also got them a dog in the beginning but that was a mistake, I noticed that I could not take care of it and it kept asking for attention so I unfortunately had to get rid of it.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    It can definitely turn chaotic at a moments notice. LOL I am using off-the-grid and simple living and I thought making the family bigger I would have more hands to help. And of course it was twins. So mom & dad got very little sleep as it seemed the fresh country air was keeping the littles hungry constantly. As toddlers even crazier. However once they hit child hood it eased off. They now have to help with the chores.
    It was a challenge I was doing and am now finished so will go back to my legacy family. He has moved to take over his grandparents farm but luckily they have power and water. LOL

And I think he will take his time starting a family. LOL Reminds me of playing the Sims and trying to get the baby to age up before the parents passed out with exhaustion or it was taken away. Plus having to make friends when almost every interaction with the neighbours seemed to have an opposite effect. Now that was chaos.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    So I remembered that at one time I had a LMS mod that decreased the time to nurture the animal farms but must have deleted it at some point. Went to search for it and discovered a couple of mods that will help with animal care.

Better Animal Hygiene
    Cleaning Cows/Llamas is 4x faster and decay Rate of Hygiene is 4x slower than default (default is 6 hrs)

Better Animal Hunger
    The Decay Rate of Hunger is 4x slower than default (default is 6 hrs)

Better Animal Activity
    The Decay Rate of Activity (Attention) is 4x slower than default (default is 6 hrs)

https://lms-mods.com/random-small-mods/

I won't be using them for a while but it's nice to know they're available. :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2021

Nope. I'm actually a little all over the place. Managing the farm is a LOT. Even more so off the grid with lot challenges πŸ˜…πŸ˜… it helps that I use mccomand to slow down time but even so it's pretty time consuming. I'm still enjoying it but I have not found a specific routine.
    When I need a break from all of the farming and apocalypse lifestyle I jump to my celebrity family.
    Off topic.
    Been playing with Warnock watersides all day at the sulani beach. Super fun. Anyone who is a mod user should check it out πŸ€­β›±
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top