Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Was those ponds? at the beginning? We might get new terrain tool, also children cooking and making embroidery and a rustic kitchen in pristine condition and not like it went through ww2. Toddler has a little backpack.

Was kinda thinking that we might get llamas because in the knitting pack we can create one, but also though it might be farfetched, guess not! Llamas are better than the usual sheep imo, more in sims spirit.

I think it will be fun! I like the trailer too and it's been a while since I liked trailer.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Wanted Fairies most of all, but if they actually give us placeable, swimmable ponds (maybe even fishing locations for us to place)... good heavens... must have... more information... I'm gonna devour all the upcoming info about this pack... I hope some good clothing options as well.

Heck, I'm gonna have so many of my farms to edit with all this new stuff. It will be one busy summer..

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    That is hands down the best trailer I have seen for TS4. Do we really get 4 whole animals or are they just making it look that way? Can pumpkins grow in varying sizes?- That’s exciting.

Maybe it'll be like in TS1? A chance to grow a giant version when you used some fertilizer (don't remember it exactly)?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    edited June 2021
    Looking at the trailer I'm thinking Rabbits are like cats/dogs and then cows and llama's are hooked to their sheds. Unsure about chickens. Also 30 seconds into the trailer they made ponds on a lot so I'm feeling pretty sure we're getting a pond tool finally.
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Cottage Life is all of my dreams come true https://ibb.co/27zm8VV
    Where can I pre-order?
    So happy!
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    I never wanted a pack more. The world, the animals, the market place, the interactions... The only downside is that I have to wait for so long to be able to play it! I'm so happy right now !
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Was those ponds? at the beginning? We might get new terrain tool, also children cooking and making embroidery and a rustic kitchen in pristine condition and not like it went through ww2. Toddler has a little backpack.

Was kinda thinking that we might get llamas because in the knitting pack we can create one, but also though it might be farfetched, guess not! Llamas are better than the usual sheep imo, more in sims spirit.

I think it will be fun! I like the trailer too and it's been a while since I liked trailer.
    I guess so. And there was a llama decor item in the last gamepack I think, maybe that was a hint we missed.

I really hope we get free-form ponds, and swimmable too would be amazing! There are ducks on the pond too.

It looks like chickens and bunnies can roam about anywhere!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I'm going to fill all of my houses, in every single world, with animals.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I'm excited. I love how they built up the trailer to larger animals. And there seems to be a fair amount of family focus in this pack too. And Mrs. Crumplebottom, we've missed her. And the world is just amazing.
    I kind of made the resolution to not buy it until they fix gardening (I mean, I want my watermelons, pumpkins and aubergines to grow without issues!), but not sure I'm gonna be able to stick to it. I want those animals too.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    It looks really pretty and cozy, and it seems they were hinting in the description that cooking and gardening is available for children now. If that's the case I'm very pleased indeed. Waiting to see if we get more updates than ponds, so I'm eager to hear more.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    screen4ep11.jpg

Wait, is this a pond that our sims can actually swim in?
    I am so excited for this pack!

That FOX WINDOW!
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    We're getting back the pond tool! We're getting back the pond tool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOWDb2TBYDg
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited June 2021
    I love this. <3 Cottage Countryside even w/o my horses is still awesome. Growing veg & maybe displaying crafts brings back my 4H and fall fair memories. All good. Love the Llama especially. This one is a definite. Happy Simmer here. Too many things I like to list.

But please bring us horses one day as well. o:) Oh and fairies.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I'm excited. I love how they built up the trailer to larger animals. And there seems to be a fair amount of family focus in this pack too. And Mrs. Crumplebottom, we've missed her. And the world is just amazing.
    I kind of made the resolution to not buy it until they fix gardening (I mean, I want my watermelons, pumpkins and aubergines to grow without issues!), but not sure I'm gonna be able to stick to it. I want those animals too.

I think there would be an uproar if they didn't fix the gardening in time for this pack.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m so happy!! I can’t wait to get my hands on those llamas 🦙
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    I'm extremely torn while this pack looks good I love my modern contemporary houses so idk how that's gonna work
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Granted I literally cannot load anything beyond what I already have with the Sims, at least until I upgrade my computer, but this is a pack I can work with! I already have a witchy, potion making, live off what they sell, branch of my Reaper family, and I could totally see myself setting them up with a cottage and playing them as the local cunning folk. Okay we didn't get faeries, but this world does seem like it would be perfect for some imaginative fae play of our own (combine it with Realm of Magic, give some of the pre-mades a make over, select certain traits, you could have yourself a Seelie and Unseelie court in a manner of speaking). I like it, I didn't think the idea of cottages and farming would be my thing, but this looks like it might have a lot of gameplay potential for me. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    I just wish there are carabaos or water buffalo... I am not in a hurry of buying these and I don't mind if I don't get the limited-time bonus contents because I still have to enjoy the previous expansion and game packs. I might buy this Cottage Living pack in 2030!
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    After seeing the trailer I'm looking forward for this pack.

The kids have two things new to learn and I've waited long for a cooking overhaul, that the children are able to learn to cook too. That Llama sound like fun to have and swimming in a new terrain ponds is also a long awaits. Many nice stuff and clutter I've seen, and a classical bandana, so I can delete some cc there too.

I laughed at Snowwhite pesiflage and Mrs. Crumblebotton, I love her dress.
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    So...1) more hobbies 2) that children can do 3) more animals 4) that children can interact with 5) more country activities than farming 5) a pretty new world 6) that isn't US farm country. I can totally see myself using the Snowy Escape assets anywhere in it. Also, llamas would be everywhere in my versions of Selvaorada and Windenberg. Can it be that the Simgurus really are listening to us and reading the forums? All we need now is a decent selection of CAS items for the men. ;-) It all looks adorable, If I've worn out the Dream Home Decorators Pack by then and the reviews are good, I may buy it soon after it comes out instead of waiting for a sale.

To the person wondering if the cute critters are llamas or alpacas--it's the Sims, so they must be llamas.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Based on what I saw in the trailer, I love it! I really like how the world looks and the building designs. Also, that llama! LOL! The trailer gave me a good laugh. I loved the humor in it. I'm really looking forward to this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top