May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

If we have the Sims 5, should we have the option to add pre-designed public venues, or build our own

I would like to have the option, because I like being creative, and would like to be able to design the public venues my way, but I know other simmers might prefer to have pre-designed public venues, simply because it's easier, and less time consuming.

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 1,244 Member
    What do you mean? That the game not ship with any pre-built venues and we, as the players would need to build them all ourselves?

I personally do not want, my least favorite thing to build are community lots. I much prefer to plunk down a pre-made or fan-made venue and tweak to my specifications
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 65 Member
    What do you mean? That the game not ship with any pre-built venues and we, as the players would need to build them all ourselves?

I personally do not want, my least favorite thing to build are community lots. I much prefer to plunk down a pre-made or fan-made venue and tweak to my specifications

No, but I'm saying that we should have the option between adding in pre-designed venues, and designing the venues ourselves.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 970 Member
    I would like to have the option, because I like being creative, and would like to be able to design the public venues my way, but I know other simmers might prefer to have pre-designed public venues, simply because it's easier, and less time consuming.

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the premade community lots should in the library at the start and the player chooses whether to place them or build your own?

I wouldn’t like to see a town load with just houses. It would look odd. Especially as Sims 2 and 3 included community lots from the get go. It made sense 4 would continue that.

You can renovate or replace anytime. I always change the four community lots in Willow Creek. Sometimes a makeover; like the club has toilets upstairs so I changed it to everything on one level. Other times I’ll do a complete change replacing venues with those from other packs like bowling alley.

I play rotational, including building, so if there’s no community lots at the start then my Sims wouldn’t have anywhere to go.

It’s time for Snowy Escapes fun! ⛷🧗🏻⛰