Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we have the Sims 5, should we have the option to add pre-designed public venues, or build our own

LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I would like to have the option, because I like being creative, and would like to be able to design the public venues my way, but I know other simmers might prefer to have pre-designed public venues, simply because it's easier, and less time consuming.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    What do you mean? That the game not ship with any pre-built venues and we, as the players would need to build them all ourselves?

I personally do not want, my least favorite thing to build are community lots. I much prefer to plunk down a pre-made or fan-made venue and tweak to my specifications
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    What do you mean? That the game not ship with any pre-built venues and we, as the players would need to build them all ourselves?

I personally do not want, my least favorite thing to build are community lots. I much prefer to plunk down a pre-made or fan-made venue and tweak to my specifications

No, but I'm saying that we should have the option between adding in pre-designed venues, and designing the venues ourselves.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I would like to have the option, because I like being creative, and would like to be able to design the public venues my way, but I know other simmers might prefer to have pre-designed public venues, simply because it's easier, and less time consuming.

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the premade community lots should in the library at the start and the player chooses whether to place them or build your own?

I wouldn’t like to see a town load with just houses. It would look odd. Especially as Sims 2 and 3 included community lots from the get go. It made sense 4 would continue that.

You can renovate or replace anytime. I always change the four community lots in Willow Creek. Sometimes a makeover; like the club has toilets upstairs so I changed it to everything on one level. Other times I’ll do a complete change replacing venues with those from other packs like bowling alley.

I play rotational, including building, so if there’s no community lots at the start then my Sims wouldn’t have anywhere to go.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I will build my own thanks! B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Both because some players just can't build nor want to build. I like my own builds most of the time. But what I don't want to see ever again is the designated lot types that TS3 and TS4 uses. I really hate requirements for a lot and I hate Sims won't use something if it's not a designated item. I really disliked having to hide things in a basement with no entrance so I could build particular lots in TS4. Just let them build Maxis. No designated lots and time closings etc. like TS3 and TS4 used. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    I pretty much prefer more choices, more free plots to work with and so I can decide how my Neighbourhood looks like. I pretty much loved S3 for that espically Island Paradies. In which I even could build on hidden islands. I would love to see a return of open world to the Sims Franchise it was the right direction, maybe not for most players during that time. But people like me who constantly invests in his pc is ready for any tech.