Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Likes & Dislikes still need improvements...

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Why sims don't get a boost or a deceleration when they perform an activity they like/dislike?
Why is there only likes & dislikes for skill related activities?
Why color preferences don't have any impact on sims?
Why NPC's don't have likes & dislikes and why when we ask them it only randomizes the same 5 or 6 likes/dislikes?
Why don't we have to discover likes/dislikes of sims slowly when we ask them?
Why don't they automatically turn towards objects related to their likes?
Why sims are dancing to music they hate? Uhh??

Anyway, the two videos down below explain it better, why likes & dislikes still need improvements.
And please, next time, fix this d@mn emotion system!

Carl's video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK5ORf_o1L4

Pleasant sims video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iT4uXtFsK8
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I am also disappointed with the options for decor style likes and dislikes included with the new pack. There are five different ways to say you like modern decor: modern/contemporary/cosmolux/mid-century/suburban contemporary (whatever that is), which take up a lot of slots for sims who I would like to mark as preferring a modern style, but no categories at all for several styles WE HAVE IN THE GAME! Where is the preference for industrial decor? Or how about art deco? Craftsman? Eastern traditional? I mean, we just got an entire pack about that last one. Please, sim gurus, if you are reading this forum, go back and create categories for all the styles your furniture art team has developed in the past, both as bb tags and as likes/dislikes. Under the current system, the interior decorator career encourages the player to simply makeover the entire world in the contemporary styles that came with the pack, which is actually antithetical to the artistry of interior decoration as a careful selection process from a variety of unique styles for what suits each home best. Unless you collapse modern back into the one category it should be and replace its redundancies with the other decor styles that exist in game but have been sidelined by the pack, half the beautiful furniture your art team has made will languish, forgotten, unasked-for, and untagged, in the bb catalogue while the worlds get ever more uniform and bland.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I can sort of see why for the free portion of the update they'd be missing some activities and music genres if they ran out of time before their patch deadline. That's easy enough to push back and slap into the next patch. But I really wish they had gone for an impact on autonomy rather than emotions. Sims who dislike something shouldn't autonomously choose to do that. Sure, add the tense emotion if they player directs them to do something they dislike, but why not program them to change the music station to what they like before they start autonomously dancing? Sims can refuse to do certain actions if they have strong enough negative emotions, so you would think there would be a way to run a check, especially considering recent updates to traits have impacted autonomy (e.g. the goofballs and the toilet pranks).
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    There's definitely an issue with likes and dislikes that needs to be addressed. It seems they are just given out randomly. When Marcus Flex gets *Dislikes Fitness* you know there's problem. He lives for fitness and is the club leader of Powerhouse. I've noticed several other sims at gyms that are apparently having a "bad time" yet have a fitness aspiration or trait (eye roll emoji)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    There's definitely an issue with likes and dislikes that needs to be addressed. It seems they are just given out randomly. When Marcus Flex gets *Dislikes Fitness* you know there's problem. He lives for fitness and is the club leader of Powerhouse. I've noticed several other sims at gyms that are apparently having a "bad time" yet have a fitness aspiration or trait (eye roll emoji)

I had a level 10 violinist decide she dislikes the violin!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would enjoy if likes and dislikes were more impactful with gameplay and you have a lot of nice ideas on ways to improve it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller