Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a favourite lot?

Comments

• Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    The Bluffs in Windenburg. It's a very beautiful place, especially in spring/summer. I'm planning my couple Sims to get engaged there, and then get married there as well.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    There are many, but the first that came to my mind is Cottage Am See in the countryside of Windenburg. I just love the scenery, little stream/pond next to it and a bit remote feeling.

Yes, the pond lot in Windenburg is one of my favorites too. I have Gypsies living there and they fish a lot. And you are right, it does have a remote feel to it. I was hoping some of the lots in Glimmerbrook would have that type of feel, but sadly they don’t.
    I also have a lot of sims in apartments in San Myshuno. And although I don’t have any of my favorite sims in Sulani, my sims love to vacation there.
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    "cottage am see" would be perfect - if it didn't have a weird terrain bug when with basements
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Depends on sims I want to play and things I want to build

but i pretty much have favourite spot in every world that I have built about million times over while ignoring all the other lots in the world

but i also am trying to get rid of that habit and realize new favourites everytime I build on lots i thought were totally awful before because they were just badly used

as example i used to really detest spire apartments cause its just so unneededly big but i divided it in half and padumts suddenly its one of my favourites

i used to really hate the empty house in grims quarry but padumts i made new boring suburban with aliens in it and its perfection and it perfectly lines so i could create goverment spies to spy on them from one of the apartments (which btw i also often sort of hate because first level can't be used but other than that its awesome and the boring appearance just adds to the vibe)

i guess the short answer is just : I like lots that have to be rediscovered because it makes me hyped to continue discovering best purpose for them

initial answer would be: I've built in forgotten hollow about 1000 times more than other worlds but i mean thats just given as its my only spoopy world for spoopy mansions which i love

I LOVE your idea of having sims spy on other apartments! I’m playing a celebrity alien sim in San Myshuno right now so I might use your idea to spice things up!

Also agree: Forgotten Hollow is one of my faves too purely for the spoopiness :p I like how the whole “world” is centralised into one neighbourhood too.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    The 64x64 lot in Windenburg by the Shrieking Llama
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I have several, in no particular order.

The Dresden House in Windenburg. The house is beautiful & roomy, the big yard is perfect for the outdoor loving sims, and that secluded fishing spot behind it is a great place for your sims to escape to.

930 Medina Studios in San Myshuno. I don't care for the color scheme, but that's easily fixed. It's a surprisingly affordable & spacious apartment, perfect for a growing family.

The house that came with Parenthood. I'm big on family play, so it suits my style perfectly, plus the build/buy objects that came with that pack are among my favorites. I usually either put it in Newcrest or Magnolia promenade. Not much yard space, so it helps to have it next to a playground.

Lakeside retreat in Granite Falls. I always move a copy of this to Newcrest, makes a nice rustic family home in the suburbs.

For community lots, Desert Bloom in Oasis Springs, the karaoke bar in the Spice district & the beaches in Sulani are my favorite places for sims to go.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    By the way, thank you guys.

There are some amazing suggestions here and I’ve been finding some really nice hidden gems. I just set up Cottage Am See as a vacation rental and found it’s kept a load of Detective job items on the ground (chalk outlines/graffiti etc.) It adds to the ambience I suppose #MurderHouse :D
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    TeeSea wrote: »
    The 64x64 lot in Windenburg by the Shrieking Llama

In my game, Dresden House is home to the Lykke family. Think of them as the most extravagant family in Windenburg.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited June 2021
    My favorite lot has changed over the course of time.

I used to play in Willow Creek on the 50 X 50 lot. This is a reasonable and Sim-friendly replication of a house built by an officer from the Civil war, 19th century, for his bride, that my granduncle and grandaunt used to own. This was always Erik Cantrell's house.
    sLtsvGD.jpg
    Then I messed around with platforms (glad I had an unblemished copy in My Library) and it grew old. So, I built a new house. And they moved
    to the 64 X 64 lot in Windenburg. This is The Flanigan. Built and tweaked this one from a magazine that gave the floorplan. I added the platforms.
    gOBy8N7.jpg

I like very large lots because it's far easier for me to maneuver the camera around to really see what my Sims are doing. No, I don't pay much attention to the in-game clock and it never seems to take my Sims very long to get where they're going. (And I tend to be on the impatient side, too.) I also like to play with a full household. I use autonomous and enjoy how my Sims interact, while I concentrate on my would-be Global Superstar. :)

I finally did decide to play in Del Sol Valley. I use the 64 X 64 lot there, too. It's great how it overlooks the city. And perfect for the Teen with high celebrity ambitions.
    This is a copy I built of the Sims2 Wright Way House. I placed it in Brindleton Bay, at first but then moved it to Del Sol Valley.
    U521cts.jpg

I have since Restarted my Main game save. I use another house I built, far more rustic in design, but it's also on that cliff in Del Sol Valley. Can't find the screenshots at the moment, to share. But, again, it's on the large side.

ETA: Took a new screenshot, yesterday. Here is the house Joseph Cantrell, Sr. inherited from his paternal grand-uncle. Joseph was his namesake.

tYAJhUs.jpg
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    Depends on sims I want to play and things I want to build

but i pretty much have favourite spot in every world that I have built about million times over while ignoring all the other lots in the world

but i also am trying to get rid of that habit and realize new favourites everytime I build on lots i thought were totally awful before because they were just badly used

as example i used to really detest spire apartments cause its just so unneededly big but i divided it in half and padumts suddenly its one of my favourites

i used to really hate the empty house in grims quarry but padumts i made new boring suburban with aliens in it and its perfection and it perfectly lines so i could create government spies to spy on them from one of the apartments (which btw i also often sort of hate because first level can't be used but other than that its awesome and the boring appearance just adds to the vibe)

i guess the short answer is just : I like lots that have to be rediscovered because it makes me hyped to continue discovering best purpose for them

initial answer would be: I've built in forgotten hollow about 1000 times more than other worlds but i mean thats just given as its my only spoopy world for spoopy mansions which i love

I have a big soft spot for Forgotten Hollow, too. I love the spoopiness--and the townies, even if the world itself is unforgivably small. I'm hoping that we get another "dark" world like that; I mostly make Sims from dark movies and shows, and it's a bit awkward when you've got the vampire queen living in San Myshuno.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »

The house that came with Parenthood. I'm big on family play, so it suits my style perfectly, plus the build/buy objects that came with that pack are among my favorites. I usually either put it in Newcrest or Magnolia promenade. Not much yard space, so it helps to have it next to a playground.

I didn't realize Parenthood came with a house. I'll have to check that out!

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Bedlington Boathouse in Brindleton Bay.
    I like that it is close to the ocean.
    07-07-18_10-02-27_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The original house has an odd interior layout, so I renovated it and spruced up the exterior a little.
    11-08-19_7-15-36_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    L00NYL0V3 wrote: »

I have a big soft spot for Forgotten Hollow, too. I love the spoopiness--and the townies, even if the world itself is unforgivably small. I'm hoping that we get another "dark" world like that; I mostly make Sims from dark movies and shows, and it's a bit awkward when you've got the vampire queen living in San Myshuno.

yeah I'd love gothic city or dark forest/swampy neighborhood...or both... maybe with werewolves... getting carried away I am... hopefully not by werewolf
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »

I didn't realize Parenthood came with a house. I'll have to check that out!

@CaprianaB There are two houses that came with Parenthood - a red house named Our Cozy Home and a green one named Commodius Residence. I think both can be found under Maxis in the gallery.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    I have favorite lots in most worlds that I tend to gravitate towards and put all my houses on, my sims usually end up in the same places all the time but with different houses, these are my usual picks:
    island.png
    forgotten.png
    glimmery.png
    mysery.png
    myshoeno.png
    strange.png
    wind.png
    bay.png
    uni.png

In terms of premade lots my favorite community lot is the Rattlesnake Juice bar and my favorite house is Vlad's Mansion :)
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2021
    Bargain Bend in Willow Creek. Mainly because it's the very first lot I built my first house for the game on and so I have a sentimental connection to it.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    I have favorite lots in most worlds that I tend to gravitate towards and put all my houses on, my sims usually end up in the same places all the time but with different houses, these are my usual picks:

oooo I like how you marked them on map
    much easier than explaining :hushed:

maybe I shall go and mark some maps too with my most used lots
  • Options
    stopthiefstopthief Posts: 6 New Member
    My favourite is The Summer Home in Windenburg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Here some pictures with unneeded commentary if someone got super eyes cause i think i actually wrote it too small but im not gonna edit now

you can take red as sign that i probably cursed a lot building there
    XBjgY4u.png
    78LBMBs.png
    kF64OcI.png
    SzBSZnb.png
    X5GXB8N.png
    zdoqJ4R.png
    2C6UDO5.png
    5GsYCmT.png
    MOr8Dod.png
    5Gns4FF.png
    vjOhDcq.png
    EP81Uje.png
    6fQVOXZ.png
    IWAYpma.png
    CBb60Ea.png
    MTguzGf.png
    kfor4UH.png
    whew tell me that was all of them
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member

I hated Spire for the longest time as well, I could never figure out what to do with it. Then the pool gave me the idea to turn it into a vaporwave style house and I finally ended up liking it. Just kept most of the layout as is, changed some of the upstairs rooms around. I still hate that we can't change the elevator room though, that drives me insane.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

I hated Spire for the longest time as well, I could never figure out what to do with it. Then the pool gave me the idea to turn it into a vaporwave style house and I finally ended up liking it. Just kept most of the layout as is, changed some of the upstairs rooms around. I still hate that we can't change the elevator room though, that drives me insane.

oh you're making me regret deleting the pool

don't think I'll get it back for this save cause the dum building restriction thing

vaporwave pool party would have been lit tho
  • Options
    Here some pictures with unneeded commentary if someone got super eyes cause i think i actually wrote it too small but im not gonna edit now

XBjgY4u.png
    78LBMBs.png
    kF64OcI.png
    SzBSZnb.png
    X5GXB8N.png
    zdoqJ4R.png
    2C6UDO5.png
    5GsYCmT.png
    MOr8Dod.png
    5Gns4FF.png
    vjOhDcq.png
    EP81Uje.png
    6fQVOXZ.png
    IWAYpma.png
    CBb60Ea.png
    MTguzGf.png
    kfor4UH.png

I’m super impressed that you’ve played and renovated so many lots!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    RySBI wrote: »

XBjgY4u.png
    78LBMBs.png
    kF64OcI.png
    SzBSZnb.png
    X5GXB8N.png
    zdoqJ4R.png
    2C6UDO5.png
    5GsYCmT.png
    MOr8Dod.png
    5Gns4FF.png
    vjOhDcq.png
    EP81Uje.png
    6fQVOXZ.png
    IWAYpma.png
    CBb60Ea.png
    MTguzGf.png
    kfor4UH.png

I’m super impressed that you’ve played and renovated so many lots!

well I've attempted many :lol:
    long term goal is to have my own build on every lot one day :blush: but it cant happen if i keep running away from those red regions :lol: and the number of worlds will keep increasing... :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I just discovered the view of the bay in Brindleton Bay's "Tails End" lot at Whiskerman's Wharf. It has a lovely view of the harbor and pier. It comes empty but a home with large windows that bring in the scenery will be awesome there.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually love the lots in Brindleton Bay as well. It's hard to pick a favorite. I custom built a house at Tail's End where I have a family living and it is great. I also added that Commodius lot to Parenthood a while ago though I haven't really played with the household that I moved in there. I guess I should get around to that. I like more lots than I don't. I also renovated some of them back in the days before DHD.

One of the reasons that I play rotationally is so that I can flip around to all of the different houses.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.