Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please can we have landlines!

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I really would like landlines as an option for Sims 4. 🥺 I still have a landline. I know many people who do. I looked to see if there was active thread but I could only find posts from 2015 about landlines. They’re still missing.

It’s also jarring when trying to play an old fashioned storyline and Sims are using mobiles!

Not everyone uses mobiles as their sole communication.
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Wall phones and the table top ones would be a good addition. I would love wall radios too. I use to have one in the Sims3, but forgot how to get it back.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    It's not just the phones. Sims use their smart phones for so many things that simply could not be done on landline phones. Though I think it would be fun to replace the phone gaming with old fashioned alternatives like prank calls for fun.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I find it so annoying that my sims always wants to play games & browse the web on their phones. I don't mind it so much with my 20th Century & Futuristic Saves; however, it's just so wrong for my Medieval, Civilization & Prehistoric Saves to be doing that. I wish there was a toggle to turn off the cellphones. :s
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I would like landlines too, and newspapers and magazines. Now that we have kits, perhaps there is renewed hope for the landlines/newspapers to come back. They did give us something as small as vacuuming in a kit, so I think it should be possible for a landline.

I wanted vacuums exactly like the ones we have in Bust the Dust, but I didn't think it was ever going to be a gameplay feature. One never knows.

As for the newspapers and magazines, they should have to be subscribed to first so it doesn't overwhelm our Sim households.
    Perhaps we could have the occasional free sample issue of a magazine arrive randomly. It could even make use of the likes and dislikes feature, so that a Sim would prefer a certain genre of magazine.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I agree landlines would be great and newspapers too.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    All for landlines it would provide gameplay
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Wall phones and the table top ones would be a good addition. I would love wall radios too. I use to have one in the Sims3, but forgot how to get it back.
    I would include wall phones. Sims 3 had one wall phone and one desk phone.

I forgot about the wall radios too. I’ll see if I can find out how to get them, next time I’m playing.

It’s good to see others wanting landlines too! 😊🎉

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    I have wanted table top phones and wall phones forever (seven years) in TS4. However, it seems Maxis doesn't understand how limited a cell phone in every pocket is to the player. Forget about your imagination where you return to a time when these phones were all the rage, just play the current timeline and never imagine anything else is what TS4 is like to me. At least in older games we have choices between landlines and or cellphone and or both. Or best of all (if you want to play outside the box) none at all. This type of decision really hampers players' imaginations.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I don't know anyone irl that has a landline aside from us, and we only have it because our alarm system required it. All of us have and use cells.

However, I would love to have landlines back in Sims. I have a few houses that really need them! It's a small detail, but it really bugs me when I build something like the Byers' house (Stranger Things) and I can't put the phone where it's supposed to be.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I don't know anyone irl that has a landline aside from us, and we only have it because our alarm system required it. All of us have and use cells.

However, I would love to have landlines back in Sims. I have a few houses that really need them! It's a small detail, but it really bugs me when I build something like the Byers' house (Stranger Things) and I can't put the phone where it's supposed to be.

Landlines have become mostly obsolete for home use, cause most people have and prefer to use a cell phone, but they are still used widely in businesses. I never played the detective career, but do the inmates still get to keep their cellphones? You would think that at least for that career they would add a wall payphone to the game cause real life inmates are not allowed cellphones.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i agree landlines would be of great use in the sims4 aspecaly if players wents to create storys base in the 1970 1980 era or earlyer where landlines where in homes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Landlines have become mostly obsolete for home use, cause most people have and prefer to use a cell phone, but they are still used widely in businesses. I never played the detective career, but do the inmates still get to keep their cellphones? You would think that at least for that career they would add a wall payphone to the game cause real life inmates are not allowed cellphones.

They do still have them, there's nothing about restricting them or taking them away when you arrest them, although that would have been a nice touch. I've never seen any of them use them though. Once you arrest them, they don't do anything but wait for you to interact with them.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01