Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you rather play in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in Live Mode or build in The Sims 4?

Background: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection or The Sims 3 (with whatever packs you own) may be praised as having the best gameplay, while The Sims 4 may be praised as having the best, most intuitive, easiest Build Mode. In that case, I am going to highlight the best features and let you to make a choice.

Would you rather play in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in Live Mode or build in The Sims 4? 42 votes

play in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
76%
Sara1010PPlayerSinger2010Isb917ncisGibbs02maggiemae8135simgirl1010ArchivistApparentlyAwesomeCinebarBabykittyjadewormofthebookSunflowergal227Renato10TrashmagicM13Vulpeculatexxx78SimsAddict_244AstroEnkiSchmidtOldeseadogge 32 votes
build in The Sims 4 (with whatever DLC you own)
14%
SimburiandoogerieJon the WizardCharlotta11SERVERFRASeashoreLivia 6 votes
results
9%
waterywatermelonMareahAmeliaToddSimsirella 4 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    As I hate building I'd select gameplay no matter which version.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hate building, so I guess I'd go with TS2 despite all the drawbacks it has.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've never played Sims 2.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Sims 4 Build Mode. It's literally the best Build/Buy Mode in the entire series. If I have one wish, it's that I could change out the music with the Sims 1 Build and Buy music.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    results
    I never played Sims 2 myself, but I had a friend who was very into it and I often would watch her play and didn't liked it.

I don't enjoy building for the building sake. The only building game that managed to held my interest was Dragon Quest Builders 2, probably because before it becomes a building sandbox, there is a story line that let you bond with characters and the style is kinda cute. So if the only thing I could do in Sim4 is building I'd get bored pretty fast of it.
    Post edited by AmeliaTodd on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sims 2 had such random elements that I loved. You never knew what was going to happen. Although I love building in Sims 4, Sims 2 still surprises me.
    (Sims 3 would be preferred due to improved graphics and open world though.)
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I went back to try TS3 a few weeks ago I loved that game but going back to it while there are some nice ideas (Open World, Cars, Teen’s that look like teens ect...) my gif it’s clunky coming from TS4 back to TS3 makes TS3 feel almost unplayable it proves ( and this is hard for me to say) that we look at TS3 through rose tinted glasses where as TS3 has more personality TS4 is the better game😱shocking
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2021
    Definitively playing the game rather than building. Building in S2 is such a pain. Plus, I don't like that I can't build on community lots in live mode without going back to the neighborhood just to add one object.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Not much of a builder, I would rather play, so yes, I would rather play Sims 2 live mode. Sims 2 is still my favorite of the games anyway.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    100% live mode in 2. I like building in 4, but if I cannot build for a family it does not have much of a point for me. Anyway, if I built at all I'd have a family for it, but 4 is one of those games that I need to play every part. One alone does not hold my attention well enough. 2, on the other hand, could lop of most of BB and even some of CAS (and that is kind of the case when compared to later entries) and I would still be kind of happy with live mode.

And yeah, if I have the DLCs I'll use them.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited June 2021
    I've never played the sims 2 and from what I've heard about it I probably wouldn't like it.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I like doing both, and both in TS2! TS2 has matchless game play and while its build mode lacks some features of 4, I can still do lots of things 4 can only dream about (water tool, terrain tools that actually work, Mansard roofs with functioning windows, almost unrestricted number of levels...). Any simming I do is in TS2!
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    results
    I like doing both, and both in TS2! TS2 has matchless game play and while its build mode lacks some features of 4, I can still do lots of things 4 can only dream about (water tool, terrain tools that actually work, Mansard roofs with functioning windows, almost unrestricted number of levels...). Any simming I do is in TS2!

You should check out Teoalida. https://www.teoalida.com/about/aboutme/

This guy (or gal) has experimented with The Sims 2 building a lot. He (or she) has made comments about the solar direction, shadows, neighborhood layouts and the number of levels you can get in TS2.

TS2 does allow you to build very high up, but that is limited by the camera height and by the ability to see everything (the lotimposter) in the neighborhood.

I prefer to set a limit at 10 stories. Any taller than that, and the game may fail to render the lotimposter correctly, or the camera height will fail to go high enough.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021

You should check out Teoalida. https://www.teoalida.com/about/aboutme/

This guy (or gal) has experimented with The Sims 2 building a lot. He (or she) has made comments about the solar direction, shadows, neighborhood layouts and the number of levels you can get in TS2.

TS2 does allow you to build very high up, but that is limited by the camera height and by the ability to see everything (the lotimposter) in the neighborhood.

I prefer to set a limit at 10 stories. Any taller than that, and the game may fail to render the lotimposter correctly, or the camera height will fail to go high enough.

I think they meant the set level of five without cheats. TS4 is still not as versatile after seven years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Thought I'd try Sims 2 for a change today and Origin had an update for it and I'm not sure why. It appears to do this from time to time so I always press update first. Has anyone else had this in Origin? It's a bit smoother to run but still no more resolution options. I love the look of the worlds but not the overlarge game play panels.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    results
    I think pass on both, and maybe just leave the franchise altogether, if those were the only options lol.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited June 2021
    Gameplay for me! Building takes time to learn. Although i build alot in the sims 2! Because of the families to get married! For instance Candance Smith (PT 9 Daughter) likes Chris Smith (newbie to the sims but just in case i mess up, i try to use the same last name so that it doesn't matter who proposes.) i would build them a house once they graduate.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Y'all would be surprised how many mods exist to make this game playable in this day.
    At least for me, graphically and gameplay wise, this game is better than TS4 with all the mods and CC I have for it.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 2 for great gameplay. The Sims 3 for both gameplay and building. The Sims 1 for fun. The Sims 4 just when I can't play the others (will always be my least favorite at this point)