Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Know one of the things I like about this game....

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
The lots are never empty. No matter if your Sim is the first one on a public lot, soon enough all the Sims from town show up making it a lot easier to meet new people. And mods aren't needed.

In Sims 3 I remember the lots were always empty and you had to use mods to populate the lots and even then, it only brought one or two more Sims. Discovering more stuff about this game that I like.

Also when Sims go on a date, they actually sit at the same table instead of one sitting at the bar and the other one sitting on the other side of the restaurant. My Sim and her girlfriend are on a date together and I was surprised to see 'sit together' as option and it actually worked.
Post edited by Fairy_Happy on

Comments

• LA_sports_girl87LA_sports_girl87 Posts: 24 Member
    I totally agree! And to me it seems like you get a good mix of new NPCs and those that you've already met. Way easier to interact with people outside your household.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    It really does. I also makes me actually want to leave my house and travel to bars and places because I know other sims will definitely be there.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I must agree. The game at least TRIES to create the illusion of various worlds being a tight community with people around. I only wish that toddlers were not trapped at home, though.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes, i like that too! :)
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    The lots are never empty. No matter if your Sim is the first one on a public lot, soon enough all the Sims from town show up making it a lot easier to meet new people. And mods aren't needed.

In Sims 3 I remember the lots were always empty and you had to use mods to populate the lots and even then, it only brought one or two more Sims. Discovering more stuff about this game that I like.

Also when Sims go on a date, they actually sit at the same table instead of one sitting at the bar and the other one sitting on the other side of the restaurant. My Sim and her girlfriend are on a date together and I was surprised to see 'sit together' as option and it actually worked.

That's one of the things that kept me from getting invested in TS3. I like how populated the community lots get in TS4, or the amount of sims that walk past the lot that you can interact with, it makes the game feel more alive in my opinion.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I also love how populated community lots are in the Sims 4. I wish we could have the option to keep sims separated from certain worlds though. Like Sulani for instance, it just doesn't seem right seeing the Goth's walking around in their usual outfits that don't suit the Island environment and also the same for Mt Komorebi because often they will be wearing outdoor wear that doesn't suit the the Ski Slope aesthetic.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

That's one of the things that kept me from getting invested in TS3. I like how populated the community lots get in TS4, or the amount of sims that walk past the lot that you can interact with, it makes the game feel more alive in my opinion.

Nowadays, with fixed worlds and nraas errortrap mod, venues are full of sims in sims 3 :)
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    Lots in The Sims 3 ARE NOT empty if the game grades your CPU as "Uber" and the town has enough Sims:

lKAmtOx.jpg

8gJZCjq.jpg

o1x1lRi.jpg

qDVUOz5.jpg

YiHjYLv.jpg

f5iuOfu.jpg
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    That looks like it would make my laptop go into retirement.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    I must agree. The game at least TRIES to create the illusion of various worlds being a tight community with people around. I only wish that toddlers were not trapped at home, though.

Why are toddlers trapped at home? I take mine to park all the time, and there is the toddler play date event too.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2021
    ArcherDK wrote: »

Why are toddlers trapped at home? I take mine to park all the time, and there is the toddler play date event too.

Toddlers not of the current household are never anywhere, not without mods anyway. It would be so lovely if they could update this at some point so we could see families bring their toddlers to parks or other various locations.
    Naus wrote: »
    Lots in The Sims 3 ARE NOT empty if the game grades your CPU as "Uber" and the town has enough Sims:

lKAmtOx.jpg

8gJZCjq.jpg

o1x1lRi.jpg

qDVUOz5.jpg

YiHjYLv.jpg

f5iuOfu.jpg

It looks like my game :) always packed with zero lag!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

This is what it looks like in my TS3 looks like too.

I've always wondered why some people complain that the community lots have no people. I did read that the amount of sims was based upon your computer specs, so if you had a lower-end computer less sims would be generated to keep from taxing your pc. Also making certain rabbit hole venues set to "No Visitors Allowed" prevents NPCs from just hanging out there I read.

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

lKAmtOx.jpg

8gJZCjq.jpg

o1x1lRi.jpg

qDVUOz5.jpg

YiHjYLv.jpg

f5iuOfu.jpg

Same. My lots are never empty. But I do have lag when the save gets too bloated.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

lKAmtOx.jpg

8gJZCjq.jpg

o1x1lRi.jpg

qDVUOz5.jpg

YiHjYLv.jpg

f5iuOfu.jpg

Same. My lots are never empty. But I do have lag when the save gets too bloated.

I think i haven't come to that yet :)