Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE FIX the reverse mirror bug for Radeon 6800 owners already!

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
edited June 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This bug has been well documented in the EA bug forum by multiple people and has existed since the Radeon 6800 series/big navi was released - and yet nothing about it has been done. I even contacted AMD and they legit told me that this was a probably the game devs need to patch.

Yet nearly half a year has past and nothing!

Do you know how stupid it is to have to remove ALL the mirrors from every home and building in the Sims 4 just so they don't all show everything in reverse (and yes its really annoying). If this effected more users besides owners of the new AMD cards I'm sure Maxis/Devs would be on this but it will begin to effect more users eventually who pick up ANY new AMD card using the new chipsets in the next year or two.

Please please Maxis fix this bug! Its so incredibly annoying and completely makes mirrors un-usable.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Reflections-show-backwards-in-mirrors-Radeon-RX-6800-XT/m-p/10220379/highlight/false#M178820

I even pointed it out in this thread on the official forums, so its been posted about in multiple places.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988855/that-moment-when-you-forgot-its-a-bug-and-the-game-truly-terrifies-you#latest

Comments

• TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    This problem still persists, seriously it completely breaks the games mirrors and effects ALL new AMD cards. Please update! AMD emailed me and said its a developer issue, that would be you Maxis!
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Tex we have bigger issue then not able to look at yourself in the mirror. Eco Living is a hot mess. Then we got the teleport stairs and disappearing plants and it goes on. I'm sure come Sims 5 you will be able look at your face all day and night.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited August 2021
    Tex we have bigger issue then not able to look at yourself in the mirror. Eco Living is a hot mess. Then we got the teleport stairs and disappearing plants and it goes on. I'm sure come Sims 5 you will be able look at your face all day and night.

Its not about looking in the mirror, its about the mirrors surface reflecting EVERYTHING on the opposite side of them ALL the time. So for example you place a mirror in a large room and it will reflect EVERYTHING on the opposite side of the wall ALL the time from any distance.

Mirrors are their own category, which are now literally a game object that is 100% broken, 100% of the time and FYI for BUILDERS it is JUST as important as any of the bugs you mentioned for gameplay.

The biggest difference is its NOT as complicated to fix or replicate. Yes the game has bugs but again this is hard coded broken for EVERY single sim player that buys a new AMD graphics card. Plus there are over 30+ posts now about this bug with more and more people buying new cards on the EA bug forums and who said I was planning on buy the Sims 5 or even want to?

Also honestly there is no reason to come into this topic and be rude.
  • AngelbabyAngelbaby Posts: 1 New Member
    My graphics card is micro star radeon RX 6700. The mirror in the game can't shine normally. Please solve this problem as soon as possible. I can't look in the mirror for a year :'(
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I have a similar problem at the one described by @Bluebeard45 , it started when I bought the Eco Lifestyle pack, at the end of last year. I can't even play in Evergreen Harbor because almost all lots have "reflective" surfaces, I can't even understand what is ground and what is water. It's a mess.
    I didn't have any problems until then.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Hi @TARDISgrade are you having that problem in Live Mode? or only in Build Mode? If only in Build Mode then try going into Build Mode from Live Mode instead of from Manage Worlds, it seems to fix that problem for most people.

gen3-banner.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Its not about looking in the mirror, its about the mirrors surface reflecting EVERYTHING on the opposite side of them ALL the time. So for example you place a mirror in a large room and it will reflect EVERYTHING on the opposite side of the wall ALL the time from any distance.

Mirrors are their own category, which are now literally a game object that is 100% broken, 100% of the time and FYI for BUILDERS it is JUST as important as any of the bugs you mentioned for gameplay.

The biggest difference is its NOT as complicated to fix or replicate. Yes the game has bugs but again this is hard coded broken for EVERY single sim player that buys a new AMD graphics card. Plus there are over 30+ posts now about this bug with more and more people buying new cards on the EA bug forums and who said I was planning on buy the Sims 5 or even want to?

Also honestly there is no reason to come into this topic and be rude.

I think your post is confusing. I think you mean the mirror acts like a window instead of a mirror reflecting what is across from it in a room? Maybe you can get more attention if you explain it is behaving like a window, granted a window with a weird directional view (things not directly behind it are seen) but still a window. Just a thought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.