Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cooking Or Eating Food You Never Had In Real Life From The Sims 4 Game

MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

Hello all:

So, the recent patch finally included a fix for a bug in the Sims 4 game that made sims keep cooking food, but ultimately wasting it.

After play testing it in the game yesterday, it does appear to be fixed. That said, I also couldn’t help but remember when I was once inspired to cook one of the meals listed under the “refrigerator/oven" menu list labeled as, Taco Casserole. I believe the recipe is also on the internet, too. Well, let's just say after making it, I’ll stick to how I usually prepare tacos....

Anyway, now I’m wondering how many of you have been inspired to cook or even try cooking (or eating) something different based on the meals you have seen or learned about while playing the Sims 4 game (or any sim game)? Whether it was from the refrigerator/oven listing or the restaurants, bakeries, cafes, bars, or food stall items from all or any packs. How did it turn out or how did you like it?
Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I haven't ever been inspired to try cooking something from the sims (I honestly hate cooking so being ambitious with recipes is not my thing), but I will say sometimes seeing what my sims eat have given me a craving for certain dishes. I do recall one time that I went out to get sushi for dinner after some of my sims had it for meal haha
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't cook, and I haven't really been inspired to try new things because of what sims eat (that I recall). But there have been times when my sims cooked or bought Bhel Puri or Merguez that I found myself hungry for some similar things.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I did that with TS3. I can't remember exactly what it was though. I think it was a peanut-butter banana sandwich. Whatever it was, it was okay, not impressive enough to make again.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    The only dish I would like to test out is the key lime pie, otherwise I don't find sims food particularly appealing. Also, I am not a good cook and cook out of necessity mostly.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yeah, nothing advanced, I did make BLT’s one time because that is so common in the game. I thought it was okay but the Bacon makes it into a rather large meal to eat. In the game it looks like a small sandwich but it turned into a rather large meal for me...

I have looked up other meals from the game too, the issue is often that I have to buy a lot of ingredients to make them, sims in the game can easily make a meal for one. In real life it’s not so easy.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The only dish I would like to test out is the key lime pie, otherwise I don't find sims food particularly appealing. Also, I am not a good cook and cook out of necessity mostly.

I love key lime pie. It's something many should prepare themselves for - the first bite can bite back. It has a "tang" that a lot of people aren't used to. :D

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    There’s not many recipes from the game I’ve cooked a lot I’ve never heard of. Maybe it’s a cultural thing not coming from the USA/Northern America. The recipes I would like to learn is the behl puri and pasta primavera. The only ones I grew up with are shepherds pie, curry, the roast dinner ones and fish and chips but the latter 2 are nothing like what they are in my country and are the USA version.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Nope. Over the years have learned what works, what doesn't, and stick to that.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

I love key lime pie. It's something many should prepare themselves for - the first bite can bite back. It has a "tang" that a lot of people aren't used to. :D

Now I want some key lime pie. :p
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    I haven’t really been tempted to try any recipe’s from the sims, but occasionally it will temp me to make certain things, puts the thought into my mind.
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, nothing advanced, I did make BLT’s one time because that is so common in the game. I thought it was okay but the Bacon makes it into a rather large meal to eat. In the game it looks like a small sandwich but it turned into a rather large meal for me...

I have looked up other meals from the game too, the issue is often that I have to buy a lot of ingredients to make them, sims in the game can easily make a meal for one. In real life it’s not so easy.
    I cook for one too, so when I cook something it lasts most of the week. And I have been cooking a lot more since the pandemic began. Have to say, it’s saved me some money though!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited May 2021
    I haven’t been inspired to cook new things from the sims, but I have to admit that I do get inspired to cook some of the dishes I like once in awhile, or pick up something similar at a restaurant of drive through...... coney dog, chili, steak, roast beef dinner, Turkey dinner etc. lol!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm already a fairly adventurous eater, but I did order baleada for the first time recently, mostly because of the sims.

And for the record, it was delicious and I have no regrets.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Not with the sims but i did try those New Orleans' sweets from The Princess and the Frog and they were delicious!!
  • channel4simschannel4sims Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I haven't tried anything yet, but I really want to try tacos. It's been on my list for a long time now hah
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    Our Sims need Meatloaf. Not don't go all weirded out on me. Meatloaf is one of those things that generally shows up all over this country. Plus, some dishes are international. It's all in the way it's prepared.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    @MsKatieRose you aren't missing much with taco casserole tbh ;) it's kind of a relic from the USA 1950s casserole craze.

I looked up dango on the internet today, because I felt silly having it in the game without knowing what it was. Minisprite and I love mochi so I bet we'd love these too :)

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    @MsKatieRose you aren't missing much with taco casserole tbh ;) it's kind of a relic from the USA 1950s casserole craze.

I looked up dango on the internet today, because I felt silly having it in the game without knowing what it was. Minisprite and I love mochi so I bet we'd love these too :)

@mightysprite I don't know if you use CC but if so you might like this.

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I haven't ever been inspired to try cooking something from the sims (I honestly hate cooking so being ambitious with recipes is not my thing), but I will say sometimes seeing what my sims eat have given me a craving for certain dishes. I do recall one time that I went out to get sushi for dinner after some of my sims had it for meal haha

I was deciding what to have for lunch one day while playing, and when my sim caught a bass, took it home, and made fish and chips out of it, I was ordering Doordash faster than you can say dag dag.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    It’s prosciutto-wrapped asparagus for me! I really liked how it turned out; gf was not as thrilled though :grimace:
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    A plasma pack would sure hit the spot right now.
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member

Oh yeah, the casserole craze! Though I think it lasted all the way up through the 70's and 80's, too 😁!
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited May 2021
    Really, interesting answers and replies!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited May 2021
    not really :/
    most of the ones i havent tried
    just don't sound delicious to me

but then again I am rather picky eater
    and i tend to also be the type

"always orders same thing after finding out its edible 10 years ago and doesn't even try other things on menu"

that being said i also do the opposite aka
    make my sims eat what sounds edible to me

i know right. how horrible of me.
    no one is getting creepy seafood ever
    just eat your chicken burritos and salads peasants
    X2Os48l.png
    eNliiiS.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    I recently tried chicken saltimboca because I hadn't heard of it. It's surprisingly easy, but I generally don't keep prosciutto or sage around.

I also made pan fried tilapia, which is effectively the same as trout a la meunière, except with the latter you have to brown butter and that can scorch unexpectedly. It's a popular uptown New Orleans dish, in keeping with the NOLA theme of Willow Creek, but that style of restaurant dishes is supposed to be as-if-easy-to-cook-at-home.

There are some dishes that I've developed intense prejudices against because of the recent sim cooking bugs, e.g. grilled fruit and camper's stew. I'm pretty sure if I made those, they'd soon be sitting around in a cloud of green gasses, completely uneaten just like in the sims for the past 6 months.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No thanks. I like a bowl of cereal with crackers for breakfast, tuna sandwiches, crisps and cola for dinner then whatever mam makes for tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top