Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TV channels hints or troll (¬‿¬ )

BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
sooooooo let's talk about those new TV channels from the livestream! Hints or trolling?
The guy fixing up the place was my dream decor pack lol. That's more of what I was hoping this new pack would be. But! I was thinking. If they made this channel with sims 4 sims then doesn't that mean they already have the animations for it? Sooooooo if they already have the animations for it doesn't that mean they could use it to actually bring to the game?

plus the guy with the farming accent!!! Like that was such a tease on farming. No way they made a whole new accent just for a TV channel??
The cars, the meteors and more!!! What do you guys think? :D
Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited May 2021
    I wish that was hint that i can bomb sims houses but i guess not :disappointed:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    lmbo yeah I so want that!!! :D:D
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2021
    As you know! we feel the same and do not understand this decision. It would have been so cool if the package was that way. But since the only thing that interests me are the likes and dislikes, I do not think I will buy this package until it comes out with a discount.

I will leave these images here, in case they are useful.
    Screenshot-2021-05-25-The-Sims-4-Dream-Home-Decorator-Livestream-You-Tube-3.png
    Screenshot-2021-05-25-The-Sims-4-Dream-Home-Decorator-Livestream-You-Tube-2.png
    Screenshot-2021-05-25-The-Sims-4-Dream-Home-Decorator-Livestream-You-Tube-1.png
    Screenshot-2021-05-25-The-Sims-4-Dream-Home-Decorator-Livestream-You-Tube.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited May 2021
    The family "driving away" in a 2D animated car triggered me. Come on Maxis. Don't fake people driving away in cars, add them to the game instead. :D
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The family "driving away" in a 2D animated car triggered me. Come on Maxis. Don't fake people driving away in cars, add them to the game instead. :D

Yes, this was painful. Especially how bad it was animated in there :D I definitely think - trolling at this point.
    Harukotyan wrote: »

Yes, this was painful. Especially how bad it was animated in there :D I definitely think - trolling at this point.

yeah i wish if we ever get cars they do better than that :sweat_smile:

i think its more hint that cars are not around the corner
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    What tv channel? :o
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Justin wrote: »

They announced a new DIY tv channel in the livestream. I'm not sure if you get a skill gain with it, but it show two short cycled videos clips showing a good and terrible renovation. :)
    edited May 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I wish that was hint that i can bomb sims houses but i guess not :disappointed:

Awww, now I have an image of the muppet mad bomber in my head! :D
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Justin wrote: »

Yeah the new tv channels that comes with the nrw pack. They made a point to show them off but instead of using sims 3 scenes as usual it's sims 4!!
    There were cars, a farmer (so it seemed) with an actual farmer accent. Though he sounded exactly like goofy from disney lol. Meteor strikes destorying a house, sims doing what looked like actual construction, spray painting a refrigerator, blowing up things... it just seemed like one big TEASE lol. If you wanna see you can go to the livestream replay on youtube and it starts at the 48min mark

https://youtu.be/LGpVThNHars
    Back on topic, I think they love to torture us.
    edited May 2021

I couldn't resist making a gif of that 2D car.

PjNqy2.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2021

PjNqy2.gif

That car is actually one of the debug cars. It's 3D, not 2D. They did animate it to move though.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

PjNqy2.gif

That car is actually one of the debug cars. It's 3D, not 2D. They did animate it to move though.

It's a 2D picture that they are moving across the screen.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

PjNqy2.gif

The funny thing is that now you can say that in the sims 4 there are cars. Only on TV but there are xD
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

PjNqy2.gif

I disagree. Drawing or screenshotting, cropping and animating a 2D car would be more effort than using stop-motion animation with the debug car in game.

The exploding urn, however, was clearly 2D.
    edited May 2021

PjNqy2.gif

I disagree. Drawing or screenshotting, cropping and animating a 2D car would be more effort than using stop-motion animation with the debug car in game.

The exploding urn, however, was clearly 2D.

And, yet, it looks like that's what they did. Just using the debug car and have it move would have looked better, but they went with a picture of it instead, which is why I thought it looked funny.

k9gnQS5.png
    edited May 2021
    actually it looks a lot like parody of extreme makeover home edition

in that show they always send family away on trip, completely destroy the house and then make some ridiculous as heck house in its place and theres the part where bus/truck moves out of the way for reveal of the place and well usually the family is supposed to be happy but... :sweat_smile:
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The inclusion of the car had to have been deliberate, the devs know we want cars and knew how we would react to seeing that.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2021
    filipomel wrote: »
    The inclusion of the car had to have been deliberate, the devs know we want cars and knew how we would react to seeing that.

And they went out of their way to highlight it in the live stream.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    edited May 2021
    The car was even the second 2D vehicle in the clip. The big truck they had backing in during the first makeover looked very similar, like they were deliberately using/highlighting 'bad driving animation'.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

in that show they always send family away on trip, completely destroy the house and then make some ridiculous as heck house in its place and theres the part where bus/truck moves out of the way for reveal of the place and well usually the family is supposed to be happy but... :sweat_smile:

Oof, I remember being so into that show, and then reading a few years ago about how many families actually lost their homes because the taxes on their beautiful, customized home were just out of control and they couldn't afford to pay for it.

Oof, I remember being so into that show, and then reading a few years ago about how many families actually lost their homes because the taxes on their beautiful, customized home were just out of control and they couldn't afford to pay for it.

yeah as kid good entertainment but once you understand concept of money pretty dang messed up
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    The only hint I’ll allow and acknowledge is one about cars B)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member

yeah as kid good entertainment but once you understand concept of money pretty dang messed up

I remember this show too. I found it annoying how the moderator had yelled all the time, but then I had already wondered how these people, who weren't wealthy and had sick family members (being sick in the usa brings you ruin), could afford the running costs with all the electronics devices and so on, energy is expensive. These houses were huge (for my european eyes), although the one room with universe ceiling was really beautiful.