Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place lots from library

Hello, I have a question.

I'm trying to place a lot from library to an empty 30x30 lot, yet when I try to do it, the purple tag doesn't appear even though it's supposed to be empty and also it's not tagged as a home, but just as an empty lot. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think you have to click on the empty lot before trying to place the lot. Then you should change the lot type to the same type you'll be placing (ex. bar, library...). Only then it will show up when you're placing the lot.
    When you're placing a lot the only empty lots that show up are the ones with the exact same lot type.
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Sometimes there are hidden objects on the lot - what I do when that happens is to take the "hammer" tool and click and hold across the entire lot. Could be a spawner, plant or other object that is causing it to show as a built lot.
  • Options
    LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I think you have to click on the empty lot before trying to place the lot. Then you should change the lot type to the same type you'll be placing (ex. bar, library...). Only then it will show up when you're placing the lot.
    When you're placing a lot the only empty lots that show up are the ones with the exact same lot type.

It's already an empty residential lot.
  • Options
    Sometimes there are hidden objects on the lot - what I do when that happens is to take the "hammer" tool and click and hold across the entire lot. Could be a spawner, plant or other object that is causing it to show as a built lot.

I'll check on that, though I've bulldozed the lot several times to no avail. Thanks!
  • Options
    I've checked the lot with MasterController and there's only two objects namely a mailbox and a trash can. Is it possible it's outside the lot?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Lemontail wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

It's already an empty residential lot.

Sorry, i misread your original post. I can't help but hope you find the solution soon :)
  • Options
    The world the lot is in is Neverglade, if that helps anyway.
  • Options
    Nevermind, it has been solved. Turns out that another household owned the lot partially, so I did some strings to fix it.