Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♂️ [Content] Man lifestyle for The Sims

Comments

• Options
    Incacore_LlamaIncacore_Llama Posts: 22 Member
    There was never a "girl power" pack right? I don't see why some people in the thread talked about men being excluded, excluded from what? Something that doesn't even happen?

I don't see why anything below shaving and so on would be needlessly gendered. Though most of the ideas are pretty good for hobbies.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2021
    Spa Day update : Mens Waxing and Facial Hair Removal (brows, nose, ears, beard)

Recommended for the werewolves

epilat10.jpg

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Spa Day update : Mens Waxing and Facial Hair Removal (brows, nose, ears, beard)

Recommended for the werewolves

epilat10.jpg

Ugh, if only we had werewolves. 🥳
  • Options
    GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    I really do thing the men need more to do, and they don't have as much in CAS as the females (obviously). Main thing is, we need body hair. All males have that. Any kind of male-Sim DLC would be great. Then again, I do want some for both genders in every pack but for at least one, one that has more male than female items.
  • Options
    GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    Correction: I really do think the men need more things to do
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    There was never a "girl power" pack right? I don't see why some people in the thread talked about men being excluded, excluded from what? Something that doesn't even happen?

I don't see why anything below shaving and so on would be needlessly gendered. Though most of the ideas are pretty good for hobbies.
    Besides every pack having double the clothing and hair for female Sims I guess your ignoring that and hobbies for female Sims like that one survey when they mentioned high school cheer leading was a option not football because as usual everything leans towards female Sims. For a game that pretends to be inclusive it does well leaving out activities that half of the population are naturally drawn to doing. The rare time we get any sport related content its horribly done take turns basketball and solo kick a soccer ball where's group activities for male Sims well I guess they can knit together and go to the spa and get their nails done as that in your mind is hobbies men are highly into and not "girl power" at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member

You're right, it doesn't need to be gendered, but so much of the Sims 4 falls into the 'traditionally female' sphere of interests (knitting, going to the spa, romantic garden stuff, etc), so why not include some more 'traditionally male' stuff in the game. Personally I'd love to play a household where the male sim stays home and looks after the kids, and does the shopping, and goes to the spa to relax, and the female sim goes to work in a traditionally male field, plays team sports on the weekend, & tinkers around with cars to relax.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Rowing (Boat ride)

public10.jpg

How about a functional lawn mower to cut my grass, or a leaf blower to blow my leaves, or a snow blower to blow my snow?
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited November 2021
    Cool ideas
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I agree, male sims need more to do. And we need cars and garage clutter.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Yeah, still waiting for the Man Cave Stuff Pack, with new beards, bars, woodworking tables and a pool table as hero object.

I mean, that could work, right? B)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    A little thought for the "Thrill Seeker" sims :
    • Highlining
    • Zorbing
    • Bungee Jumping
    • Ziplining
    • Potholing/caving
    • Canyoning

speleo10.jpg
    court-10.jpg

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I want my sims to fix and pimp their bikes.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I didn't see anything on this list except for the beards and barbers that women don't want or engage in. For example the very organized garage is goals for my house and all the components currently in the garage have all been purchased by me or at my insistence. I happen to love model ships in bottles.

I'd love some of the past greetings from Sims 2 & 3 and Urbz which some are very masculine.
    • Chest Pound
    • High Five
    • Tough Handshake
    • Fake Out
    • Shaka Bra
    • Head Butt
    • Back Slap
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited November 2021
    I love the reasoning behind the idea but the execution needs work to avoid perpetuating stereotypes that limit people unfairly.

Love body hair, pool tables, and motorcycles in my Sims3 game and wish they were in Sims4.

However, anyone can be handy, be interested in vehicles, play pool, mow lawns, and the elaborate performative masculinity in social rituals vary widely by culture, and one culture's performance of masculinity is another culture's performance of looking like an ape and a fool, so we have to recognize these things are a performance, which anyone who has a vested interest in performing masculinity can do: men, women, others. I've heard such wild ideas as wiping one's bum or crossing one's legs being feminine (seriously do some men actually NOT wipe their bums other than those lucky enough to have Japanese toilets?!) and that tells me just how arbitrary ideas of what behaviors are considered masculine or feminine, really are.

So bring on the Gearhead pack, The Dive Bar Pack, the Cycle Gang pack, YES! The Sims4 is, I agree, almost entirely weighted toward hair, clothing, makeup, interior decorating, basically being pretty and making things pretty, and some of us are feeling it's unfair (and it is) to represent that almost to the exclusion of all else.

Hopefully we can talk about different interests without attributing them to only one gender, though.
    Post edited by ignominiusrex on
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited November 2021
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Besides every pack having double the clothing and hair for female Sims I guess your ignoring that and hobbies for female Sims like that one survey when they mentioned high school cheer leading was a option not football because as usual everything leans towards female Sims. For a game that pretends to be inclusive it does well leaving out activities that half of the population are naturally drawn to doing. The rare time we get any sport related content its horribly done take turns basketball and solo kick a soccer ball where's group activities for male Sims well I guess they can knit together and go to the spa and get their nails done as that in your mind is hobbies men are highly into and not "girl power" at all.

I agree on the lameness of the sports in Sims4: basketball and soccer are reduced to playing with yourself, next to someone else though at least you can play horse, with basketball, right? Or is that Sims3 I'm thinking of? But now there's also skiing, snowboarding, and of course you can ice skate, roller skate, go bowling. Military career sims can spar and it's almost, but not quite, as neat as the martial arts in Sims3 because in Sims3, they could do it with each other and you could see that instead of a dust cloud.

The lack of cars and all things related to vehicular travel, including working on them as a hobby, affects sims of all genders in Sims4, and having cars and motorcycles, as well as pool tables (with realistic animations no less!) and arcade cabinets and pinball, make Sims3 the best for having the dream of a Game Cave worthy of the name.

For Sims who want something to do besides makeup and fashion, we do have many interests and hobbies available: tinkering/handiness/upgrading and repairing objects, leading to robotics and rocketry; homebrewing (aka juice fizzing); fabrication and upcycling; gardening leading to advanced botany and genetic experimentation with plants; culinary arts; programming, writing (this leads to an interesting ability that could just save a life); apiculture (aka beekeeping); and cutting-edge food production technologies such as growing lab-cultured meat (gotta love the "massage the meat" action that looks more like beating it but of course they didn't call it that!) or farming insects for food and fuel, and probably other things I've missed.

As for knitting, it's not feminine even if modern US stereotypes consider it so. In cold places, it was/is a traditional survival skill, taught to young children to help out the family need for warm woollens and everyone learned it. Too bad the pack is so pastel, though. Scandinavian knitting is dark, bright, and high contrast.

ETA not saying your point is invalid, as I see it too, that things in Sims4 are slanted so much toward hair/makeup/clothes/decor that it feels unbalanced compared to earlier Sims games.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited November 2021
    I want all these things.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - swordplay that is not tied to acting scenes. It works for sims of all genders too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    New kit out,said it for men but it more like non binary clothes and cc look better. Disappointing
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - swordplay that is not tied to acting scenes. It works for sims of all genders too.

Swordplay doesn’t have to be tied to acting scenes.
    I designate specific fighting spots on my lots e.g. castles and place the swordplay markers there. I played an actor sim only once, but I use these markers all the time! The only downside is the visibility of the marker itself, it’s a cross on the floor, but I can live with that. As long as I can have my fights anywhere I choose.

Screenshot of one of my medieval saves:

Fight01.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited November 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    Diversity usually exclude Men.
    Exactly well unless those men dress like women such as the latest kit.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited November 2021

Swordplay doesn’t have to be tied to acting scenes.
    I designate specific fighting spots on my lots e.g. castles and place the swordplay markers there. I played an actor sim only once, but I use these markers all the time! The only downside is the visibility of the marker itself, it’s a cross on the floor, but I can live with that. As long as I can have my fights anywhere I choose.

Screenshot of one of my medieval saves:

Fight01.jpg

Wow! I was wondering about that the other week, but couldn't find the markers so I stopped wondering and did something else instead. I might have to give it a shot.

I'd still like to see swordplay as an in-game skill. Medieval style swordplay would be my preference but I would be happy with fencing as an alternative.

Also, your pic looks amazing.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.