Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New world in the Dream Home Decorator game pack?

ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
Not sure if any of you remember the last [redacted] hints; Someone was asking players which world they would play if the could only choose one. Frost responded saying [redacted], implying a new world was coming. George than said You know that [redacted/new world] only works if you are playing with [redacted/decorator?] sims and the new [redacted/decorator career?]. Maybe that could be the hint?!
Also, in the trailer we had a bunch of older families like the Goths and the Pancakes appear, but there was a bunch of new families and lots. I'm not sure if the surroundings around those houses are new or not, tho. (One of the houses seems to be an apartment, I don't think they would use previous pack worlds in a new packs trailer).
Or maybe hte new world is only coming in the next expansion pack?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's more like a Decorating Stuff Pack.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    @SERVERFRA I hope that if it only comes with objects and the career, tht=at we have a variety in objects styles. Kinda liek the mansions and gardens stuff pack from Sims 2. Sure, I like contemporary things, but old/vintage/classic stuff is used a lot by designers/decorators to stay in-budget going on thrift shops finding cheaper things for their clients. They also have their charm.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Nah, at the time he said redacted they had known there’s be 3 new things. The kit, GP and an EP. he revealed the kit was what he was referring to in one of his tweets. I’ll bet a new world will come in the EP.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm skeptical. They didn't show a new world in the trailer. And I just looked at the trailer- they just used preexisting houses in old worlds.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    If there is a new world, it'll probably be single neighborhood just like ROM or Vamps. I'm expecting a new world with the expansion though. And IF that redacted tweet was a hint it would've been toward the expansion. The designer works in all worlds, as shown in the trailer. Also the teaser with Nancy, Bob and Penny (I think), all from different places.
    Nah, at the time he said redacted they had known there’s be 3 new things. The kit, GP and an EP. he revealed the kit was what he was referring to in one of his tweets. I’ll bet a new world will come in the EP.

@SelinaKyles the kit doesn't have a new world, it wouldn't make sense for him to answer [redacted] whem the other simguru was asking which world would they choose if they could only play that world for a certain period of time.

@bixters that kinda worries me. A new career isn't big enough for a whole pack, y'know? And the amount of new objects doesn't fill up the rest of the scope of the pack. Unless they didn't show everything in the screenshots and trailer.

@Darkshadow608 I'm kidna attracted to that goth dude who wanted his house to be all black haha I hope they at least add him to the gallery.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

For that reason I hope there is a new world cause everyone won't play the career.
    edited May 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

For that reason I hope there is a new world cause everyone won't play the career.

@catloverplayer I honestly wouldn't be bothered if it was a small world like the one from Vampires/Realm of Magic. I just don't want a reused Willow Creek assets like Newcrest. Maybe another desert one?! Or a small world with 5 apartment buildings? Could be fun!
  • flowersspringflowersspring Posts: 27 Member
    we're not getting a new world with this gp or they would have mentioned it in the description for the pack and they also would have shown off the new world in the trailer. this gamepack is really just a glorified stuff pack.
    Forgeron wrote: »

@Darkshadow608 I'm kidna attracted to that goth dude who wanted his house to be all black haha I hope they at least add him to the gallery.

Yes please!
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I'm excited for this GP, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'd be happy even with a cute, small neighborhood with small apartments (I think they're mentioned in the trailer voiceover?).
    What I'm really hoping for is a Likes/Dislikes system. That would justify this pack being a GP and not a SP, but putting this feature behind a paywll would be controversial at best.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like the pack but i also believe that if a new world was coming they would have mentioned in the blog and/or in the trailer.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    They definitely would have shown it.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm excited for this GP, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'd be happy even with a cute, small neighborhood with small apartments (I think they're mentioned in the trailer voiceover?).

This is what I was hoping too, even a small Forgotten Hollow sized world would be fine.

This pack is attracting a lot of builders (and I believe that was the plan), but most builders would have already re-decorated homes and community lots in their game (personally I don't want to redecorate lots I've already spent hours on :lol: ). So a new and untouched mini world with a handful of new lots in need of a re-vamp seems more than reasonable to me.

Also, I believe all packs are meant to work in the hypothetical that a player has access to only the BG plus the new pack, this would limit the lots that they can decorate in the game compared to someone who can play in all worlds.

In saying that, this isn't a deal breaker for me, I'm excited for this pack, and am going to buy it regardless of whether there is a new world. :smile:

Also, I believe all packs are meant to work in the hypothetical that a player has access to only the BG plus the new pack, this would limit the lots that they can decorate in the game compared to someone who can play in all worlds.

I believe Penny Pizzazz is from city living, and she was showcased in the teaser. So I believe it would influence every household placed in the world or the player has installed. But that's just my take on it. 🤷‍♂️
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No, there is no new world with this Gamepack.

Don't get your hopes up.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

I believe Penny Pizzazz is from city living, and she was showcased in the teaser. So I believe it would influence every household placed in the world or the player has installed. But that's just my take on it. 🤷‍♂️

Oh I understand that, the pack will of course work with any pack you already own. I just meant that some players may only own Dream Home Decorator, so wouldn't get to decorate as many lots as those who own more packs.

I'm sorry I didn't explain very well. :smile:

@rudy8292
    I have a feeling you are right, which is a shame.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't expect a new world, but what I would appreciate as a new feature, is a Real Estate business. The sim running such a business could get paid from upgrading/adjusting/styling existing vacant homes. It could easily be turned into a career, paid per gig or per sale (NPC could buy the house from the RE business without really making the house non-vacant to played sims). A RE business could probably go perfectly with the new home style career features, too.

Always missed a way to easily find vacant homes in the game, and it could be fun needing to visit an office to actually buy the place and "get the keys" :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @Forgeron i know the kit doesn’t have a new world. He referencing the kit in one the tweets. The tweet with the world is probably referencing the EP. they were teasing all kits and packs they knew were coming.
    Why would a world be included in this pack? Aside from the career and BB items it’s incredibly small to include a world, or what? Are they gonna give us a world to fix every single house?
    The world’s coming with the EP
  • polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="Simmerville;c-17886668"]I don't expect a new world, but what I would appreciate as a new feature, is a Real Estate business. The sim running such a business could get paid from upgrading/adjusting/styling existing vacant homes. It could easily be turned into a career, paid per gig or per sale (NPC could buy the house from the RE business without really making the house non-vacant to played sims). A RE business could probably go perfectly with the new home style career features, too.

Always missed a way to easily find vacant homes in the game, and it could be fun needing to visit an office to actually buy the place and "get the keys" :)[/quote]

Oh how I wish this was the case... :( sounds too good to be true
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    It's not likely we're getting a new world with this pack. The redacted hint might be for the upcoming expansion pack. Maybe. Or maybe it was never a hint at all. I really like the new career for this pack, but I have mixed feelings about this pack as a whole. Will it have enough new objects to justify the Game Pack price point? Or are we about to get a Stuff Pack at the Game Pack price? I'm excited for modular sofas, but I'm not really feeling the style of the furniture shown. Is it cool that we're getting separate ovens and cook tops? Sure. Some of the art looks ok, but I don't know. Most of the game changers said the furniture looks like IKEA and that's the most accurate description. Mass produced furniture that has little character to it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ok here's my thought, how about an Artsy Designing Morccean World.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    The original tweet was actually about what world would you play in and what lot would you start on. There's a possibility for a new lot type coming with this GP. I do think it's strange if there's a new world or lot type and they haven't already shown it off though - but they did say 'there is still much to reveal' when they tweeted the trailer. It's possible they're drip-feeding us information, to keep everyone glued to the twitter account and livestreams. Followers=money, after all.
  • skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    I think I'd really enjoy a nasty, grimy world to fix up, full of ramshackle houses and the like (I'm envisioning some of the houses in TS3 Twinbrook, like the swampy ones). Most every other world is so samey, so clean and perfect. It would be an interesting change at least
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    skelebee wrote: »
    I think I'd really enjoy a nasty, grimy world to fix up, full of ramshackle houses and the like (I'm envisioning some of the houses in TS3 Twinbrook, like the swampy ones). Most every other world is so samey, so clean and perfect. It would be an interesting change at least

I'd really enjoy a nasty, grimy world... but I'd never fix it up :lol: I love the suburban street of Del Sol, and wish more worlds had that kind of feel. San Myshuno is so clean for a city.