Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Well, it seems that blaming the victims is a thing now 🤦‍♀️ because ofc there are no bugs in sims 4, we're lying.
    People should really make sure that they removed their mods before updating. I get why she's a little annoyed, but I think she could've worded it a bit different.

Crin is not an authority on bugs.
    They're just some rando who spends too much time on the EA Help page, as far as I know they don't even work for EA.

The bugginess of Dream Home Decorator exists independently of mods, and it's plain dishonest to imply otherwise.

Crin is far from being “some rando” lol she could probably code this game better than the entire dev team put together and has been helping people off her own back FOR YEARS. There are very few issues with ANY sims game that she can’t not fix. And you would not BELIEVE the number of posts I see daily on Reddit “why does my sim/game look like this” and it’s due to not removing mods, or people being lazy and knowing it’s a mod but can’t be bothered to remove them and see. It’s obvious. And it don’t even USE mods lol.

That said, TS4 is a buggy mess and that too, is also obvious. Any person with half a brain can see it. NO pack is going to fix this game now. How much do y’all wanna bet you’re all back here within a day or two of cottage core or whatever it’s called because it’s bugged and you’re bored?

—T

None of which justifies Crin's attitude of "if there's a bug in your game, it MUST be the fault of mods"

I'll say it once more for people in the back. This Game Pack is buggy without mods. Mods CAN cause bugs, but they are not the cause of the VAST majority of Dream Home Decorator's MANY, WELL-DOCUMENTED bugs.
    wJbomAo.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,909 Member
    edited June 2021
    None of which justifies Crin's attitude of "if there's a bug in your game, it MUST be the fault of mods"

And that was never her "attitude" OR the thing she said.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I believe that Crincrit was saying that if you have mods and/or cc in your game and are having issues with bugs in the game, you need to remove them and try the game without them to see if you still have bugs. That way she will only receive reports of actual bugs caused by the game itself so she can concentrate on those issues. Issues with mods and cc need be to dealt with by the creators of the mods and updated with each game. Seems it would make it easier for modders to see which bugs are caused strictly by the game so they know if there is a problem with their mods. I respect the wonderful job that modders do and I am sure they appreciate Crincrit for what she does. If I have an issue with a bug, she is the first place I turn to for answers as she has been doing this for many years and is very knowledgeable. I appreciate that she helps out the community and it is truly a shame that people frustrated with the problems with the bugs is taken out on her.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2021
    I believe that Crincrit was saying that if you have mods and/or cc in your game and are having issues with bugs in the game, you need to remove them and try the game without them to see if you still have bugs. That way she will only receive reports of actual bugs caused by the game itself so she can concentrate on those issues. Issues with mods and cc need be to dealt with by the creators of the mods and updated with each game. Seems it would make it easier for modders to see which bugs are caused strictly by the game so they know if there is a problem with their mods. I respect the wonderful job that modders do and I am sure they appreciate Crincrit for what she does. If I have an issue with a bug, she is the first place I turn to for answers as she has been doing this for many years and is very knowledgeable. I appreciate that she helps out the community and it is truly a shame that people frustrated with the problems with the bugs is taken out on her.

Yeah, she just trying to be helpful, some folks just frustrated right now with Sims 4 and sometimes they do not care who is who or where info coming from, all they want is this game to function as intended so I understand them too. But she should not be blamed as she does not work for them and I am very critical of EA/Maxis saying this. I believe directing my frustration at those who made this game. It is not an matter of every pack having bugs but the timeliness in fixing them for there is no excuse in fixing bugs that take months to fix for me.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

And that was never her "attitude" OR the thing she said.

She could have certainly worded it differently.
    He/Him
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    I think one of the most confusing things with the career is that there is nothing you can do in between gigs to increase your skills in home decorating. So, basically you're just killing time between gigs, unless your Sim has some super exciting aspiration or hobby.

I also find the instructions from the hiring Sim when you arrive to a gig at best rudimentary. How am I suppose to decorate when all they do is tell me they hate skiing, singing and fishing? Where in any house build would I even think of putting a fishing hole? In the bathroom? Oh, no, they don't like skiing? Too bad, I'm putting a ski slope in the kitchen. Bahahah!

ha ha has pricelesws
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    That I've yet to be able to play it. I'm so frustrated and tired from work that I haven't had a chance to do much of anything. I hate being short handed at work causing me to have to be on call every 2 weeks for 2 weeks straight.

I bought this pack a couple days after it came out and have yet to be able play... 😒
    WbUrFQm.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well, after a long break I am thinking of continuing playing.
    ...Seems I will save a lot of money since none of the new packs (of any size) after Supernatural are worth getting. AND buggy, to boot.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    A Game Pack is a mini EP focused on a theme.
    Moschino Stuff could be a Game Pack, it's a pack with a freelance career but they prefer to neglect the Photographer again.

They tried to put the Home Decorator career at the same level as an Active career from EP01 Get To Work.
    But Paranormal Stuff added a gameplay + a career, so a Stuff Pack could do the job.

I'm not sure if the careers should be Game Packs because I like to use the gameplay in my sims everyday life outside of the Pack theme.
    A stuff pack wouldn’t have given us all those modular shelving units which I love.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Has anyone in the sims team even acknowledged the bugs yet? It's been a month now and no hotfix or patch for all the issues with the pack, and they seem to be totally ignoring it and just trying to distract everyone with 50 other things which will probably be broken as well.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    well said @crinrict

I consider you to be one of the heroes of our sims community as you have always dedicated your own time to testing and helping players with their game problems spanning many years over at least 2 sims series and for that I would like to thank you for all your ongoing dedication and hard work to our favorite game :)
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    I wasn't going to post anything in here but I see this discussion is still going on after what now 3 weeks ?

I think most people here have only read bits of my actual tweet and not the entire one which you might think I'm blaming mods for bugs. I don't. But we all agree that there wouldn't be the need for Luth broken mod thread each time there's a patch if there weren't mods causing problems, right ?

Anyways, to clarify. my tweet was about one thing only: People saying they removed mods when they didn't. It wasn't about using mods and it wasn't about out-right refusing to remove them (I can deal with those by just ignoring the report). It's also not about people not being aware that they also need to delete their localthumbcache file or that depending on the issue, mod caused issues can stick on the save even after removing them. It's about those people that claim to have done what you have asked them to do while not doing it.

The conversation on these threads is usually the same: They either put never or no, I removed them now in the bug form. So I assume, it's tested on no mods. Sometimes I asked if I need to be sure and am still told, yes, I removed everything and tried on vanilla. Then troubleshooting later someone else comes in and says: Hey, I had this too and it was this and that mod .. suddenly oh wonder, the OP is actually still using that mod, didn't bother to taking it out. By that time, they have wasted at least the time of 3 people.
    1. Some EA tester that probably has picked up the report and has been trying to duplicate it
    2. Their own
    3. Mine

So, I say it again: I have nothing against mods, I don't blame mods for all bugs but there are bugs that are caused by mods and the faster we can eliminate those, the faster a) EA can go back to fixing the actual bugs b) the modder can be made aware of it and fix it themselves.

I want to thank everyone for their nice words in defending me on this and I suggest that upset people read the entire tweet thread and not just bits and pieces. Tweets taken out of context (I think everyone is aware that there's a limit of how much you can put in one tweet) may sound like they say something else than they actually do so always make sure you get the whole context.

Here's the whole thread for those that want to re-read it (click to see all 4 parts - it's 4 not two as I initially thought it would be):

Could I have worded this more friendly ? Maybe, but I spend a lot of time testing saves from people, trying to replicate issues so being told. yes I removed my mods only to see that they have not when they send me their save is really really frustrating. I love to help but I don't like being lied to cause it makes me doubt people that actually tell the truth.

I really like crash logs/last Exceptions or when a console player pops into a bug report cause these are black on white proves if someone has mods in their game or not.

/crin out
    @crinrict you are always very helpful. 👍

Thanks for sharing. You don’t realise what others have to do when fixing bugs. That was good to share.

It must super annoying when people say they removed mods but then haven’t. Does the save file show which mods? Are there mods that crash more than others?

It isn’t always easy to word things nicely but I don’t think you were rude.

When we get a new patch update mods are disabled. Would it be possible to keep them off until it’s confirmed it’s compatible? That way people can’t just turn them back on.

I only have 3 mods and they’re disabled since the May patch. (Chest hair, dining room and bathroom stuff)

I’m waiting until the summer of updates are over before checking them.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you :D

@ncisGibbs02 I don't want to derail this thread too much but no, I don't see which mods they use with a few exceptions: If they sent me their whole saves folder and there's files from certain mods in there, then I'm pretty sure that Never used mods, wasn't the right answer. Same with when I load the save and get tons of stuff removed messages. Also, if I can't duplicate the issue following the steps given, then it's usually also a giveaway that they didn't remove stuff. They might have and I'm just not trying the right way of course and I'm not saying it's always the case but there have been enough examples where folks then admit via PM that they have not removed stuff cause they thought that and that mod/cc can't be responsible.

I personally don't fully trust the turning off to always work correctly. Since you should also delete the localthumbcache cause that can have stuff cached, it's not 100% reliable. Fresh folder approach is always best to test an issue on a modless game.

This whole discussion is for another thread though :D
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited June 2021
    crinrict wrote: »
    I wasn't going to post anything in here but I see this discussion is still going on after what now 3 weeks ?

I think most people here have only read bits of my actual tweet and not the entire one which you might think I'm blaming mods for bugs. I don't. But we all agree that there wouldn't be the need for Luth broken mod thread each time there's a patch if there weren't mods causing problems, right ?

Anyways, to clarify. my tweet was about one thing only: People saying they removed mods when they didn't. It wasn't about using mods and it wasn't about out-right refusing to remove them (I can deal with those by just ignoring the report). It's also not about people not being aware that they also need to delete their localthumbcache file or that depending on the issue, mod caused issues can stick on the save even after removing them. It's about those people that claim to have done what you have asked them to do while not doing it.

The conversation on these threads is usually the same: They either put never or no, I removed them now in the bug form. So I assume, it's tested on no mods. Sometimes I asked if I need to be sure and am still told, yes, I removed everything and tried on vanilla. Then troubleshooting later someone else comes in and says: Hey, I had this too and it was this and that mod .. suddenly oh wonder, the OP is actually still using that mod, didn't bother to taking it out. By that time, they have wasted at least the time of 3 people.
    1. Some EA tester that probably has picked up the report and has been trying to duplicate it
    2. Their own
    3. Mine

So, I say it again: I have nothing against mods, I don't blame mods for all bugs but there are bugs that are caused by mods and the faster we can eliminate those, the faster a) EA can go back to fixing the actual bugs b) the modder can be made aware of it and fix it themselves.

I want to thank everyone for their nice words in defending me on this and I suggest that upset people read the entire tweet thread and not just bits and pieces. Tweets taken out of context (I think everyone is aware that there's a limit of how much you can put in one tweet) may sound like they say something else than they actually do so always make sure you get the whole context.

Here's the whole thread for those that want to re-read it (click to see all 4 parts - it's 4 not two as I initially thought it would be):

Could I have worded this more friendly ? Maybe, but I spend a lot of time testing saves from people, trying to replicate issues so being told. yes I removed my mods only to see that they have not when they send me their save is really really frustrating. I love to help but I don't like being lied to cause it makes me doubt people that actually tell the truth.

I really like crash logs/last Exceptions or when a console player pops into a bug report cause these are black on white proves if someone has mods in their game or not.

/crin out

It must be frustrating when things like that happens. I don't know why people would just knowingly lie about it. I'd say most people aren't sure what they are doing or thought they removed the mods but didn't. That's happened to me before.
    He/Him
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Maybe pay the folks who test the games more that $13/hour.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »

It's all a bit sloppy isn't it? When a new car is built it's tested to destruction to find out any bugs in it before deemed to be safe on the road but computer games? You get the first, tested to destruction with hundreds of testers like The Sims was (see its' credits roll) and then everything gets lazier and lazier as new iterations come out. Probably as testers don't get enough to bother much or programmers get sacked or leave before they finish their projects.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Its the randomness that gets me. You never know if you will get a bugged gig or not, or how the clients will react.
    My current decorator sim seems to get 0 simoleons regularly for her designs. My last one was for the Pancakes who gave me no clues at all so I just gave them a lovely neutral modern level using the new furniture.....they absolutely hated it! When I checked their dislikes they didnt have any...so surely it just shouldnt of been to their tastes but I would still get paid? Nope....apparently Eliza is a stingy cow.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »

Technically that would be illegal since the minimum wage is $14 in California. Crincrict is a volunteer.

Either way, these are definitely dubious practices. Not that other gaming companies are much better...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    That's not even minimum wage anymore. Do they think it's still the year 2000? Plus, that's illegal.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2021
    You make EA Help enjoyable @crinrict and honestly you are one of the sweetest people ever. You have been very helpful to playtesters too with our bug reports. What got frustrating with the Sims 3 too when people say they had bugs, they never mention if they use cheats, mods, CC, store content which all contribute to bugs too or if their computers even met minimum base game specs which a lot didn't.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That's not even minimum wage anymore. Do they think it's still the year 2000? Plus, that's illegal.
    Depends on the state law, in Oregon it is currently $12 a hour and about to raise to $12.75 a hour. Wyoming and Georgia it is the lowest at $5.15.
    https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage/state
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Wow, Americian are cheap with their minimum wage.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wow, Americian are cheap with their minimum wage.

Minimum wage is highly dependent on the cost of living. Some places are not that expensive to live, so there is no reason to disrupt the economy by paying out more in those areas.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I assume that EA doesn't care of this Game Pack, but I have to say that the swatches are terrible. Plastic patterns, weird colour choice, pastel kitchens ect. I totally can not understand why we are limited only to 12, weird swatches. The most of counters have only white or black tops, but sometimes 2 odd colours on the other parts (green fronts + dark brown elements + black top), couches have no grey variant (why???)