Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    What could be interesting for me is if my Sim could buy this service, Home Decorator. Tell them what I want, pay them and after a few Sim days of building chaos, to see what the result would be. It could be all from very bad to very good.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    :26
    Columns behind the counters is something I’ve been wanting to do for so long now
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    One thing I did like is that they included Iggy, but also showed that Bob and Eliza are still a horrible couple. The Gallery version of them implied that things were hunky-dory with Iggy around, but it's good to see that things aren't all better. But there seems to be progress; the couple aren't sharing a bed, but at least they're in the same room now.

my poor bob
    I rescued him before Iggy was made so i keep wondering if i should still make Iggy happen but also like i can't do that to poor bob that is trying to live good life in his new family
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    One thing I did like is that they included Iggy, but also showed that Bob and Eliza are still a horrible couple. The Gallery version of them implied that things were hunky-dory with Iggy around, but it's good to see that things aren't all better. But there seems to be progress; the couple aren't sharing a bed, but at least they're in the same room now.

my poor bob
    I rescued him before Iggy was made so i keep wondering if i should still make Iggy happen but also like i can't do that to poor bob that is trying to live good life in his new family
    Let him have Iggy. Even if it means Bob has to share custody with Eliza, Iggy deserves a good life with a good family.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    They can lie down on the new sofas 🤩🤩🤩
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Also is it just me or does the majority of the furniture look much the same as stuff that's already in game?

Like all of this stuff looks like Tiny Living
    more-lame.png
    That's literally the tiny living bunk bed from sims mobile??
    lame.png
    That chair is literally the murphy bed couch as a single chair
    tiny-living-who.png

This set reminds me a lot of Cool Kitchen
    even-more-lame.png
    original.jpg

This stuff just looks like Eco Lifestyle
    yawn-boring.png

It's just so disappointing because I feel like there's nothing innovative or new here. For a building pack they could've atleast added new styles but instead it's just the same old tired mid century aesthetic we've had time and time again in this game since the base. Half the furniture in this game is this mid century modern style and it's just so boring at this point. Like give us something new for once?? :s
    also is it just me or were the " failed" designs the best part of trailer cause i swear that was literal art and this trailer girl can get out if she cant appreciate it
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Some nice furniture, decorations and clutter items and maybe Cas too, but I'm left with a burning question.... Why is this not a stuff pack? There is no new gameplay.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    Some nice furniture, decorations and clutter items and maybe Cas too, but I'm left with a burning question.... Why is this not a stuff pack? There is no new gameplay.

BINGO. It's just glorified Build Mode, except you get paid for it. And Preferences will likely be Base Game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It reminds me ecoliving as in giving simmers a lot of random things they wanted put together. I'm still happy to see so many happy simmers! Lol it's rare🤣
    But so far based on what I saw this one is not for me😳
    I'm interested to learn more but I might skip this. No big deal cause I'm still having fun with current packs. Hopefully the EP is a better fit for me.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I like the idea of this pack even though I'm not that into the furniture style they've chosen for it.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    also is it just me or were the " failed" designs the best part of trailer cause i swear that was literal art and this trailer girl can get out if she cant appreciate it

She completely destroyed the Goth's house tho, but at least Alexander will get a proper bedroom I guess.

Is it just me or were some of the decorative choice changes much worse that the original design?
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited May 2021
    Also, since we're going to spend more time than ever in B/B mode with this GP... I'm definitely downloading TS1/TS2 B/B musics' mod :D
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    I already knew this wasn’t a pack I was going to love. However, it’s a cool pack if you accept it as a BB. That’s all there really seems to be with little to know gameplay.

Paranormal had way more for a stuff pack & I don’t understand why this wasn’t just a stuff pack either?

I’m happy for everyone who is looking forward to this but I’m not a fan of the furniture tbh. I was hoping for more dark hues, maybe even flipping ugly houses with rats, roaches etc to beautiful homes. For a gamepack, there could of been more. But so far this seems like a stuff pack.

I’ll probably still buy it because there are some things I did like. I’m looking forward to the livestream to hopefully show me more then what the trailer showed me. Also, why do I feel like the voice overs are talking down on me? Like I can’t understand what’s going on? Lol
    edited May 2021
    I'm still happy to see so many happy simmers! Lol it's rare🤣
    I'm interested to learn more but I might skip this. No big deal cause I'm still having fun with current packs. Hopefully the EP is a better fit for me.

You're a good person and you're right, I'm still enjoying Supernatural and there is the EP.

I'd really like to hear more about your apocalypse gameplay. :)
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »

She completely destroyed the Goth's house tho, but at least Alexander will get a proper bedroom I guess.

ikr i was so sad when i saw the result like noooooooooooo

but thats probably cause goth houses are what i build 99% of the time :sweat_smile:
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    The BB looks quite nice, even if we already have some furniture in that style. I'm not sure if I have much use for the gameplay aspect. I don't want to change all the premades houses. I will wait to see more info about the gameplay aspects. When I look at previous GP I have a feeling there has got to be more than one active careers and some furniture.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Also, why do I feel like the voice overs are talking down on me? Like I can’t understand what’s going on? Lol

Because she is talking in that fake "oh I'm so perfect, everything I do is perfect, even my mistakes are perfect, you want to be me" sales pitch voice. I don't understand why they feel that they need to include english in the trailers and talk, especially in this salesperson manner. Very off-putting.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    This looks great!

I've been getting into building lately and this will provide some fun challenges (plus we may be getting preferences which would be amazing!). Also, the Ikea look is very versatile and will fit well with a variety of other packs.

As an aside, I think this pack mainly exists so they could give us a lot of the BB objects people have been asking for that may not have otherwise fit anywhere else.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Sim preferences
    Built-in ovens with a useable surface above
    Separate place-able hob
    Some kind of brownie oven thing
    Sectional sofas
    Modular shelving
    Indoor mega-cool toddler tent thing
    Maybe 5 new bunkbed designs
    A lot of extra BB stuff

There was a lot of cool looking stuff that I really did like. But, at the moment, that is all it looks like. Stuff.

I will be fairly gutted if there is no new world. But it's not likely if they didn't show it off. I'm just comparing it in my mind with things like Strangerville, Magic Realm, Vampires etc. It doesn't seem comparative.
    Also, why do I feel like the voice overs are talking down on me? Like I can’t understand what’s going on? Lol

Because she is talking in that fake "oh I'm so perfect, everything I do is perfect, even my mistakes are perfect, you want to be me" sales pitch voice. I don't understand why they feel that they need to include english in the trailers and talk, especially in this salesperson manner. Very off-putting.
    I don’t really mind them speaking in the trailer, the only think I thought felt out of place was her backstory. I don’t like sympathy grabs IRL and I don’t want them in here. It felt really irrelevant.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member

I don’t really mind them speaking in the trailer, the only think I thought felt out of place was her backstory. I don’t like sympathy grabs IRL and I don’t want them in here. It felt really irrelevant.

They’re marketing for that woke culture.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Same. I think the two styles are very similar, it would have been nice to have a more classic one. Also if those counters and cabinets don't come in plain black and white swatches (ideally with metal handles for the kitchen counters) I think I'm gonna cry.
    haneul wrote: »
    I like the idea of this pack even though I'm not that into the furniture style they've chosen for it.

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm really hoping this isn't the only GP we're getting this year. :neutral:

I mean, I'm glad it's being offered for those who want it, but as it stands right now, I really don't have much interest in it at all. There may be some cute CAS items and premades. And the preferences feature seems cool, but other than that, this pack seems... kind of dull? I don't know, I may buy it at 50% off at some point, but right now it's one of my least wanted packs.

Holding out hope for an occult related GP in the fall. Fingers crossed.