Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking Creatives? GP 10 Dream Home Decorator

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Watching the trailer again, it does feel like item-wise, it basically has the content of two stuff packs (which would cost like a game pack anyway) with barely any new gameplay additions, just a lot of stuff.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I am the non-majority here and I am 100% A-OK with that!!

I find TS4 game play extremely boring for me, because I prefer for my sims to tell/show me what they want to happen in their lives. I'm not creative in my own mind about imagining stories in my head and TS4 just doesn't do that for me.

I get bored ... a LOT in live mode.

So anything that encourages me to actually "play" the game while keeping me interested is a win/win for me.

The furniture style most definitely reminds me of tiny living for sure, but I'm ok with that too because it can be incorporated easily and since the aesthetics from that pack is my favorite, another plus in my books!

So yeah .... I'm really excited for this pack (1st one I have been stoked for since 2017 & 2018 when C&D, Seasons, and Parenthood were released). The other packs I bought but were definitely not "must haves" for me.

For all the people disappointed in the pack, just remember some of us (ok, probably a lot more than "some") were extremely disappointed in the fact JtB was a game pack.

So, I personally would take this type of pack over that type of pack, every day of the week because this pack may not have much game play but it does have a lot of objects to decorate your house, and I'm a visual person when I play. JtB offered absolutely NOTHING to me for my personal decorating style.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm really hoping this isn't the only GP we're getting this year. :neutral:

I mean, I'm glad it's being offered for those who want it, but as it stands right now, I really don't have much interest in it at all. There may be some cute CAS items and premades. And the preferences feature seems cool, but other than that, this pack seems... kind of dull? I don't know, I may buy it at 50% off at some point, but right now it's one of my least wanted packs.

Holding out hope for an occult related GP in the fall. Fingers crossed.

Now you know how a lot of us felt last year, when the only game pack that came in 2020 was ........ Star Wars! LOL
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I'm really hoping that toaster oven looking thing is a smaller cupcake machine, been waiting forever as so many others have and if we can make pizza in it too that would be a plus. <3
    justlurking.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Pizza could be nice !! This looks just like the mini-oven I bought for my studio because there wasn't one, and there's no space for a regular sized built in one.
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I'm really hoping that toaster oven looking thing is a smaller cupcake machine, been waiting forever as so many others have and if we can make pizza in it too that would be a plus. <3

Dianesims wrote: »
    Pizza could be nice !! This looks just like the mini-oven I bought for my studio because there wasn't one, and there's no space for a regular sized built in one.

Pizza would be awesome but one can hope my Bakers don't have room for that Huge Cupcake Machine ;)
    justlurking.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    That would be great if it's a small baking oven. Though I'd also like a pizza oven too, that was one of my fave items in TS3.
    That would be great if it's a small baking oven. Though I'd also like a pizza oven too, that was one of my fave items in TS3.

I love the pizza oven in TS3 had one in every household I played in o:) But we really need a smaller baking oven fingers crossed elanorbreton,
    justlurking.gif
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

This may be one of those cross-cultural things because I just found out today that what I call a Toaster Oven (which is basically a mini oven) is called a Pizza oven in other areas, and when I think Pizza oven, I think a specialized short, hight temperature oven with a narrow slot that's more or less only good for cooking flatbreads and pizza.

Because what I'm seeing in those shots, I'd call a Toaster Oven.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    Man, that looks so utterly boring.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be something in this pack I like. So far, every pack has had something to make it worth getting

For me, an Inerior Designer Career won't be it ... unless I can do it like the old Monster House makeover show on Discovery.

My secret vice in life was/is Hotel Impossible. I could never get into liking watching home remodels, but something about that show makes me want to watch it and seeing what the rooms turn out like.

(oh dear, I guess it's not a secret vice anymore if I mentioned it. :# )
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited May 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    ...Because what I'm seeing in those shots, I'd call a Toaster Oven.
    @DaWaterRat That's what we call it too. Tamayto--Tomawto, let's hope it's functional! :D
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Well, it isn't terrible, but also not something I am really all that excited to have, guess I will wait to see what other people think of it and do with it before I make up my mind. Don't think it will be a day one purchase though.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm really hoping this isn't the only GP we're getting this year. :neutral:

I mean, I'm glad it's being offered for those who want it, but as it stands right now, I really don't have much interest in it at all. There may be some cute CAS items and premades. And the preferences feature seems cool, but other than that, this pack seems... kind of dull? I don't know, I may buy it at 50% off at some point, but right now it's one of my least wanted packs.

Holding out hope for an occult related GP in the fall. Fingers crossed.

Now you know how a lot of us felt last year, when the only game pack that came in 2020 was ........ Star Wars! LOL

LOL. Well to be fair, I wasn't super hyped about the Star Wars one either at first.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    The blog mentions things simmers wanted like built-in appliances, sectional sofas (and modular shelving). I don't really know yet what to make of the mention of favourite colors etc - especially in light of the new slot in CAS - but I am interested in finding out.

It seems that they have included a lot of things that people wanted for ages and included things that you could only get via CC so far, like shoes and walk in closet.

You can already build a Walk In Closet. Made this just now without using any CC, DLC, moveobjects, OR talent. :lol: And there's better stuff in packs, especially Laundry Day, and better with moveobjects too, but I was trying to keep this nude. And yeah, I'm no builder, but I wanted to show it can be done. Now. Base Game. EVEN BY ME!

51191444872_3aea30ac64_m.jpg
    51191444867_c0bf92caa2_m.jpg
    51192368453_cdeb009239_m.jpg
    51192151881_63d9ac04d3_m.jpg

Anyway, I like that we're getting likes and dislikes, but only if they're not JUST in play for these missions. And I'm hoping they're going to be a BG addition.

Some of the furniture is kind of cute but as others have said, also kind of cheap looking. I might use it, but I have other low-rent furniture so meh. The toaster oven/air-fryer thing is pretty cool. My Sims could make frozen pizza and be as lazy as I am about cooking irl. That's heartwarming.

But wait! Who is that foxy, long-haired rocker dude in the trailer! Was that Vince Neil from Motley Crue?! OMG! He's lost SO MUCH weight! Lookin' good at 60 Vince! <3

Otherwise, yeah, still pretty underwhelmed. But we'll see what all it has to offer? There has to be more. Right? I mean, Courtyard Oasis has as much stuff for 1/4 of the price. I do not see myself playing that career, so I'm not counting that. But I'm guessing there must be a gameplay aspect, or world, or something they're not touching on yet? I don't know. But maybe there is still something to reveal? Otherwise, yeah, I can save a few more bucks. Yay!

I figured it up, I have bought about 1/3 of the DLC offered, there are a few Packs I'm still on the fence about, (Packs where some things sound good, but other things sound horrible) but I have everything I wanted. So that means I only have to like 1 in 3 releases and I like Courtyard Oasis. :lol:
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Is there a trailer for this
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Is there a trailer for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvGI0HoFP8
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    But we already do this whenever we go into build/buy mode. Assuming it works as advertised, I don't need a sim to tell me what to put into a room I'm designing. Seems like much ado about nothing.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    But we already do this whenever we go into build/buy mode. Assuming it works as advertised, I don't need a sim to tell me what to put into a room I'm designing. Seems like much ado about nothing.

You don't have to play the career. I am curious about the likes and preferences they mentioned, hope they affect gameplay outside of the decorator career as well.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

You don't have to play the career. I am curious about the likes and preferences they mentioned, hope they affect gameplay outside of the decorator career as well.

My guess is that they won't go beyond interior design preferences and that's it. I'd love to be wrong but I think they'll probably be like ts3 one where it was completely randomized with the job. I'm a little worried we might just get the same hand full of jobs over and over again as well. It has the potential to get real repetitive real quick.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

The new GP may introduce a new bug that will have us all laugh our pants off? 🤭

I was looking at some of the texts and pictures on these tweets..... I sure like the way these sofa’s snap together.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited May 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

This makes me wonder if the sectional sofa will be exclusive to the new GP or will they give a basic version to the base game and more variety in the GP (like the lounge chairs in IL and ladders in EL, we got one base game version just before the pack)

Edit : just saw the trailer again and it looks like there are separate stoves and cooking tops in the kitchens they show. Maybe we can finally slot them into any counter. :grin:
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am interested to know more about this new appliance. Hope it can make pizza.

Looks like an Air Fryer Oven, and they cook everything.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2021
    I know right ? I’ve been hoping for a smaller cupcake making device too (ideally a kitchenaid like robot).

SimguruNinja did say on Twitter that it’s an oven, he didn’t specify what you can cook in it though.

Dianesims wrote: »

Pizza would be awesome but one can hope my Bakers don't have room for that Huge Cupcake Machine ;)

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 2021

Sectional sofas are most likely tied to the game pack, the two gurus who posted sofa pics hashtag the pack.
    Those curves tho 😁