Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Line-Up Announced

Comments

• Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Wishful thinking: "Rock out" makes me think of bands.
    Guessing: Ride the Wave, swimming related update for base game?
    A puzzle: "Bong with Nature" sounds more like wild nature, than farming, but maybe?
    Would never guess that courtyard and child would mean Moroccan style courtyard.

It says “courtyard and chill” it’s just a Netflix and chill joke.

Ι κnow! :) but it also tells the theme of the kit (that we know of)
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    If they don’t want us to get all worked up, maybe they should clearly say what’s coming ? What would it change if we knew the theme of the GP and EP now ?

True! Maybe they want to avoid building up months long expectations for a particular theme. The focus is more on the speculation part now.
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    Call me a party pooper, but whenever I see a company mention celebrating Pride I get really nervous. There's a lot of ways for that to go wrong...
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    No occults or generations... :s

Also what does "virtual block party" and "rock out at the sims event at the summer" even mean. The game isn't online so how exactly can there be virtual party events

Twitch, I guess.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited May 2021
    Bond with nature... We already have Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Island Living (conservationist), Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape (snowboarding, rock climbing), etc.

I'm not saying nature is a bad thing but I feel like it's covered...

I'm interested in what they're doing for a Pride event and whatever the biggest Sims event of the summer is. I'm not getting my hopes up too high though haha
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I see that SimGuruNinja has some wall swatches from the latest kit on his Twitter feed heading
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    L00NYL0V3 wrote: »
    Call me a party pooper, but whenever I see a company mention celebrating Pride I get really nervous. There's a lot of ways for that to go wrong...

I wouldn't be too nervous with The Sims. It's the companies that never really mention the LGBTQ+ community then release a line of product for Pride to make a profit off it that you need to be careful of. I don't expect The Sims to do anything huge but I do think it's great they have a genuine connection to LGBTQ+ players with the collaboration with It Gets Better last year releasing a few CAS items as well as breaking down the clothing barriers in CAS.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well I'm hoping my first thought around the "Bond with Nature" EP isn't true!

Because my very first thought when I read that is it's EL 2.0.
    My first thought was another location-based pack that most will play once and forget about. Really hope it's not the case.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    Even when they say they’re going to be more forthcoming with information, they still can’t resist using hints instead of just stating exactly which pack themes are coming next smh.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I hope that whatever "bond with nature is", it'll include body hair in a free patch.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

An interesting summer.
    • A courtyard Kit.
    • A Gamepack which I really hope is music related...🙏🏼
    • A Charming Treehugger EP. (If your sims look after the forest they may find the fairy realm...🤔 )
    • 3 waves of Basegame updates. I hope they’re big waves! Not small miserable ones.
    • 1 virtual Pride Parade.
    • 1 event for mad folks like me. Because it includes the words “rock out”. I love rocking out.

• Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Anyone notice the images of sims swimming in the back? I wonder if that makes any of the packs or updates water related. Or they simply chose it because of summer

I’m hoping we get swimming in all worlds. I would be so excited for my mersim
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The EP may be about fairies.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Hmm... From these hints i'm getting something music related maybe bands? Maybe swimming in the ocean in all worlds? Also the bond with nature one gives me more of a fairy vibe than farming. I wouldn't rule out farming though.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    A puzzle: "Bong with Nature" sounds more like wild nature, than farming, but maybe?
    Would never guess that courtyard and chill would mean Moroccan style courtyard.

Hmm, Bong with nature sounds pretty good to me. :lol:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I don't know why everyone is so bummed about generations. The team acknowledged in a livestream that they know people are asking for it and that they would let us know more when it becomes more "real" I believe they said. So my understanding of that is that they are working on it but it's not coming "soon"
    But they are very aware of how much people want it.

I guess it's because it's been so many years and Generations is something people have wanted since the start xD and it's starting to feel kinda end-game now so every time there's a hint towards a new pack, and it turns out to not be Generations, it's a little bit of a let down. Honestly, it just adds more fuel to the fire that they've acknowledged that people want it because now we know it might be coming, but not WHEN lol. I'm stoked if it's farming for the people who want farming, but for myself and my fellow Generation lovers, I'm bummed out for us
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    One career in a whole game pack? That's both worrying and intriguing. Maybe we will get a career that actually have some depth to it.

"Bond with nature" doesn't sound like something I would be interested in, I don't think it's farms, but we will see.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    An interesting summer.
    • A courtyard Kit.
    • A Gamepack which I really hope is music related...🙏🏼
    • A Charming Treehugger EP. (If your sims look after the forest they may find the fairy realm...🤔 )
    • 3 waves of Basegame updates. I hope they’re big waves! Not small miserable ones.
    • 1 virtual Pride Parade.
    • 1 event for mad folks like me. Because it includes the words “rock out”. I love rocking out.

PLEASE NO. Eco Lifestyle was treehugger enough, let's not ruin fairies by making them treehuggers. Barf.

Fairies should be based in fantasy and mythology, not in some pseudo-environmentalist nonsense.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I'm excited about everything! It's been a while. I'm not expecting any packs so whatever they come up with is going to be a surprise to me.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited May 2021
    I personally don't get a "farming vibe" out of how they worded the "Bond with Nature" description. Which makes me emo, but then again, I didn't really expect it to be, so I'm not too disappointed.

It could very well be fairies tho, because it specifically stated "charming", and cute little fairy sprites not only have nature-ish things they use to make their houses/furniture, but they can be charming too, so that would not surprise me at all if it turns out to be that.

I am leaning towards the GP to be some music related type pack, because of the fact you can get a new career.
    I agree with you, I don't get farming vibes at all. Fairies are a possibility though.

But the "rock out" is not connected to the GP, so the GP could be basically anything "cool".
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I wonder if the pride event will correspond with one of the base game updates. It's possible they are adding an attraction system or maybe some gender neutral/non-binary options for your sim's identity. I'm not sure.

I also don't know if the pictures are a hint. If so, there is snorkeling and the main girl in the bathing suit. Perhaps they've been working to update swimming or giving us an actual underwater world for our mermaids and better diving. I do hope one of the base game updates is making it possible to swim in all large bodies of water. The picture on the left looks like it represents the block party, but it also kind of looks like they're watching something together, so maybe it is pointing to bands in the GP. I wouldn't totally rule out farming because you can bond with nature by farming, but I do think it could be fairies as well. I'm not a big fan of fairies, so I'd be a bit disappointed if that was the case, but I would be happy for our occult players.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Would never guess that courtyard and chill would mean Moroccan style courtyard.

Hmm, Bong with nature sounds pretty good to me. :lol:

LOL, only noticed now (leaving as is!)
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Anyone notice the images of sims swimming in the back? I wonder if that makes any of the packs or updates water related. Or they simply chose it because of summer

Considering that hairstyle and the fence in the very background, isn't that some still from Island Living?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021
    Bond with nature........... fairies? Nani?!?
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif