Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I would also let them live in Sulani but I want to explore that world with a new family instead one I already have. I'm weird that way. XD

Haha makes sense. And I love San Myshuno so <3
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I've turned the audio off in-game and started listening to audiobooks and podcasts while playing. (currently listening to the unabridged Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon.)

I do that too! So productive (or that's what I tell myself anyways). After 600+ hours I really can't stand the in game music :D
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm having this same problem. I've tested it with and without mods. I even regenerated a new Sims 4 folder. If you can link to the bug report, I'll hit Me Too as well.

Sorry, just saw your comment, here's the link if you still need it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-Profile-not-opening-after-Learning-Dis-Likes-LUIE/td-p/10376525

• FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I feel like they improved visibly the Sim Autonomy (and finally cooking/eating is fixed)
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Why is it possible for sim to romance their stepparent who was their caregiver, and who is mentioned in relationship panel as daddy/mommy dearest? :s
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I never experienced the toilet fire glitch myself. I did once have a bathroom sink catch fire though :D My Spellcaster Sim had tried to fix it using Repairio but the spell went wrong. VERY wrong lol.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm having this same problem. I've tested it with and without mods. I even regenerated a new Sims 4 folder. If you can link to the bug report, I'll hit Me Too as well.

Sorry, just saw your comment, here's the link if you still need it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-Profile-not-opening-after-Learning-Dis-Likes-LUIE/td-p/10376525

Thanks! I found it a couple of days ago.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited June 2021
    Unbalanced Meal
    From eating too many desserts or quick meals.
    Microwaved Ramen and Chips have their place but maybe it's time for some real food.

Oh screw off, game. Sometimes quick meals are the only thing a Sim can eat before work or school because they spend all their time goofing off in the snow or dancing to the radio that you have to fight with them to keep off, they don't have time for actual 'real food'.

I don't micromanage my Sims anymore. I leave them to their own devices and just intervene to get them to do the stuff they need for promotions, or if their children or pets are starving or there's a threat to their safety like a fire or something. Other than that, they do whatever they want, and most of the time it's unproductive stuff. So if they only have time for quick meals and desserts, that on them.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I have a quick question - does anyone know, or has it been clarified anywhere, if you have to buy Cottage Living from Origin in order to get the bonus content? Like if I buy it (before Sept. 2nd) from a store like Target or Best Buy instead, will I still get those items?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @hyrulerose someone asked SimGuruRomeo yesterday but he didn't respond yet.
    edited June 2021
    Do Sims gain weight if they don't exercise for a long period of time?

I might be crazy but my Sim (who isn't skinny but not really chubby either) seems to be getting bigger. I could be imagining it, but maybe not.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    @Fairy_Happy Yes, they do. More so if they eat a lot of fattening foods. Going jogging a couple times a week should keep things balanced. Or more exercise if you really want a fit-looking sim :)

That is so cool. The little things in this game. XD

I'm have to make sure she jogs a few times a week since she likes to pig out on French toast in the mornings before work.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    When building homes, do they really need a roof?
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    When building homes, do they really need a roof?

You can make it flat with half walls or friezes.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    I hope that secluded lot that comes with cottage living near the waterfall is not occupied. I have a little girl vampire living with Patchy in a hunted townhouse in Forgotten Hollow, might be a very good idea to move her to that lot. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a cemetery at Forgotten Hollow, although Vlad's house kinda is.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @AmeliaTodd SimGuruRomeo said it was the perfect starter lot to jump right in so hopefully it's not occupied. Or someone's getting evicted. 😄
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    @AmeliaTodd SimGuruRomeo said it was the perfect starter lot to jump right in so hopefully it's not occupied. Or someone's getting evicted. 😄

A perfect starter home? let it be true! And here I thought I couldn't get even more excited.
    edited June 2021
    During this sale I managed to dramatically increase my Sims 4 library.

During this sale, I managed to snag Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Movie Hangout, Kids Room Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff all for only $100.

Got to say not a bad haul.

If I'd bought all these full price, would have been about $155. Saved myself $55.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Justin @Kironide They can travel to any lot and even sleep there if they have the Always Welcome trait or a tent (or nap on benches if not). They just can't use a vacation rental, or take vacation days from a job if they have one.
    Yes, I realized the other day I could not go into a residential house that no one owned. You used to be able to go to unowned lots and use them. I was wanting my handy sim to go upgrade some beds and things. Then I realized you could go inside if you switched the lot to generic.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited June 2021
    Justin wrote: »
    Random comment: I don’t like sims4 library’s very much. They have very limited books & they’re all the same. I wish you could add more books to the library (maybe even all the books we currently have available in game).
    You might try having someone make ( buy ) a bookstore. And then then buy all the different books (skills etc.) and put them on tables, but not set them for sale. Then sell the store and change it to a library. I’m not sure if that will work, and would be more of a hassle ( especially if new books come out with packs ). But if it works you could even upload your writers books to the gallery and download them into the library too. But it certainly would be nice if they put all the books into the library. It would make the library so much more useful.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,553 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    I’ll join. Why the heck can’t they label face types in game in a little tooltip. Say what you want but I often can’t tell which faces are intended for which races. -.-

I'm uncertain if different races have any particular face shape. There are only so many. Mostly, the eyes are indicative of race. Just pick the shape closest to what you want to enable yourself to push and pull it into what you want. Other than that, I'm mystified.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I regret giving my Sim, Layla the hotheaded trait because now she's always angry for no reason.

Yes, I can change her trait with cheats but I'm not going to change her. She is who she is.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Why is it possible for sim to romance their stepparent who was their caregiver, and who is mentioned in relationship panel as daddy/mommy dearest? :s

I just found this thread, which is why my comment is late, but ew. Just, ew. :unamused:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    Disregard. Just Googled question. :p
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top