Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Magical Mastersons: A Ginger Spellcaster Family

2...Next

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Sisters Forever, Chapter Two: Not Just About Romantic Love

Narrated by Xanthe Masterson

My pregnancy seemed to whizz by. Soon, it was Love Day... my due date.
    "So... why don't we start trying for our own family?" Alexander whispered into Erytheia's ear.
    "Oooh, great idea!" she replied. "The perfect occasion."
    "Don't mind me," I grinned. "I hope everything goes well!"

1pzbfWe.jpg

And, sure enough...
    "It worked!" Erytheia grinned. "I'm going to be a mother!"
    "Whaaat? That's amazing!" Alexander exclaimed.
    "Oh wow, two babies in this flat? That's a lot of screaming!" Salim Benali said.
    "Yeah, well, we won't be living here forever," I laughed.

wSyySR4.jpg

"Oh, you're getting so big!" Erytheia exclaimed, rubbing my bump. "I can't wait to be an auntie!"
    "Me neither," I replied. "I wish this baby would hurry up, though."

YKK97No.jpg

Rest under spoiler:

Naturally, Erytheia rang our mother.
    "Hey grandma!" she exclaimed.
    "Yes, I know... wait..."
    "Surprise! Me too!"
    "Oh, congratulations! Isn't Xanthe due today?"
    "Yeah, she is."
    "Tell her good luck. I can't wait to meet my grandchild... or should that be grandchildren!"

wQ1kXds.jpg

Later that evening, Erytheia gave me a present.
    "Oh! It's an adorable little sleepsuit!" I smiled. "Thank you so much."
    I barely had time to enjoy it, though, when pain hit me...
    "Ooooooh.... I think you gave me that sleepsuit just in time..."

b25f8lP.jpg
    wu1Vh2L.jpg

I went into my room, willing things to be over with quickly. The pain was like nothing I'd felt before...

8w9KVSL.jpg

Suddenly, he was here.
    "Oh!" I exclaimed. "It's Theseus!"
    Looking into his face, I felt that love that mothers talk about. He was so small, so adorable-looking, and so vulnerable. So what if Love Day was traditionally about romance?
    I dressed him in his little green sleepsuit and embraced him.
    "I love you, little Theseus," I said softly. "You're the best thing that ever happened to me."

AfpQtLq.jpg
    edited November 2021
    Sisters Forever, Chapter Three: Three Adults and Three Kids

Narrated by Erytheia Paraskevas

The day after my nephew was born was Talk Like a Pirate Day, so we decided to dress up (apart from Theseus, of course). I went for a snuggle.
    "Oh, you're such a cute little thing," I murmured. "And you're going to be a great big cousin too."
    I had always been terrible with family resemblances and couldn't yet tell who Theseus looked like. Not that it mattered, of course.

gXiJBZv.jpg

It wasn't too long before he grew up. Theseus inherited his mother's blue eyes and his mother's ginger hair (as opposed to Logan, who had darker auburn locks).

mSCRzzF.jpg

Anastasia popped over for a visit.
    "Oh! I'm going to be a grandmother!" she exclaimed.
    "Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you before," I said. "It's been rather busy here."
    I explained the whole story.
    "Oh, poor Xanthe," Anastasia sympathised. "Theseus is a lovely name. A real Greek hero! Have you thought of names?"
    "Yes, we've got a few ideas," I replied. "I think we'll wait until the baby is born."
    "I did the same with Alexander," she explained. "I thought I'd decided on a name, but when he was born it didn't fit."

nbOV9jX.jpg

On the first Monday in summer...
    "Ooh, I'm in labour!" I groaned.
    Alexander was soon by my side in our bedroom.
    "Just breathe, darling," he said. "It'll be over soon."
    (Yeah, Salim, you aren't exactly helping. Not a great time for you to be here!!)

Xm8kvOW.jpg
    I8DPCCL.jpg

Eventually...
    "Oh my God," I grinned. "Wow. My own twin girls."
    "What are we going to call them?" Alexander asked.
    "I've always liked Athena," I said. "The goddess of wisdom."
    "You know, Sophia also happens to mean wisdom," Alexander said. "Sophia isn't a mythological character, but rather a concept in ancient Greek philosophy. In fact, 'philosophy' itself means 'love of wisdom'."
    "Athena and Sophia... yeah, I like it," I agreed.
    I had managed to acquire two sleepsuits on Plopsy, and dressed Athena in a pink one decorated with an ice cream cone, and gave Sophia a blue-and-grey one.

ZWo9tLv.jpg

Soon, the twins had also become toddlers (I always age up babies after 24 hours, whatever lifespan). I was intrigued to see that Athena had inherited her daddy's brown eyes, whilst Sophia had my own blue ones.

4QNmaw1.jpg
    cQZE7ub.jpg

As much as I enjoyed living in the apartment where I'd been born, space was getting a little tight. We found a house in Glimmerbrook, and moved there.

oQt3aj3.jpg
    Post edited by Lucy_Henley on
    edited September 2021
    Artemis and Leo, Chapter One: Time to Adult

Narrated by Artemis Masterson

I needed a new recruit or two for my Smarty Pants League club. I'd checked a list of eligible members, and noticed someone who I hadn't seen before. His profile named him as Leo King, living in Willow Creek. I'd been struck by his curly red hair and freckles. So, I decided to pay him a visit.

lhXc3Na.jpg

After just a few minutes chatting, I realised that I felt totally comfortable in Leo's presence. I'd experienced an instant connection with him.
    "I know this might sound crazy, but I feel like I've known you forever," I said.
    "Yeah... me too, actually," Leo replied. "It's not that crazy."
    (Artemis has the Incredibly Friendly trait and a Pristine reputation, so made instant friends with Leo).

eDnAKPS.jpg

"You know... I think you're pretty handsome," I admitted.
    "Oh yeah?" he replied. "I think you're really pretty, too. Your dress goes so well with your hair. I've heard some rubbish about redheads supposedly 'not being allowed' to wear red, but I love the colour."
    "My older sister is exactly the same," I replied. "She wears a bright red jumper and totally rocks it."

X7ia3Ad.jpg

Rest under spoiler:

Later, with the temperature rising, I went over to Glimmerbrook to meet my nieces and nephew for the first time. I watched as Theseus came into the living room.
    "Oh, he's adorable," I said. "He looks so much like you."
    "Yeah, it's a good thing he doesn't look more like Logan," Xanthe replied. "I mean, I know the split was amicable and everything, but it would've been harder emotionally if Theseus looked like him. Thankfully he inherited the Masterson ginger hair and Masterson blue eyes." Then, switching tack, she asked me if I had any plans for a family.
    "Oh... yeah," I admitted. "There's this cute guy who I recruited for my Smarty Pants League club. He's called Leo and he's got ginger hair like us. He's got freckles, though."
    "Really? I'd like to meet this guy some day," Xanthe grinned.

AhOVukF.jpg

then went upstairs to see Athena and Sophia.
    "Hello!" I said brightly. "I'm your Auntie Artemis. You must be Athena."
    "Yeah," she replied, looking up at me with a sad expression. "Me sad."
    "Oh no, why?"
    "Dada gone," she pouted.
    "Well, he has to earn money to buy you things," I explained. "He'll come back soon, I promise."
    "I love Dada," she said.
    "Of course you do. I love my daddy, too. I bet he gives you a great big hug when he comes home."

4sJo6KW.jpg

Erytheia soon came up to join us.
    "So, do you like your Auntie Artemis?" she asked.
    "Yeah," grinned Sophia. "She nice."
    "What she got on her face?" Athena asked.
    "Oh, do you mean my glasses?" I replied. "I wear these because I can't see very well. They help me see properly."
    "OK," Athena smiled.
    That was one thing I loved about small children. They accepted differences like that.

kmoHijD.jpg

I decided that it was finally time to grow up a little and bought a house in Glimmerbrook with Apollo. Of course, one of the first things I did was to invite Leo over.

JW8JK3K.jpg

Things started moving VERY rapidly.

DEl42JP.jpg

One thing that I had long wanted to do was build a space-worthy rocket. So, that evening, I got to work.

LyifIwS.jpg

Leo and I had very similar hobbies, so I was happy for him to work on the rocket when I was inside making dinner. I'd originally intended to hold Smarty Pants League meetings at the house, but now I thought that it might be easier to rent a community building that was entirely dedicated to the club.

A6kBDxw.jpg
    Artemis and Leo, Chapter Two: A Big Step

By now, I had asked Leo to move in with me, and Apollo had gone to Willow Creek to live with his girlfriend, Calliope Papadopoulos, who'd originally been Leo's housemate.
    "So... since things are going so well, why don't we start a family?" Leo suggested.
    My mind flashed briefly to Xanthe, but I dismissed the thought. Leo was living with me now, plus he'd been the one to suggest parenthood.
    "Ooh, I'd love to," I grinned.

V8EQz87.jpg

"Well... it worked! We're going to be parents!" I grinned.
    "Wow, that's great news! I can't wait!" Leo smiled back.

ZwvEmMn.jpg

Apollo came over for a visit.
    "Hey! You're going to be an uncle, again!" I grinned.
    "Oh, congratulations! That's amazing news!" he replied. "Ahh, I can't wait to meet him or her. It'll have ginger hair, I guess?"
    "Yeah, it's pretty much guaranteed," I laughed.

NsDA0vK.jpg

Rest under spoiler:

I popped over to Erytheia and Xanthe's place to share the news. I didn't think Sophia quite understood, but her face cheered me up anyway.
    (I LOVE Sophia's face here! Clearly she thinks Auntie Artemis is very funny!)

jq2Zniw.jpg

I decided to get in a little parenting practice by reading Athena a story. Sophia, meanwhile, wasn't interested.

hD8dAS3.jpg

My due date happened to be Spooky Day. The toilet broke, so I used Repairio to try and fix it... emphasis on the word "try". Somehow, it caught fire, and Leo and I combined forces to extinguish the flames. Huh, perhaps I should learn the handiness skill...

kKKLBsV.jpg

That night, after a short but painful labour, I gave birth to a little girl I named Persephone. Leo immediately fell in love with her... hopefully his Darth Maul costume didn't freak her out too much.

gQHmPZK.jpg
    K3xexpD.jpg

I was intrigued to see that Persephone inherited Leo's curly hair and freckles, but my bad eyesight. I'd carefully kept the outfit I'd worn at her age, and dressed her in it. We didn't have a cat, but animal clothing is always cute, right?

xE8Nado.jpg
    I'm a little bit behind here!

Sisters Forever, Chapter Four: The Playdate That... Wasn't

Narrated by Erytheia Paraskevas

We had recently acquired a chicken coop and cow barn, and fetching eggs was a lot of fun. The kids would enjoy interacting with the animals, too.

UOqZjkk.jpg

Being a parent was fun, too. I loved playing with the twins, seeing everything through their eyes again. And of course, there was Theseus too. Being an actively-involved aunt was so rewarding. I knew Xanthe was starting to think about dating again, but it wasn't her top priority. I knew some men might not be interested in a single mother, which I could understand, so I hoped she'd find someone who was willing to take on the father role.

HjHZJXb.jpg

x0og9QI.jpg

Rest under spoiler:

"Mama, the doll house broke," Theseus wailed.
    "Oh, darling, that's too bad," Xanthe said, a little smile on her face. She knew that it had been Theseus himself who had destroyed the doll house, in a fit of rage over something minor. He was smart in many ways, but hadn't yet fully grasped the "actions have consequences" concept.

ivueOQf.jpg

That evening was bathtime.
    "Splishy splashy, splishy splashy!" Sophia grinned, flicking water into my face.
    "Oh, Soph, that went in my eyes!" I laughed. "Please be careful."
    "OK, Mummy," she said.

xbY2KfH.jpg

The next day, Athena decided to chat with the cow, and even tell her a few jokes. I was a little nervous about her interacting with a large (to her) animal, but luckily the cow kept a distance. Perhaps she could sense that Athena was small and knew to be careful.

NuXwooB.jpg

Apollo had popped over for a visit.
    "How's it going with Calliope?" I asked casually.
    "Who told you about her?" he grinned.
    "Who do you think?" I laughed. "You do realise Artemis lives next door?"
    "Of course," he said, shaking his head with a smile. "You were going to meet her anyway. It's going great, actually. She's got an amazing garden. Willow Creek is a great place to live, but we were actually thinking of moving to Glimmerbrook ourselves. I'd like to live closer to you lot, and she's always wanted to live here."
    "Ooh, how exciting! You could see the kids more, too."
    "Yes, that'd be a good idea. I'd like to be a dad myself, so being around the kids will give me at least some experience."

WbxQYcd.jpg

The day after, I'd arranged a playdate so that Athena, Theseus and Sophia could meet their cousin Persephone. I got to meet Artemis's boyfriend, Leo.
    "Nice to meet you at last," I said. "I'm Erytheia."
    "Ah yes, Artemis explained you were the one who wore red," he replied. "We've got similar tastes!"
    "Persephone looks very like you," I said, "with your curly hair and freckles."
    "Yeah, but she's like Artemis in personality," he replied. "She's very curious about everything, and loves learning new things. Oh, by the way, just to say that we often called her Sephi at home, just because Persephone is a bit of a mouthful for a toddler to say."
    "Right. Sephi's an adorable nickname! No-one really shortened my name when I was a kid."
    (Ah, look, there's little Theseus using his nappy... :D )

9wMZEF6.jpg

To my disappointment, however, the children didn't seem to interact with each other very much. I hadn't thought they were shy, but maybe they just didn't really know what to say to each other.

That evening, after work, Alexander and I spent time together. He gave me a *very* enthusiastic kiss, and I was barely able to express my shock.
    "Are you alright?" he asked.
    "Yeah, I just didn't expect that," I grinned. "Being swooped backwards and downwards is an odd sensation."
    "I hope Xanthe's able to find a decent boyfriend," he said. "If she wants to, of course."
    "Oh, she does," I replied. "But she'll have to find someone who wants to be a dad to little Theseus. Not every man is willing to take on that role."

LDFMKic.jpg

The next morning, I watched, half-horrifed and half-amused, as Athena bit her cousin! (Theseus's little face!!)

2q8T56C.jpg

"Athena Caroline Paraskevas! Don't bite your cousin! That's not nice."
    "Bitey bitey bite!" she said, looking defiant.
    "No. Biting is not nice behaviour," I repeated. "Say sorry to Theseus, please."
    "Sorry," she replied.
    "That's OK," Theseus said. "Let's go play downstairs."
    "Good girl, Athena," I said. "You two go and have fun."

l4YMsfi.jpg

I hadn't been entirely undeterred by the unsuccessful playdate, and I decided to invite Persephone over. If they spent time around each other, they would be more comfortable interacting in the future.
    "Hey, little Persephone," I said. "Why don't you go into the living room over there? I've got the radio on so you can dance."
    "OK!" Persephone smiled.

yFM1vnC.jpg

I watched as the toddlers all started dancing together. They seemed to really enjoy themselves.

uDVtsdr.jpg
    I added a photo to the end of Sisters Forever Chapter Three, as I realised I hadn't mentioned the family moving to Glimmerbrook.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I love the idea of ginger spellcasters! That is amazing! I have a redhaired legacy myself. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    I eventually decided to rename all the chapters "Magical Mastersons Chapter XXX" because it's a lot easier than trying to remember things like "Sisters Forever" and "Artemis and Leo" :D:D

There are three new chapters up on the blog, that I'll link to here. The first is from Apollo's POV, the second is done in the third person and the third is from Erytheia's POV.

Magical Mastersons Chapter Eighteen: Living Up to my Namesake

Magical Mastersons Chapter Nineteen: A Whirlwind Romance

Magical Mastersons Chapter Twenty: They're Growing Up

Sadly, the latest patch messed up the ages of everyone. I hadn't noticed until recently as I'd been playing other saves.

So, I made the tough decision to restart the whole thing, back from when Caroline and Peter were young adults just starting out. I also ended up deleting the blog.

I will be starting a new story, right from the beginning, rather than just as the children start university. Since I got attached to all the characters and everything, I'll be recreating it as much as possible, with some extra bits thrown in now I have more packs than when I started. Originally, when I began the save in May 2020, I had no CC and only one mod (MCCC). Now I have many mods and bits of CC.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Oh no 😦 I'm sorry to hear that, a patch messing up your story is such a waste. Will you restart on the same forum thread, or will you make a new one?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Oh no 😦 I'm sorry to hear that, a patch messing up your story is such a waste. Will you restart on the same forum thread, or will you make a new one?

I’ll probably start a new thread as it’ll be easier and clearer. I’ll link to it when I’ve set it up!
    It is definitely a shame, but I am enjoying playing them so far!