Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe I've given up waiting for fairies :(

I started playing Sims 4 at release (2014). As a supernatural player I got my first occult, Ghosts, with the base game (2014). Then Aliens, with Get To Work (2015).

I started playing with my fake fairies with the release of my loved Spooky Stuff Pack (2015) thanks to a costume . I built my first "big" fairy house at 2016, at that point my builder skills finally allowed me to materialize a whimsical idea: it took me a month to finish it, I remember I was afraid of MOO and the enlarge objects tool :s

My first Fairy Hideout:
ix4SSBV.png

My fake fairies waited almost two years for my fav occult: Vampires (2017). Yes, Vampires are my fav but they need a whimsical world to be. I love having both, like a metaphor of day and night, heaven and hell, life and death.
BTvfr5u.png

I really was grateful with the ROM release (2019): yes, all my fairies are now spellcasters. Finally I do not need only my imagination and a combo of traits to see my sims be magic. Again, I waited 2 years for a new occult.

Less fake fairies:
ueKfODd.png

In 2019 we got mermaids as an extra feature for Island Living. It was sad that mermaids did not deserved the same status as Vampires (the design of vampires is awesome). At the same year we got Servos, another extra feature but even more mediocre: Servos are not an occult, just a skinned sim, they did not deserved even a soul: you can not have Servos Ghosts neither proper graduation photos! At this point I began to suspect that supernatural players are secondary at Sims 4. I want to be wrong, but I feel that fairies and werewolves will never come to this game :(

Since my first Fairy Hideout I have built many houses and lots for my fairies, and other occults. Even my Windenburg Island is a full Fairy World.

A few months ago I challenged myself to built another fairy hideout not only to test my new skills but to keep my joy for my fake fairies. I finished my house and I tested it at my Testing Save. I really wanted to play it at my Main Save. But since then the house is still empty. I discovered that somehow I wanted to play that house with real fairies, that I wanted sims with real wings, that the Spooky Stuff Pack costume was not enought anymore.

For now I will keep that house empty at Windenburg Island just as a reminder: a world without imagination is a sad world.

My Fairy House at my Testing Save:
ACc3QdR.png

Comments

• Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Yesterday in my gallery news, it popped up that Maxis favorited a fairy. So maybe you're not completely left out in the dark - somebody over at the company might be having the same desires.

I'm not a big fairy person, but if we have to have another occult, they'd seem like the ideal choice to me for some light hearted fun.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    emere wrote: »
    I started playing Sims 4 at release (2014). As a supernatural player I got my first occult, Ghosts, with the base game (2014). Then Aliens, with Get To Work (2015).

I started playing with my fake fairies with the release of my loved Spooky Stuff Pack (2015) thanks to a costume . I built my first "big" fairy house at 2016, at that point my builder skills finally allowed me to materialize a whimsical idea: it took me a month to finish it, I remember I was afraid of MOO and the enlarge objects tool :s

My first Fairy Hideout:
    ix4SSBV.png

My fake fairies waited almost two years for my fav occult: Vampires (2017). Yes, Vampires are my fav but they need a whimsical world to be. I love having both, like a metaphor of day and night, heaven and ❤️❤️❤️❤️, life and death.
    BTvfr5u.png

I really was grateful with the ROM release (2019): yes, all my fairies are now spellcasters. Finally I do not need only my imagination and a combo of traits to see my sims be magic. Again, I waited 2 years for a new occult.

Less fake fairies:
    ueKfODd.png

In 2019 we got mermaids as an extra feature for Island Living. It was sad that mermaids did not deserved the same status as Vampires (the design of vampires is awesome). At the same year we got Servos, another extra feature but even more mediocre: Servos are not an occult, just a skinned sim, they did not deserved even a soul: you can not have Servos Ghosts neither proper graduation photos! At this point I began to suspect that supernatural players are secondary at Sims 4. I want to be wrong, but I feel that fairies and werewolves will never come to this game :(

Since my first Fairy Hideout I have built many houses and lots for my fairies, and other occults. Even my Windenburg Island is a full Fairy World.

A few months ago I challenged myself to built another fairy hideout not only to test my new skills but to keep my joy for my fake fairies. I finished my house and I tested it at my Testing Save. I really wanted to play it at my Main Save. But since then the house is still empty. I discovered that somehow I wanted to play that house with real fairies, that I wanted sims with real wings, that the Spooky Stuff Pack costume was not enought anymore.

For now I will keep that house empty at Windenburg Island just as a reminder: a world without imagination is a sad world.

My Fairy House at my Testing Save:
    ACc3QdR.png

That's so pretty! I hope you get your wish. I loved the fairy stuff that came with Supernatural and the Sims 3 store. <3
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I personally hope all five lifestates from TS3 Supernatural get the Game Pack treatment that Vampires and Spellcasters have already received. My main save in TS3 were a Werewolf/Fairy odd-couple. Perpetual YAs in that game, they never felt a call to settle down.

I remade that couple, minus their Occult lifestates, for TS4 and the personalities and connection translated really well. Like, spookily well. They felt like the same people. In TS4, both wanted kids so that became their goal once initial aspirations were concluded. They became the founders of my legacy save.

I have enjoyed playing them - and some of their offspring have become Spellcasters - but I would also like to see both their original TS3 lifestates available in game.

Odd but true: The five occult lifestates of TS3: Supernatural were also the 5 core games of the World of Darkness tabletop RPGs by White Wolf Game Studios.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Those builds are great!
    And don’t give up on fairies!

Do you believe in fairies? If you believe clap your hands. 😇
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2021
    How the hell did you even make these houses? I'm so jealous.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    “Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery, hand in hand,
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.”

Don't give up! I believe! And I clap my hands on a daily basis.

N.B. Those builds of yours are beautifully ethereal.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I wouldn't give up on the Fairies, @emere.
    If they're one of the main occults, and we've already gotten the majority of the others, then reasons stands that they would release the remaining two at some point. Unfortunately, EA moves at a snail's pace so when that might be who knows, and it'd be a toss-up between werewolves and fairies of which came first. But I do think they could still come. They said they want this game to last for many years to come, so there's still time for it.

Also your Fairy Hideouts are very nice!
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Whenever I crave fairies I have to play the Sims 3 for now but a Fairy pack would be something I would probably buy in the Sims 4 and I haven't bought a pack in years.
    They're just so magical, I'd love to have them.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I like your second fairy house @emere! It's just the right amount of fairy tale, not too pink and candylike, while still looking enchanted.

Concerning giving up on getting a feature, that's a problem I have, too. I've had cc fairys before RoM, an android mod before DU's robots, "fake" colleges before DU, werewolves using the vampire system plus some furry cc and even rideable horses. For players who want an attraction system, the in-depth one from "adult mod" even exists as a standalone, family-friendly one now.
    At the point where the official version of anything arrives, I might already be over the phase, or the mods were better in some way.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    OMG I love the fairy houses and those roofs! so pretty :love:

I don't have lot of inspirations for fairy builds myself cause my fantasy builds usually steer to spoopy vampires and witches realm but I am inspired after seeing these beautiful builds and I really wish we get fairies one day so real fairies can live in them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    @emere, I also would love to have fairies, and that house you created is absolutely fabulous, love it very much...I love fantasy and to me fairies and dragons are more fantasy. What I guess I am saying, Yes, Fairies!!!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    @emere, your builds are fantastic! Clapping hands for Fairies right now!
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    That's me. I want fairies to return so bad, them and werewolves. I wanna give up they'll ever come, but makes no sense to me also if those occults don't return like vampires had and spellcasters.

On another note, your builds certainly look terrific~!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m not a huge occult player and I would love to have fairies in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I keep waiting for fairies too---someone's gotta clean this house, and it ain't me....
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited May 2021
    Inspired by this thread I made my first fairy house in Sylvan Glade :blush::heart:
    xOjEyD7.png
    PzTvytr.png
    zGLSc9G.png
    GSv1LYa.png
    CnCw3LR.png
    MePhIWu.png

its bit unconventional due to lot size and all but fills all the needs
    now if only i had fairy to play

but i don't even have spooky pack yet so :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    Be strong, OP. We who wants Fairies will not give up in the first round. Nor second, third, etc etc...

I made the mistake about reading about the Sim Fairies on their Wiki. Did not lower my expectations for getting them, some of their prankster abilities would fit right at home among my other Occults.

Your vampire and fairy Sim looks awesome.
    I'll not even comment on the awesome house. Something like that is beyond my meager cottage-building skills.
    Darn, I want Fairies. And Werewolves after that.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No Fairies in Sims 4? No problem - I'll make them for story anyway.

Lk9QNcA.png
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maxis really wasted The Sylvan Glade" It should have been an entrance into a fairyland world with castles, kings, princes and princesses, fairy godmothers, maybe werewolves for balance, and with the woodcutter's cottage from Sims 3!

If I got my farming world I wouldn't mind them having an entrance to it from there as fair's fair! :)
  • Options
    d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    Let's petition, get a bunch of signatures for Faeries and Werewolves!!!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am sure the studio knows that other Occults are wanted. But petitions are a no-no on the Forums.

With years of life ahead for TS4, I am confident that, in time, we'll see some sort of Faerie pack.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I would like to have fairies in Sims 4, but I suspect they wouldn't be as good as the ones in Sims 3, so I have also pretty much given up.

Prove me wrong Sims team, I dare you. 😁
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I haven't given up on Faeries. I refuse to give up on either Faeries or Werecritters until they announce Sims 5.

Even if I don't expect a proper Redcap, or Nocker, or Pooka...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I don't know when we will get Fairies. For now, I create Spellcaster "Fairies" with the fairy outfit. I even got one sort of living in Sylvan Glade.
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    [quote="CAPTAIN_NXR7;c-17880194"]Those builds are great!
    And don’t give up on fairies!

Do you believe in fairies? If you believe clap your hands. 😇[/quote]

"I do believe in fairies! I do, I do!"