July 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
July 20th: The latest patch is live! To read the patch notes, click here
July 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Old characters vs New characters

13...Next

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 874 Member
    Both
    Premade sims in my games mostly are just wandering around in the background. I make so many of my own sims, I usually end up evicting the premades from their homes so my sims can use those lots. But I don't delete the premades, because every premade sim is one less crazy-dressed random sim I have to edit. But for the most part, it doesn't really matter to me if they are old or new families because I mostly ignore them anyway and I've never really paid attention to the official or fan lore about them.

So, I feel like a mix of both old and new is fine for me. I honestly wish that the packs shipped with more premade sims instead of relying so much on randomly generated ones, since the developers have never given us any quick and easy tools for regulating how the game randomly combines clothing and accessory items.
  • arcHannaharcHannah Posts: 12 New Member
    Both
    I love Sims lore - old and new! The families really bring the stories to life. I have fond memories of following storylines in TS2 and still enjoy exploring the same characters in TS4, but I also love to craft new stories and interactions with newer characters in the franchise.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Both
    I'm saying both and I do truly like some of the new characters, but no one can dispute those old set ups. Bios, memories, relationships in the world, etc. The older characters had a lot more depth to them and a lot of that is what made them memorable to me. I would be lying if I said I never played them, but I mostly got to know them as neighbors and nuisances first and foremost. To this day, I remember my favorites.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 34 Member
    Both
    Both for me. I usually play on my own new families. But recently I've been playing with some pre-mades mainly re-designing them atm and re-decorating their houses. The Goths will always be my favourite. They were the first family that I played when I first got TS1 and their story has been my favourite throughout the game.

As for my new single female Sims, for some reason they always seem to gravitate towards Johnny Zest and I really have no idea why lol.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 503 Member
    None
    I played pre-made households in TS1 and TS2. They were OK but none of them were very interesting. I looked at the pre-made households when I first started playing TS4. I ended up deleting all of them in the Base Game because they were boring. The pre-made households that have shipped with EPs and GPs have continued to be just as boring and so they get deleted as well. Based on what I've read about the pre-mades coming with Country Living it looks like I'll be deleting or replacing most of them too.
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 21 Member
    Both
    Both - variety is the spice of life!!
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 459 Member
    Old families
    There's nothing like the characters from Sims1. EA doesn't even try to make characters interesting any more.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited July 25
    Old families
    Well something is odd cause in my game one of my families got a call from Agatha Crumplebottom and she was black? I don't think that's canon in the old characters. She must be a variant from another universe. Most of the premades tend to die off pretty fast anyway before I get around to looking at them. I do wonder though if Bob Newbie and Bob Pancakes aren't related somehow, if only spiritually.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 3,362 Member
    Old families
    I primarily do my own, but Sims wouldn't be the Sims without the likes of the Goths, Pleasants, Caliente's, and others we expect from past games at least in the background as part of the world our sims inhabit.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,020 Member
    Both
    the more the merrier :)
    // take me back to 2018.