Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloaded my first CC ever and I love it <3

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited April 2023 in CAS Custom Content
So for sims 4 I have not used cc unless it was made by me myself. That way I know my game is safe as I will keep it updated for myself and also because I was a teensy bit scared to use other people's cc in my game

But......

I absolutely love the baby skin tone made by the very talented PurpleBex <3

This is my babies before her skin tone
81t34xj.png

And this is my babies with her skin tone
Pq6jBm4.png

They work so well with my baby outfits and now I have the cutest looking little nooboos in game. They look so much better <3

Thank you so much PurpleBex :)

Link for anyone that would like them too.
https://purplebex.tumblr.com/post/625144828040298496/baby-defaults-20-you-may-have-noticed-that-baby
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Welcome to the Dark fun side! We have cookies :)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Congratulations! EA/Maxis may provide the cake but I look at cc and think "icing!"

Happy Simming!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »

Hahahaha I will take a cookie ;) I just have to try and not get too much, my game is running smoothly now, gosh my sims 2 days I had folders and folders of cc, I think I had more cc in giga bites as the actual game with all its packs LOL
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Congratulations! EA/Maxis may provide the cake but I look at cc and think "icing!"

Happy Simming!

Now that is a cool way to think about it. I am loving this icing though, just look at the little babies sparkling eyes and cute little baby mouth <3

j9Glmz1.png
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    I've been playing for a long time, but recently got into CC, too. Can't believe it took me so long to dive down that rabbit hole! There's some great stuff out there. I love the Maxis Match style of CC in particular because it looks really great in the game; like it belongs there.

I really want to learn how to make CC (and mods) myself now.

Have fun and Happy Simming! (...and P.S., your babies are ADORABLE!) :D
    I've been playing for a long time, but recently got into CC, too. Can't believe it took me so long to dive down that rabbit hole! There's some great stuff out there. I love the Maxis Match style of CC in particular because it looks really great in the game; like it belongs there.

I really want to learn how to make CC (and mods) myself now.

Have fun and Happy Simming! (...and P.S., your babies are ADORABLE!) :D

Aww thank you, they look extra cute with the sparkle in their eyes <3
    I learned what I know from googling tutorials in sims 4 studio. There are some good ones out there to get you started, If you ever want to make baby outfits, I have lots of templates I can share with you. The dungaree templates as above and also the shoes took me forever to fiddle around with until everything lined up, so will be much easier with established templates ;) Then I can advice you and help you too LOL
    Good luck in your adventures when you give making cc a go :) and happy simming :)

• MeowBeccaaMeowBeccaa Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm so glad your first piece of CC was enjoyable for you! I know as soon as I discovered CC I was HOOKED lol. Like I probably wouldn't love the sims nearly as much without my CC outfits and Slice of Life/Mc Command Center + Ravasheen stuff.

The Mods/Creators I've mentioned above are all super reputable with like - thousands of followers so I'm pretty confident in their safety, BUT what if I wasn't? I'm curious about how you've only used CC from yourself previously because you knew it was safe? I was under the impression that CC is safe? I read somewhere on the S4Studio site that it was and since then I've been going all out LOL. I guess I never stopped to consider if it could possibly be dangerous (considering how many people use it, I just assumed.) Interesting!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I still refuse to play with the bassinet they call a baby but they do look less doll like though still no eyebrows.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Those are some cute skintones.

Seeing all the great creations out there, it's so hard to not fall down the rabbit hole. So far, I've done very well. I've only recently started using mods.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    MeowBeccaa wrote: »
    I'm so glad your first piece of CC was enjoyable for you! I know as soon as I discovered CC I was HOOKED lol. Like I probably wouldn't love the sims nearly as much without my CC outfits and Slice of Life/Mc Command Center + Ravasheen stuff.

The Mods/Creators I've mentioned above are all super reputable with like - thousands of followers so I'm pretty confident in their safety, BUT what if I wasn't? I'm curious about how you've only used CC from yourself previously because you knew it was safe? I was under the impression that CC is safe? I read somewhere on the S4Studio site that it was and since then I've been going all out LOL. I guess I never stopped to consider if it could possibly be dangerous (considering how many people use it, I just assumed.) Interesting!

Yeah I am super happy with my little baby skintones Purplebex, not sure I will delve deeper and get more though LOL. No CC or mods is ever 100 percent safe. You always need to disable it after an update and wait for the person who made it to test it and give the thumbs up it works. Nifty knitting broke all my previous baby outfits, and I had to wait until Purplebex made a tutorial showing us how to fix it. Also I think windows recently broke too, not sure as I don't use them, but yes its good to be aware and play it save with any mods and cc ;)
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I still refuse to play with the bassinet they call a baby but they do look less doll like though still no eyebrows.

I agree Purplebex makes them look nice. Although I super miss our sims 2 babies, not sure if you played them, but they carried their parents genetics, so if blue or green eyes were in parents they would have either and also blonde or brown hair then you would zoom in and look at the colours of their eyebrows to see what colour hair they would have as toddlers and older. They were genuinely playing with genetics and babies there.
    Those are some cute skintones.

Seeing all the great creations out there, it's so hard to not fall down the rabbit hole. So far, I've done very well. I've only recently started using mods.

She did an aweSim job on them, they truly change the look of our little nooboos <3 I think I can remain strong too, don't think I will get anything besides what I have allready :)
    @mcrudd

Oh but of course :-) One CC first, then a couple more, then CC FOR REAL, then mods :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I don't know whether to be happy for you, or pity you for finally getting into CC. :lol:

I mean I'm super glad that your first ever cc download from somebody else is enjoyable for you. :smile: But.... downloading CC can become an addiction very quickly.

If you end up going down that rabbit hole though, I defintely recommend that you consider merging some of your packages together. It's still something I'm experimenting with, but from what I've read, it's not the size of the packages that slows down your game, but the number of them you have.

I've mainly been merging CC of the same type, by the same creator together. (ie Female Hair by Aharris00Britney) so that if something breaks or needs to be updated, it should be fairly easy to find.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    So very cute! Congrats on your first CC!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    @mcrudd

Oh but of course :-) One CC first, then a couple more, then CC FOR REAL, then mods :-)

Hahahaha no no no, I will be ok :) I think this will be my first and last, she does make my little babies look addorable, even the little aliens has sparkles in their eyes <3
    jqdQGHI.png
    I don't know whether to be happy for you, or pity you for finally getting into CC. :lol:

I mean I'm super glad that your first ever cc download from somebody else is enjoyable for you. :smile: But.... downloading CC can become an addiction very quickly.

If you end up going down that rabbit hole though, I defintely recommend that you consider merging some of your packages together. It's still something I'm experimenting with, but from what I've read, it's not the size of the packages that slows down your game, but the number of them you have.

I've mainly been merging CC of the same type, by the same creator together. (ie Female Hair by Aharris00Britney) so that if something breaks or needs to be updated, it should be fairly easy to find.

naaaaaa I will be good, I was super bad with sims 2, and very good with sims 3 so sure I can be good with sims 4 too. I think this will be it ;) I am stroooong <3
    BLrVKHa.png
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    So very cute! Congrats on your first CC!

Thank you very much <3 Its the cutest little baby skin tones ever.
    @mcrudd

Two words: Toddler Clothes :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    @mcrudd

Two words: Toddler Clothes :-)

hahahaha :D I am strong, just won't go look hahahahaha
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

I was planning to make a similar statement. You beat me to it!
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    @sunblond Excellent :-)

@mcrudd I'll just leave this here (I won't tempt you anymore, no worries :-) ).

gIr24jc.png
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    sunblond wrote: »

I was planning to make a similar statement. You beat me to it!

hahahaha great minds think alike ;)
    @sunblond Excellent :-)

@mcrudd I'll just leave this here (I won't tempt you anymore, no worries :-) ).

Cuteness overload <3 You know what might get me one day, its those yummy cookies you offered and also the amazing nurseries out there. I saw the super cute owl one on a players 100 baby challenge and immediately considered giving it a try hahahahah I did not, but it was pretty close ;)
    @mcrudd If memory serves many items in those nurseries are actually props. Basically you need a mod that makes bassinet invisible and then you need to put baby over that new bassinet. So yeah :-) As for the cookies - I'll bake some :-)
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    edited May 2021
    @mcrudd If memory serves many items in those nurseries are actually props. Basically you need a mod that makes bassinet invisible and then you need to put baby over that new bassinet. So yeah :-) As for the cookies - I'll bake some :-)

I helped a fellow simmer make adjustments to an invisible crib she was using. It had a teddy bear she did not want to show. I tested it with a cc crib for cavebabies when I made the cavebaby outfits here. But as soon as it worked, I deleted the package and posted it on mediafire for her <3 It did look cute though the cavebabycrib :D

dH8ghJf.png

mmmm is that cookies baking I smell :p
    Hi simmers, just a heads up. Purplebex has updated her newborn skintones <3
    https://purplebex.tumblr.com/post/712508272581771264/newborn-replacement-v3-compatible-with-the-infant

I am using B the Dynastid eyes :)

Here is a pic to show the difference. The top babies are Purplebex skintones and the bottom ones are Maxis ;)

4VkOfgV.png
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I can't see any difference between the two skin tones. Sorry. :|
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I used to download TONS of CC, most of which ended up looking terrible and making my game hard to manage. Now I only download from a select few creators who I know make very high quality stuff.