Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk about non-consentual alien abduction pregnancies...

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    We gonna be getting a stuff pack full of toggles at this rate.

Yup, we already have a game where nothing unusual happens unless you absolutely force it to happen which completely kills any sense of spontaneity or surprise. That’s why I think if TS5 is in the works they should just scrap it, they should stop making dlc for TS4 and just end it all here, because it’s not a game anymore because there’s no challenge and nothing to overcome, no reason to think on your feet which is the point of games.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I can't ever get this to happen in my game :( I suppose I can cheat but I want it to happen "naturally" :D AND Technically, it's a rabbit hole occurrence so you don't really know that said abducted didn't fall in love up there and have a baby willingly now do you. Just sayin'. Don't be so offended. Just get a mod to stop it.

The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited May 2021
    Abduction by aliens has been in the Sims games since Sims 2 and then there were wiki pages on how to get them abducted. It's far too late to complain of something like this.

I find vampires drinking blood horrific and hate zombies with a passion but they are/were part of the game, being earthly beings, more likely. I just avoid them in the games.

I can see that Sims 5 will not be worth buying at all if all of what we find fun in the Sims games are "cancelled"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2021

and honestly id still buy it while being annoyed its not update

because the freaking toggles are needed for everything and if it had toggles for everything that would be game changing truly

especially if it included toggle to disable random townies from existing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    @TOLKIEN - Alien abduction has been in TS4 since it's implementation how many years ago. Why are you complaining about it now? Is it because you've recently seen other people complain about something in TS4 and Maxis kowtowing to them by removing the "offending" feature, so you now want to get in on that power move?

I myself was a victim of sexual child abuse. It's really about how a person of child abuse deals with that trauma and not the game's responsibility to cater to me. I don't see alien abductions in the game as offending or triggering though because there could be a hundred different reasons why it occurred. There could be good reasons or funny reasons it happened just as well as bad and dark reasons - it's really all in the player's mind. So if it seems like it's not consensual to you, it's because that is what is coming out of your mind - not the game or the devs.

If I did find the feature offensive though for whatever reasons, I would not shame Maxis in taking it out just for me - I would simply avoid it in the game or ask for a toggle. No need to rain fire and brimstone on Maxis to shame them into removing anything. You have to think about the other people who play this game as well. It's not all about you or the victims you purport to protect.

PS: Sexual child abuse IS very damaging, but a person can grow strong past that trauma. Advocating to remove alien abduction from TS4 won't help that at all and could just prevent them from dealing with the real issue.

If this is a sandbox game, it's up to those playing it to invite or avoid those interactions that they don't want. This is why I always keep two Saves every time frequently, to go back to the 2nd Save and avoid them.
  • CaptainNinjaPantsCaptainNinjaPants Posts: 17 Member
    Ummm....Alien abductions and pregnancies have been a thing since the Sims 2 and from the looks of it the OP sounds like a new player that hasn't played past games or if they have they forgot about it being a thing. The Sims has always had wacky aspects to it and it's not to be taken seriously. It was never supposed to be a realistic game to begin with. I think OP is looking for drama where there is none. Plus I feel like if we take out aliens or rather any occult (because vampire could fall under OP's logic about consent) then the game would be so bland."
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Dear Maxis. Give folks a toggle to disable alien abductions. Done.

Indeed, alien abduction, male pregnancy...it’s all as weird as it can get.
    It’s also totally acceptable in The Sims.

So, again, dear Maxis, I say this with all due respect:

!!! DON’T YOU DARE TO NERF THIS FEATURE !!!

THIS!!!

I seriously don't even know what else to say anymore. I just can't with the excessive sensitivity...

And devs, while you're at it, can you also add a toggle to Vampire break-in feeding so that my Vampires can actually do what they were originally programmed to do and break into Sim houses at night and feed on sleeping mortals?

If anything else gets nerfed I might have to put The Sims 4 away for a long while and walk away in disgust and let the delicates have their sanitized children's game.
    #Team Occult
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

THIS!!!

I seriously don't even know what else to say anymore. I just can't with the excessive sensitivity...

And devs, while you're at it, can you also add a toggle to Vampire break-in feeding so that my Vampires can actually do what they were originally programmed to do and break into Sim houses at night and feed on sleeping mortals?

If anything else gets nerfed I might have to put The Sims 4 away for a long while and walk away in disgust and let the delicates have their sanitized children's game.
    Honestly I asked the Gurus just to have a lot trait in the game to ward off all supernaturals and one to attract supernaturals. We should have an infertile lot trait too since we have a fertile trait. That way don't have to worry about any Sims getting pregnant with story progression while rotating.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited May 2021
    ^ I really like the idea about a 'Warded Property' trait and an opposite trait would be just as welcome. Could be put at any lot the player wants, residental or public. Would be so handy when I want to decide what areas the vampires has taken over, and which ones are safe. I of course assume your controlled Occults could ignore them or will there be a repercussion?

As for this alien abduction thing - I'm not a fan of it. I don't want any of my Sims to be abducted. I have no idea how much it has been nerfed already. And they better keep the feature in the game. I like to think that my Sims sleeps soundly and safe because of my hard work with the Satellite Dish. The alien abduction is a possible problem that I seemingly so far has managed to protect my Sims from. I want more of these things. Bad things that can happen, and for me to guide my families through the hardships as well as the happy moments.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ^ I really like the idea about a 'Warded Property' trait and an opposite trait would be just as welcome. Could be put at any lot the player wants, residental or public. Would be so handy when I want to decide what areas the vampires has taken over, and which ones are safe. I of course assume your controlled Occults could ignore them or will there be a repercussion?

As for this alien abduction thing - I'm not a fan of it. I don't want any of my Sims to be abducted. I have no idea how much it has been nerfed already. And they better keep the feature in the game. I like to think that my Sims sleeps soundly and safe because of my hard work with the Satellite Dish. The alien abduction is a possible problem that I seemingly so far has managed to protect my Sims from. I want more of these things. Bad things that can happen, and for me to guide my families through the hardships as well as the happy moments.
    Yeah it would help with future supernaturals that can be developed for the game too. I don't think lot traits are utilized enough, so would be nice to have more options for them. I just like having complimentary lot traits. I said it would be cute to have an animal lover lot and an allergies lot.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »

THIS!!!

Honestly I asked the Gurus just to have a lot trait in the game to ward off all supernaturals and one to attract supernaturals. We should have an infertile lot trait too since we have a fertile trait. That way don't have to worry about any Sims getting pregnant with story progression while rotating.

Yes, I wanted these lot traits as well, regarding Occults. It's kind of like a toggle but more fine tuned for each situation and lot.
    #Team Occult
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited May 2021
    Your playing a game with little people that don't give consent to anything! You, the player, is the one that controls and gives consent. Did your sim consent to the hairstyle, clothes, eye color, or food you make them eat or did you just choose it for them? This has gotten so ridiculous, the overly sensitive pc cultrue is killing this game and stripping everything out of it. It won't be long until the only thing you can do is just stand around in the game.
    giphy.gif

• mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    It was hilarious in Sims 2 but I never played with it. Aliens hold no interest for me and in Sims 4, they're just weird looking multi-colored sims.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Well I guess Maxis needs a ton of toggles. sigh

I personally want to some day get a sim that hates children dazed to try for baby. It's no different than torturing and killing sims without their consent. Or having a sim cheat on their spouse. That other spouse didn't consent to that. I know those are initiated in regards to alien abduction but having quirky things happen in sims is awesome. Then again that's my opinion. I'm sorry if I'm off topic or all over the place.
    -
    @LiELF I was wondering why vampires will show up to my sim's house standing all dopey at the door these days. I'm like why are you not going inside attacking my sim.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    Maybe just a few toggles, Child or Adult, with possibly one called Extreme! Like my TV company, requiring a 4 number code to be viewed/played.

(I must admit that I should have been triggered by drownings in pools from the Original game on as my younger brother was drowned in one when I was 16 but it just didn't happen. I didn't use it but killed Sims off in closed rooms with a firework).
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

R
    This!!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Well I guess Maxis needs a ton of toggles. sigh

I personally want to some day get a sim that hates children dazed to try for baby. It's no different than torturing and killing sims without their consent. Or having a sim cheat on their spouse. That other spouse didn't consent to that. I know those are initiated in regards to alien abduction but having quirky things happen in sims is awesome. Then again that's my opinion. I'm sorry if I'm off topic or all over the place.
    -
    @LiELF I was wondering why vampires will show up to my sim's house standing all dopey at the door these days. I'm like why are you not going inside attacking my sim.

Lol 😂 don’t mind me, just setting all my TS4 toggles before I hop into the game.

ryzyqxb.gif
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    @Pamtastic72 Thats why IMO just making the "Investigate strange light" interaction cancellable and the satellite dish available in build buy and usable by all is the best solution. Those who who enjoy being probed by aliens can be probed to their hearts content, those who don't can cancel the action or tell the aliens to shove off totally.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    I'm actually surprised the ESRB lets them get away with a T rating in the base game. With all the woohoo and alien sexual assault it should definitely be rated M.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited May 2021
    Lazzial wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised the ESRB lets them get away with a T rating in the base game. With all the woohoo and alien sexual assault it should definitely be rated M.

@Lazzial The Sims 4 has no blood or nudity or p*rnographic and explicit imagery. It only features sexual themes. M ratings are reserved for much more explicit games. The Sims 4 is nothing. It's even rated G in some European countries.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member

@Lazzial The Sims 4 has no blood or nudity or p*rnographic and explicit imagery. It only features sexual themes. M ratings are reserved for much more explicit games. The Sims 4 is nothing. It's even rated G in some European countries.

What you're describing would be rated A+ adults only. The M rating specifically says "sexual content". Just because it's not explicit in the game doesn't mean it's not there because we all know it is.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited May 2021

What's the saying? "Shut up and take my money!"

If they coded it so that our choices are per save, I'd even pay the full EP price. (Because someone will always go "But why did you buy GTW/Vampires if you don't like aliens/vampires? Can't you read the product description!!!" and not understand that one might need a feature in one save, but not in another.)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    What you're describing would be rated A+ adults only. The M rating specifically says "sexual content". Just because it's not explicit in the game doesn't mean it's not there because we all know it is.

No, you are mistaken. The ESRB rates games. They apply the standard. They DEFINE the standard. And sexual *themes* are rated T. Nor does is matter which genders are smootching. The degree of explicit content defines the rating. Sims kiss. Then veiled, sparkly-heart "woohoo" happens. It's T-rated.

We don't know what Alien pollination of Sims involves. But it is asinine *not* to object to it, over the six years since Get To Work has been in game, let alone however long Alien abduction has been a theme in The Sims, and then *suddenly* discover an objection, coincidentally after a Trait has been modified, concerns raised, and modifications changed for valid reason.

This entire thread is a stalking horse for an argument the OP can't make openly without saying the sorts of things Community guidelines forbid, and it's sketchy.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top