Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Reputation Rating

HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
I like the idea of building a family reputation based on traits, reputation from the celebrity system, relationships and career.

This system can be used to boost relationships, retail ratings, skills, gifts and potentially being invited to elite-like events.

There could be occasional notifications discussing the family’s new reputation, new bundles of joy, careers, fame, and rumors.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    YES. I've been thinking about this for such a long time. It would make a great addition to a future Sims game. Not sure they can pull it off with this one.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Absolutely not, and I would not buy a pack with a feature like that included unless there was a toggle added for it. Given that Get Famous reputation system does not have one, that might be unlikely. The reputation system in GF works the requested way, just per individual sim, so more work is required, if not shunned.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2021
    Life won't be simple with the Landgraab name due to the bad reputation of this family.
    That's why Johnny Zest changed his name.

This reputation was mainly built by the Malcolm's actions.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Royal/Noble descendants could have a historical reputation.

The family reputation could be influenced by :
    • Good / Evil actions : Volunteer, donation, hacking, pickpocketing, threatening
    • History (Royal and founders): Gunther Goth founded Pleasantview
    • Property : Family fund, retail lots, restaurant lots, business investment
    • Career : For example Politician, Criminal and Business have a negative reputation
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    HimRumi wrote: »
    I like the idea of building a family reputation based on traits, reputation from the celebrity system, relationships and career.

This system can be used to boost relationships, retail ratings, skills, gifts and potentially being invited to elite-like events.

There could be occasional notifications discussing the family’s new reputation, new bundles of joy, careers, fame, and rumors.

What do you guys think?

I disagree. I prefer for my Sims to interact with whoever I want them to interact with.

• Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I would totally love having a family empire. Haha. You could easily create a mafia too with this kind of system. It would definitely give people more options for families besides the typical family setup. I'm so bored with families these days. There is no sort of family legacy you leave behind since the memory system is basically non-existent. The idea of people being terrified of a kid because their family are criminals or having sims trying to take pictures/following/fawning over a different kid because their family is royalty or a celebrity.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    A family seeking Power and Influence would be a source of admiration, jealousy and conspiracy.

I probably watched too much "The Young and the Restless"
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I would find this interesting and enjoy the idea, but I am not 100% sure how they would do it in a fulfilling way. It makes sense it would influence and be influenced by individual reputations, but I wouldn't want Sims to be locked by heritage either. I also hesitate to go full Get Together on it, though that would allow many perks and family control.

I don't know. I like the idea, but depending on the details I could possibly hate it. I would have to see how it looks.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    dg51829 wrote: »
    I would totally love having a family empire. Haha. You could easily create a mafia too with this kind of system. It would definitely give people more options for families besides the typical family setup. I'm so bored with families these days. There is no sort of family legacy you leave behind since the memory system is basically non-existent. The idea of people being terrified of a kid because their family are criminals or having sims trying to take pictures/following/fawning over a different kid because their family is royalty or a celebrity.

You could use Get Together's club system to build situations similar to these. I've done it before for story purposes. Otherwise family play in general bores me to... boredom. Ahem.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)