Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Age Pets Down?

So it has been a while and I was wanting to make a foal/kitten/puppy, but CAP obviously doesn't do that. Is there a known vanilla way to age pets down a stage?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    I did a bit of googling and it looks like there is no way to age a pet down to kitten, puppy iir foal. But someone reported cheating the pet (or sim?) A lot of lifetime happiness points and used them to buy a clone voucher. They used the voucher to clone the pet cat and got a kitten.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    For storytelling purposes I've also made puppy clones of dogs by forcing a pregnancy with themselves (MasterController or the Pregnancy Progress Controller) but it doesn't make a perfect clone of them either? At least when aging to adulthood. Puppies change a lot IRL so I just ignore any differences at that age.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I considered the clone voucher, but just out of curiosity, what are the cloning imperfections?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I considered the clone voucher, but just out of curiosity, what are the cloning imperfections?
    I have nonidea.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited May 2021
    Calico45 wrote: »

Differences in the coat. Clone voucher puppies often get random brown spots. I do have screenshots but I'm not at home.

EDIT: @rednenemon saves the day once again for me, donor dog:

fDas1cC.jpg

Clone, note the brown on her back that her donor doesn't have plus some missing black spots:

4T7kQA7.jpg
    Post edited by InfraGreen on
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited May 2021
    I know you can only make kittens/puppies in CAS on the Console versions of TS3 Pets but I still know from experience you can put puppies and kittens into CAS two ways

1. download a puppy/kitten to your CAS bin and select them from there, then make edits as you want.
    2. Use Nraas' master-controller and "edit in cas" on an adopted puppy/kitten in game, edit them as you want from there on.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    I know you can only make kittens/puppies in CAS on the Console versions of TS3 Pets but I still know from experience you can put puppies and kittens into CAS two ways

1. download a puppy/kitten to your CAS bin and select them from there, then make edits as you want.
    2. Use Nraas' master-controller and "edit in cas" on an adopted puppy/kitten in game, edit them as you want from there on.

That is a good suggestion. I could probably use a clone voucher and then cheat the puppy/kitten/foal into CAS and save it.