Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Temporarily removing expansion packs?

Is it possible, and how is it done? I can only find info on deleting packs entirely, but I don't want to do that I just want to be able to turn off, or remove packs temporarily and then add them back in when my PC isn't being so frustratingly slow. It's been a month since I've been able to play the Sims at all, because of lagging and computer hanging issues. I'll be upgrading to a new system soon, but in the meantime I would like to be able to play the Sims in some form.
Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2021
    To disable a Sims 4 Pack of your choice, right click on The Sims 4 in your Game Library and select “Game Properties”. Select the “Advanced Launch Options” and write the following in the Command line arguments:

Add -disablepacks:
    Write down the pack code by the order of its release. If, for example, you want to disable Spa Day Game Pack, write GP02. If you want to disable City Living, add EP03 and so on..
    If you want to play only with the Base Game, enter the following:
    -disablepacks:EP01,EP02,EP03,GP01,GP02,GP03,GP04,GP05,SP01,SP02,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP06,SP07,SP08,SP09,SP10,SP11

You can disable multiple packs by separating pack codes with a comma.

7514-D8-A7-096-E-4863-8-C10-706502284-F28.png

Source: https://simscommunity.info/2017/03/22/the-sims-4-how-to-disable-packs/
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @Chazzzy Thank you so much :)

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited May 2021
    I also use the method mentioned by @Chazzzy.

If you are struggling with finding the right numbers for your packs, you can go to the site in the link below and simply click the packs you want to disable. It gives you the text you can copy paste into the origin settings.
    https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Thanks so much for the help, really appreciated. :) I installed another Windows update and now the game is working again, sort of, just barely - it's playable now at least. I'll still keep the pack removal up my sleeve in case it decides to spit the dummy again at some stage, which I'm sure it will, at least until I get a better computer. Thanks muchly again though. :)