Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot see inside my active Sim's house

1 Sim day ago, I got a pop-up saying I could choose whether or not to send my roommates on a vacation for 2 days, so I did. Then just a moment ago, my teen Sim was inside her house about to use her phone to throw a party, and all of a sudden the roof popped up on the screen and when I clicked on her to center her on my screen, I found I was unable to see my Sim nor see inside the house at all. My household consisted of a teen Sim (killed dad at beginning of game using MC Total Annihilation), and 2 non-active young adult roomies.
I tried resetting my lot, resetting the Sim, and I read that I should move my Sim household out of the house, and move it back in. First I decided to dismiss my roommates (don't want adults at the party) then I tried that, but no luck. Happened again a few minutes ago.
ANYWAY... Does anyone know if resetting certain items in the home does this? Sometimes my doors stick open and never close. I think I remember resetting 2 of them around the time this happened.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    What does this is the Adults Get to Go On a Free Vacation scenario (it's from the Generations EP). It is broken in just about every way possible and the fact that your household has no adults in it, as formal roommates are NPCs and don't count, is most certainly not helping.

Our advice (at NRaas) has always been to avoid that scenario at all costs by just saying NO!, or at the very least have a save from before the vacation ready to revert to if things should go all wrong. My recommendation would be to wave the white flag of surrender and revert gameplay to such a save.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
    Thanks Igazor :) I backup most of my saves so I was able to go to a point before they went on vacation, and doing that cleared the glitch right up.