Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University degree effect on existing career

I know a sim will start at level 7 or 8 if already graduated from Uni with a top result.

But if the sim already has a job, will the final degree then cause a promotion up to the same level, or is the gain better if starting the career a new?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You won't get an automatic promotion and I don't think you'll get the other benefits either. Best choice is probably to quit and start the career over. That will get you a signing bonus and ensure that you get the higher pay and faster vacation days that you've earned.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You have to quit and make sure your new job has that little green logo on it (or read the job description) to make sure this job actually gives the degree benefits.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Thanks both! Then she'll quit her old job. I'll just pretend she got a new and better job with another employer :) Not graduated yet, so there's time to fix it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ThaPhoenix1ThaPhoenix1 Posts: 132 Member
    I don't know if you use mods, but if you do, you could get Kuttoe's Career Overhaul Suite. It adds such requirements for job promotions to the game. :)