Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchases From TS3 Store Won’t Install

I couldn’t afford things in the store when the game first came out but have recently made a few purchases: the dairy cow set (sorry, I forgot the actual name), chocolate fountain and country living set. They’re in my downloads folder but won’t install. Fails and asks me to make sure the game is updated. I now own TS3 through Steam... Help?

Comments

• Options
    DameGiggsyDameGiggsy Posts: 416 Member
    Aha, it’s the farm fresh folk set!
  • Options
    DameGiggsyDameGiggsy Posts: 416 Member
    Update: Now the game won’t launch; I find this odd as it was working perfectly last night. (Again, I now own via Steam.) “There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details”.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    The Steam version is 1.67 and the Origin version is 1.69. I think you need 1.69 to download from the store. Don't quote me on this because I'm not sure but that difference may have something to do with it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Players on Patch 1.67 may require the Store Patches as the Launcher no longer delivers them automatically. But that shouldn't be preventing the game from starting up, just possibly maybe sometimes the installation of new store content. I would suggest pulling the TS3 user game folder out of Documents for safekeeping and seeing if you can get the game running and then maybe the content installed on the fresh game folder that will spawn to take its place.

@Meela_Pasht - Sorry, but that is not correct. Patch 1.69 is for Origin/Windows players. The other current patches are 1.67 (retail disc with no Origin; Steam; 32-bit Mac) and 1.70 (64-bit Mac). The store is a viable option to use for all of them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    @igazor Thanks. I wasn't sure however I did say that the 1.67 was for steam and 1.69 for Origin. I am not a mac user so I don't know. :smile: You are always helpful and again, thank you.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.