Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beards.

2...Next

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Lol perfect example ⬆️🙄

Back to my previous point they’ve always held onto body hair for werewolves in previous iterations, but nobody seems fussed for werewolves..

Oh, I'm plenty fussed for werewolves.

I don't think The Sims has ever really done them justice, gameplay-wise, and I wonder if that's why we haven't seen them.
    What can you really do with them? Join a pack? Get Together covers that.

You can't have them maul people, all you can really do is the Sims 3 method of making them funny animal-people who chew the furniture and can sniff out collectibles--except collectibles in TS4 are found in set locations, it's the loot that's randomized, not the location. So you don't need a special werewolf power to find them, because they're always in the same place.

So what else can they even do?
    wJbomAo.png
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2021
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Lol perfect example ⬆️🙄

Back to my previous point they’ve always held onto body hair for werewolves in previous iterations, but nobody seems fussed for werewolves..

Oh, I'm plenty fussed for werewolves.

I don't think The Sims has ever really done them justice, gameplay-wise, and I wonder if that's why we haven't seen them.
    What can you really do with them? Join a pack? Get Together covers that.

You can't have them maul people, all you can really do is the Sims 3 method of making them funny animal-people who chew the furniture and can sniff out collectibles--except collectibles in TS4 are found in set locations, it's the loot that's randomized, not the location. So you don't need a special werewolf power to find them, because they're always in the same place.

So what else can they even do?

I would totally use clubs to form a pack, I'm not sure what you mean by "get together covers that", there are no werewolves in the game therefore I can't use clubs to form a pack?

Personally I don't care much about mauling, but I would like them to autonomously change into their were form during full moon and it wouldn't be too bad for other sims to react negatively to a werewolf prancing around in their were form the same way they react negatively to vampire hissing. I'm not sure how that can be implemented without moon circle so a moon circle needs to be created. I also would like for the vampires and werewolves to be "opposite" there is opposite attract function in sims already and it would be neat if it was applied to these two groups. Maybe have werewolves to be able to talk to the pets and other animals, have them always recognize other occult for what they are, so a mermaid or an alien can't hide from a werewolf. There is a reward that allows sims to recognize other sim traits, maybe that could be their inborn ability too. They also could have heighten fit ability and a mood swing penalty the same way mages have their charge meter. I'm sure there are more they could do.

Oh and back on topic, do you think cottage living will have new beard? I think these two are new?

1kIWbfo.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Those beards look new to me they either have to be base game or in this pack and I don't think I've seen either of them in game they look to high quality to be base game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PepperDee101PepperDee101 Posts: 9 New Member
    I also want a chin goatee SO BAD. Not a full chinstrap, just a small patch of hair on the chin, like the mustache-soul patch-chinpatch... EEven just that separated, or a little bushier. I think it'd also be cool if stubble was applicable under full-hair beards
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Can't agree more, We really need more beard and masculine!!!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    And body hair. ;)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited June 2022
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I'd actually really like beards to be set up so you can mix and match multiple parts. Does that make sense? Do beards works like that? Lol I don't know I just always want to use the stubble as an underneath layer. Maybe it would look bad under a mustache but I'll never know because I can't put them together.

In Sims 2 you could have stubble and a beard or moustache. I did that with my male sims a lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    And body hair. ;)

You wish come true now XD
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Agreeing with so many points here, masculinity is the most erased gender expression for male sims in TS4.

I still play mostly male sims regardless of how few options they have compared to female sims, though.

One thing I would fix about beards, is in sims3, the way they grow almost straight across from the mustache instead of angling down, then following the jawline better, showing more cheek. They look so bad. At least sims4 beards have a better one shape.

Have enjoyed a mod that makes facial hair slowly grow, so the Sim has to shave, or else get stubble, then the stubble becomes a beard over time.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg