Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List Your Pack Ideas Here!

Comments

• Options
    Clbowman0406Clbowman0406 Posts: 9 New Member
    I’d really love to play more. I build mostly and I’ve really been wanting to integrate it into gameplay. Like build buildings/houses and then sell or rent them. It is a simulation game and builders would love to get in on the action! Dream Home Decorator has me excited about the possibilities of bringing builders more into gameplay! I’d love to see this expanded upon. I’d love for this to be an expansion pack with a new world with a lot of blank lots. I would play the actual gameplay more if I could incorporate more building into it :)
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I’d really love to play more. I build mostly and I’ve really been wanting to integrate it into gameplay. Like build buildings/houses and then sell or rent them. It is a simulation game and builders would love to get in on the action! Dream Home Decorator has me excited about the possibilities of bringing builders more into gameplay! I’d love to see this expanded upon. I’d love for this to be an expansion pack with a new world with a lot of blank lots. I would play the actual gameplay more if I could incorporate more building into it :)

Yes I love building and gameplay equally and dream home decorator seems like a fun pack to me since it incorporates both. But unfortunately more packs for builders seem to anger non builders lol

But anyways I'm thinking of a real estate pack. Maybe not a game pack. I think a stuff pack would be good. Basically a career where you can sell houses. Maybe you could flip them too. That would be so fun. The HGTV fan in me is excited lol.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    @maggiemae8135 I really love that idea! I have been thinking about getting the Sims Medieval and if that pack became a thing I wouldn't need to :D.

@Clbowman0406 That pack would be really cool :). I would like a world similar to Newcrest, because I have basically filled it in one of my saves :D.

@kaiwrysims A real estate pack would be super cool :o. Flipping and then selling houses would make an awesome pack!
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    kemowery wrote: »
    Things I think should be patched in:

Revamping skills for toddlers and children. Toddlers go back to TS2 mode, where they need to be taught to walk, talk, and use the potty, but that's it. Children learn regular skills, but they might need child-friendly items to practice on, like an EZ Bake oven to learn cooking or baking. Eliminate/revamp the childhood aspirations.

More activities for children. Give kids lots of games to play with each other, items, and activities.

Non-reciprocal relationships. Let my sim be madly in love with a sim while having that sim not know who they even are. (For instance.)

Couples dancing.

Classify any home as "residential," "rental," or "vacation." Being able to make a vacation home in any world with a residential lot is nice, but let's go all the way with it. Let sims buy apartments. Let players build apartments. Let my sims rent a house to live in. Let my sims live in any world, even the vacation worlds.

Cars. Even without an open world, having good-looking cars that sims can sit in and drive away from and onto lots with would be nice.

Better time management. Running to a hot dog restaurant to get dinner shouldn't be an activity that takes an entire evening. Everything in the game takes way too long.

Switches for occult life states and for open or closed neighborhoods. Maybe I don't want vampires in my game, but do want ghosts. Or maybe I want Mt. Komorebi sims to stay in Mt. Komorebi. Let me choose.

Create-A-World. Let me make green, snowy, desert, city, whatever worlds, decide what lots are on them, where streets are (or if there are streets), what decorations there are. Let me set the weather specific to each world.

Packs I wish they'd made instead of what we got:

Spooky Living: One big pack that has an overcast, gloomy neighborhood, but big, rather than just five lots. Pack includes fully skill-treed vampires, werewolves, and ghosts, plus a graveyard lot type where you can place urns and tombstones, and explore a crypt like in TS3.

Sci-Fi Living: A full pack of futuristic clothing and builds, with fully skill-treed aliens, alien abductions, and a time machine item like the one from TS3 where you can go in, have an adventure, and maybe come back with new outfits or items or even new sims. Include an alien world. Could be Sixam, could be Lunar Lakes, whatever.

Country Living: Build and CAS styles that work for rural, Old West, or cottagecore. Livestock, farmer's markets. Horses as transport or pets. Include unicorns as special horses.

Fairy Tale Living: Medieval B/B and CAS. Faeries and Spellcasters, fully skill-treed. Ambitions that recreate fairy tales. A separate world that's very medieval/Disney's Magic Kingdom in style. Sword fighting.

Ocean Living:Fully skill-treed mermaids. Diving. Underwater lots and building. Houseboats.

Base Game Careers: Not a pack, but I just wish they'd gone with all careers having not just the rabbithole, but all having either the option to play the career or a work from home option, depending on the career.

Stuff Packs: Stuff packs should be fairly robust B/B and CAS sets, focusing on the clothing, furniture, and architecture of specific eras, regions, or cultures. If you don't want '50s stuff, or Russian stuff, or Goth stuff, you just don't buy it.

Game Packs: Game packs should add new gameplay. Maybe, but not necessarily, a new career. Some sort of guided branching story with quests. A new world/secret lot for that story. So a murder mystery might just take place in a big secret lot that's a mansion, but an Egyptian Adventure set would have a whole new world with a secret lot to represent the various tombs you'll be exploring, or if you want you can just live in the Egyptian world and not bother with the story.

I like the idea of a Fairytale World, I am thinking "Ever After High" world with Royals, those wanting to stay true to their already made fairytale destinies and Rebels, who want to choose their own "fairytale" destiny. And there being destinies to choose from the fairytales "Cinderella", "Snow White", "Pinocchio", "Red Riding Hood", etc. I agree we need cars too. I don't think we need a Medieval/Disney style world. If I wanted a Disney-style fairytale, I would rent the movies or have them on Netflix. And plus, Disney pretty much owns everything. I prefer the Mattel route, by making it a choice for Sim owners to CHOOSE whether or not their sim is a Royal or a Rebel or both (a Roybel).

In case you haven't heard of Ever After High, here are some links:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ever_After_High
    https://royal-rebel-pedia.fandom.com/wiki/Characters_of_Ever_After_High
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • Options
    pblazinpblazin Posts: 1 New Member
    Teens go to prom
    Teen driving permit
    Sleepovers/ prank phone call, truth or dare, spin the bottle, 7 mins in heaven
    School picture day/ come home with pictures in inventory
    Mechanic skill/ rebuild car from scratch
    Mow lawn
    Junk mail in mailbox
    I have the Sims Loans mod and it's stupid EA didn't do it originally
    University UNacceptance
    Pool Slides
    Swimming ability skill
    Even if they're only rabbitholes, I want my sims to have a reason to wear gowns or tuxedos
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Two that I would love to have:

Hotel game pack. Being able to own your hotel, hire reception staff, a bell hop and maids. New items could include a buffet table, reception desk, hotel furniture and an afternoon tea set. Your sim would be able to check in on guests (like how you do in dine out) and be able to offer a free night's stay or a complimentary meal. Your sim would have to deal with complaints like beds being too uncomfortable, room service being too slow or too much noise from the other rooms (like in City Living) which would affect the overall rating of the hotel. This pack would work well with Dine Out, Get to Work and Spa Day.

A theatre pack to go along with our actors in Get Famous but on the theatre side of things rather than TV/movies. New theatre lot type, new costumes, clothing and wigs. New career to be a thespian, audition for plays and live perform them (like how you do in get famous but it's a play). Sims low in their acting skill will forget their lines, trip on stage and walk the wrong way which gives an embarrassing moodlet and a confident one if they do good. Also new careers director and stage hand (maybe also an active career?). Sims can also visit the theatre and watch plays and operas. Depending on traits & the play/opera they could get buffs that make them flirty, happy or bored after watching one. Of course you can earn fame.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    @EliteGirl Thank you for the links! I have never heard of Ever After High before so they really helped me :D. I really like your idea of destinies and fairytales, I think it would be really fun to play with :).

@pblazin I have been hoping that they would add University Unacceptance in as a new patch :). It would be a new challenge for simmers and maybe they would appreciate the pack more :D. Sleepovers would be awesome too :o. We need a teen pack B).

@jheyjuneice Those are awesome ideas! I think performing plays/operas would be so fun!
    source.gif

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Here's what I still want:
    Fairies Pack
    Genies Pack
    Werewolves Pack
    Greek Mythology Pack
    Dark Ages Pack
    Alpha Centuri Pack
  • Options
    I agree with Serverfra on wanting a Greek Mythology pack and a Werewolves pack. I also think there needs to be an fairytale pack, an anime style pack, a superhero/supervillain pack too.
  • Options
    DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    I really want a version of Sims 3 Into the Future. That was my favorite pack from the Sims 3 and I would love to see it in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA Those are great ideas :). I really want genies back so I was excited to see that B).

@EliteGirl I agree with all of your ideas! You always come up with great packs :).

@DivaDogs Sims 4 Into the Future would be awesome! I really liked it in the Sims 3 so it would be cool to see in the Sims 4 :).
    source.gif

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want a Generation Pack with Tweens as a new life stage and also have more family gameplay like play boardgames, have a family reunion, just be together.
    Education pack for kids and teens like prom, have like pajama day, crazy hair day, teens can have they own style.
    Another Vacation pack
    A Wedding pack for more wedding stuff.
  • Options
    @Briana2425 I definetly think that we need Tweens in the game! Hopefully they will make it and playable babies a patch B). I think another vacation pack would also be awesome, as well as an education pack :).
    source.gif

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    TwinkiesLA wrote: »
    @Briana2425 I definetly think that we need Tweens in the game! Hopefully they will make it and playable babies a patch B). I think another vacation pack would also be awesome, as well as an education pack :).

Yes the babies I literally forget the babies because they are so non existent in the game that it's sad. Sims 2 had more gameplay with babies then Sims 4 how is that even possible.
  • Options
    AsheGreyAsheGrey Posts: 1 New Member
    idea for sims 4 clothing designer pack:

sims can have a freelance clothing designer career, they need a sewing machine and a dress form, or a mannequin.. to play sims can either sew on their own, or be hired for a gig where a client will tell them their likes and dislikes and what kind of garment they want.

once the player clicks on a sewing machine or dress form or mannequin they will be taken into CAS (with a mannequin/dress form, like in get to work) and will be able to choose parts of the garment to add together, like sleeves, bodice, buttons, zippers, if working on pants or a dress or skirt they can choose the length and style of the bottom. They can choose premade pallets for simple coloring or opt to use a color wheel (like how you can customize pets fur) to add specific colors and patterns.

the clothes will be finished once you exit CAS, and depending on your sewing skill the clothes will have a rating (horrible, bad, good, great, excellent) and the client can pay them based on if they like it or not (similar to dream home decorator)

if the sim is making it without a client they can choose to scrap it, sell it, take a picture of it, with photography they can model it or hire a model.

if they reach high enough level in the career they can gain fame (within the clothing community, it shouldn’t require get famous or get to work for this to work), and can eventually have their clothes be modeled on the runway.

ways this could be incorporated to work with other packs would be allowing this to be sold in retail shops, the photography career or skill, having famous sims sport your best looks, and having sims be able to use knitting to make garments without use of a sewing machine

i think this would be really cool and allow for more customizable clothes and more gameplay, and ties in to packs and skills we already have :)

misc details:
    -sims should have to buy fabric to be able to sew
    -sims could “thrift” for fabric via trash cans, curtains, hampers (if you have laundry day), rugs, or beds (bedsheets), if taken from furniture the furniture will be destroyed, and trash can fabric should be lesser quality
    -maybe a rabbit hole thrift store could be implemented, not just in this clothing pack? or even an online thrift store where you can get older furniture and clothing for cheaper than the usual price, at a lesser quality
    -this pack could even play into eco-lifestyle, for instance using faux leather and fur could be better for the ecosystem than real
    -with cottage living maybe you can gain wool for the llamas for sewing, and if you wanted to use real leather you could gain it from a cow, though not through killing them... that would be kinda graphic, maybe through a certain type of cow food? or if they die of old age you can gain it then (but we’re still not sure of the mechanics of object animals yet since the pack isn’t out yet)
    -speaking of cottage living, there appears to be embroidery! maybe sims with embroidery skills(?) could embroidery designs onto garments (which would appear as a new pattern being gained in the CAS menu, or like a “tattoo” you can choose for the garment)
  • Options
    @AsheGray Awesome idea! I can tell you put a lot of thought into the pack :). Also, I would love to design my sims clothes :D!
    source.gif

• Options
    @MichelleW came up with a great idea! It's this link over here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991536/dude-ranch-pack-idea
  • Options
    KrylentaKrylenta Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to see the a "Hoarders Kit" where when a sims inventory gets too cluttered they just start dropping stuff in corners and piles that you then have to go through to clean up the house, but I want this same kit to come with Collection Display Stands that have slots for each item, and for there to continuing updates to it with each new collection put out. So the poster stand would hold only posters, and there be a stand for frogs, and vegetables and bugs and fish and every other collection, even if they are broken down into smaller parts (gardening pt 1, pt 2 etc) That way you can see your entire collection and have it go down the generations. The display stuff now just doesn't do it justice.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    EliteGirl wrote: »

Thank you 😊
  • Options
    MichelleW wrote: »
    EliteGirl wrote: »

Thank you 😊

You're welcome. I hope people like it. I would get it, if I could.
  • Options
    @EliteGirl Thank you for sharing that! I especially love the horses and petting zoo :).

@Krylenta I would totally get a Horders Kit! We need Collection Stands :).
    source.gif

• Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    I would kind of like if they did a romance or love-centred pack. It's super specific but I also think it would be cool to have gameplay things that have to do w love for all age groups.

Kids could have their "first crush".

Events like a first date could be made important - sims could get "first date nerves" (and even get nauseous like they do before exams) .

More moodlets involved for romantic interaction.

More long-term sentiments for sims like elders who have been married for a long time, still having a first love sentiment for a sim even if they're broken up, a lustful undertone for a fling, etc.

Having a specific status for romantic relationships like "__ feels as though they aren't spending enough time together", or "__ is completely in love and happy with ___".

Gameplay objects/ideas could be online dating, matchmaker service, engagement and vow renewal parties, spin the bottle game, slow dancing, etc.

Children and teens could want to "show off" to impress their crushes. Building off that, a sim could use gum/mouth spray or put on cologne/perfume to impress someone.

There could be a countdown time for dates like there is for packing to leave a vacation or moving out of a dorm, except it's for the sims to get ready - and there would be an interaction on dressers/mirrors to "get ready for date" and choose which of their outfits to wear.

More CAS items for dates and weddings.

These are just a few ideas but I feel this would add a lot of depth to relationships!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I would kind of like if they did a romance or love-centred pack. It's super specific but I also think it would be cool to have gameplay things that have to do w love for all age groups.

Kids could have their "first crush".

Events like a first date could be made important - sims could get "first date nerves" (and even get nauseous like they do before exams) .

More moodlets involved for romantic interaction.

More long-term sentiments for sims like elders who have been married for a long time, still having a first love sentiment for a sim even if they're broken up, a lustful undertone for a fling, etc.

Having a specific status for romantic relationships like "__ feels as though they aren't spending enough time together", or "__ is completely in love and happy with ___".

Gameplay objects/ideas could be online dating, matchmaker service, engagement and vow renewal parties, spin the bottle game, slow dancing, etc.

Children and teens could want to "show off" to impress their crushes. Building off that, a sim could use gum/mouth spray or put on cologne/perfume to impress someone.

There could be a countdown time for dates like there is for packing to leave a vacation or moving out of a dorm, except it's for the sims to get ready - and there would be an interaction on dressers/mirrors to "get ready for date" and choose which of their outfits to wear.

More CAS items for dates and weddings.

These are just a few ideas but I feel this would add a lot of depth to relationships!

Speaking of weddings, there’s a wedding pack thread:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991520/wedding-pack#latest

Just letting you know.It has plenty of ideas in the thread. Such as cakes, rings or flowers, bridesmaid dresses, bride and groom outfits, and a few other suggestions. It’s worth checking out.
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    I would love a pack that improves the great celebrations of life. Improving weddings, adding bachelor/ette parties, maybe giving us propper funerals for the first time, etc. Those great life changes between generations are a big part of life and having my sims grandmother just turn into a pot of ash after her long life comes to an end just doesn't do justice to that in my experience : D I would also love to see other cultures represented, as weddings and funerals, etc, are very different around the world. What we currently have in the game is just a very western wedding and no other celebrations.
  • Options
    TuskorTuskor Posts: 13 New Member
    Werewolves and Mythical pack of Fairy's, elves, orcs, dwarves, centaurs. A pack with Castles. A plot of land with 12 64x64 slots side by side that everyone can make into a mall or some sort of epic creation. Im sure it would crash peoples games though. Quality of life upgrades to the base game. How about stuff from other Sims games that can be expanded and improved on.

I just want to see Werewolves, Orcs, Elves and Fairy's. The ability to make pointy ears without having to make a wizard or vampire. Orc under bite with teeth, Elves pointed ears, Fairies wings... well making a vampire with wings would be nice. A mermaid with wings is a thought. There just some ideas.