Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE let TS5 be more like TS2/TS3

spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
I really hope that EA and the developers of TS5 ( if there is one) take into consideration all the feedback in the last 7 years about TS4. TS4 is seriously lacking in "fun" and depth of the characters/game play. In TS2 the ghost were like ghost, not like faded out normal people. What is the point of having a ghost hang out the bar and just chat with them like a normal friend? No one is afraid of Vampires or has a reaction to them. There is no real emotion going on in TS4. There is no surprise and no range of personality really. Nothing really happens but the occasional lightning strike ( if You have seasons) or a fire now and then. I miss Zombies from the Sims3, being worried about the full moon, and My sims reaction to being scared by ghost. And lets not talk about flirting or woohoo, what a joke. This is dating for 12 year old's. TS2 was much better at this. Lets have a combination of TS/TS3 please! Do it for us long time gamers who have spent thousands of dollars on this game over the years. Slap a stricter label on it if You must. Like another post said, if someone does not like something in the game as far as traits, actions, or it bothers there beliefs then don't play that in Your game, toggle it off and make your own tame world. Another note: Please DO NOT make this an online multi player game! The core game will suffer so much if You do that. How hard is it to just listen to us and give us TS4 graphics with the game play of TS2/TS3. Now if everyone would just repeat this post or add comments and make it stand out We might "maybe" get somewhere with it. We can always hope.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I'm not holding my breath on TS5 being like games of the past. I wish they would, though. I'd love the old open world of TS3 with the gameplay if TS2, and CAS and build/buy modes of TS4. That would make me happy. However, I'm keeping my eyes on Paralives because they're considering many of the features from both games plus some new ones. And I'll wait for official word on TS5 because that's the one that I'm very curious to see the direction they go in.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I didn’t like the rabbit holes in TS3 and it’s instability. I didn’t play it for long. But I did love the Create a Style...... to me that was the best feature of the game. Open world was fine, but there were just too many rabbit holes for me.

I loved the Sims 2..... it was just something really special. The sims characters seemed so real. It was so in-depth. I want that back.

I hope they will take the best parts of each game when they make TS 5. I don’t want to see them rush it, and like you I wish it wasn’t!t going to be an online game, but, it looks like it is going to be.

I want the in indebtedness of TS 2, the depth of the characters made it so interesting, and the animations were brilliant. My children could play together in the sims 2 without toys, they could also play a game of volleyball in the back yard with more than 2 sims, please bring that back.

I loved Create a style in TS 3. I really want that back.I loved being able to make my sims furniture and clothes with create a style. I look at create a style as a must.

I love the multitasking in sims 4, and I like that it tries not to have so many rabbit holes. I love the look of the sims in TS 4, but would really love that color wheel back. I also like the fact that we can visit each world, and move to other worlds without losing our relationships in TS4..... one of the best things in TS 4 as I play rotationally and my characters are interlinked.

I hope TS5 has an option to have our sims go to an active workplace with every job, also for many a work at home option, and of course there needs to be the rabbit hole option too, as we can’t follow every sim in the household all the time, but we can rotate. I loved the 3 get to work careers with work places.

Also, I hope they bring back dressers that you have only the clothes you buy in them. I want to buy each piece of clothes ( jewelry, hats, shoes, socks, etc. ) for my sims rather than have clothes stuck in a slot for free. I want to mix and match pieces that they already own. They could have a jewelry box for jewelry etc. Part of the fun was buying clothes and dressing my sims! And creating my furniture.

And please, I don’t want to die of laughter in the Sims 5. Make the deaths a little more realistic please. And we definitely need Automobiles, school buses, taxi’s etc. I want to be able to build my own apartments, and run a business from home it I want, I want to buy clothes off a rack, not a mannequin.

An open world like TS 3 had would be nice, if they get rid of the rabbit holes.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry to say this but i doubt it all the info is in this thread on what is plan for the sims5 so far https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/989371/sims-5-sounding-worse-everyday/p1 now is the time to unite as simmers even if we all play diffrently to let ea know what long tikmes players went and put aside pass arguments on the game.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I'm not holding my breath on TS5 being like games of the past.

I think it's going to be everything this community hates. It's already confirmed they are focusing on social connections. It's going to be even more limited (in my opinion) being online, and IF there's an offline option, I think it's going to be even worse with limitations. Not to mention IF there's an offline option, they are probably going to limit certain items to online and really try to force you online if you want new content.

I don't have much hope to be honest from everything that's been confirmed. I'm going to enjoy TS4 as long as I can.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    A statement from Maxis would be nice, right now all that we hear are just worrying rumors. But I guess they are not allowed to say anything.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There is a good chance that the TS5 might be an online multiplayer game which is actually quite upsetting to me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    logion wrote: »
    A statement from Maxis would be nice, right now all that we hear are just worrying rumors. But I guess they are not allowed to say anything.
    I really don't think they have much choice either way with the direction of the franchise. If EA's CEO wants the Sims to go the MMO route, it is going to go that way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    I'm not too hopeful seeing the way EA is handling their other IPs. Besides, the thought of waiting years to get a seasons EP horrifies me.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I'm enjoying TS4 as much as I possibly can, as I am 99% sure this will be the last iteration I will be able to enjoy.

I have 1% hope that TS5 will be a great, single-player game.
    sorry to say this but i doubt it all the info is in this thread on what is plan for the sims5 so far https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/989371/sims-5-sounding-worse-everyday/p1 now is the time to unite as simmers even if we all play diffrently to let ea know what long tikmes players went and put aside pass arguments on the game.

Dang...I had no idea about that stuff other than they have spoken about a multiplayer type mode. Well, looks like it will be paralives for me, then.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited May 2021
    All they have to do is reboot The Sims 2 with everything they've learned from all four games and they will have gold.
    If they don't and create some kind of online, multi-player, social nonsense, they will open the door for Paradox: Tectonic to come in and it will be SimCity/Cities Skylines all over again.

And I really wouldn't mind that at all. :#
    Although, if Paradox does make a people simulator, I am concerned about how their "Cims" will look.
    I would like them be more like TS4 sims.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Sims Frachnise Discussion section. :)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Sims 2 and 3 are so different in my perception, that Sims 5 being like both of them is hard to imagine. Something like Sims 2 with all annoyances of Sims 3 *shudder*.

They seem to be really set on focusing on the social and competitive aspects in Sims 5, but I'm not sure if the wacky approach they took with Sims 4 will serve them well in such a game. At best I can see a Second Life for All Ages (what still can become a rousing success).
    Once the devs took their game more seriously, we could have an amazing online experience AND an offline singleplayer version as two different games. But I doubt that. I mean, they heard the players wanting dusting, for example, but instead of delivering just that, they thought "no, chores are tedious, certainly the players cannot really want that, they want it to be fun, now how can we make dusting fun and humorous?".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    OP, I have lost all hope for TS5. What you say is probably never going to happen. The fact remains what we want is just a pipe dream.

We know this now because of what they have said in interviews. Read the following statements (just recently) does this sound at all like what you are I or anyone else has requested such as the best of 1,2,3,and 4 combined. No, but a totally different direction from all four.

These are quotes most recently:

Interviewer: …I imagine as The Sims becoming more of a platform for creativity – it feels like an opportunity?

Laura Miele: Absolutely. And it’s us being able to create a framework and that players are actually gonna create these experiences and in the end its doing it together, doing it collaboratively. They are sharing, they could create marketplaces.

And this also stated by Laura Miele about the old The Sims Online:

I think 20 years later we learned a lot about how players interact, what motivates players, how players can come together co-operatively and so as you imagine as we think about the next generation of The Sims it’s SUPER important for us to have the best tools, the most flexibility and for players to really expand on their creativity, remix items and objects in the world. And then to do that together – I think that’s one of our biggest opportunities with The Sims is the social connection component that we need to bring to this brand and this franchise. The team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience.

ETA: Please note in that interview about the next generation of Sims, no where did she mention gameplay, the Sim or the way players play The Sims games. What she was focused on and says they are hard at work doing is creating tools for players to use a marketplace (aka money for EA) and the social connection of all that, aka money for EA.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would like to see the drama elements implemented and us having the option for playing multiplayer or not. I'd like the option of playing online or offline. I would like the team working on Sims 5 to be given ample time to create an amazing game with minimal issues, inclusion and representation for all that that Sims 4 lacks. Yes, representation is getting better but there is room for improvement. I'd like for EA to listen to simmers on what we really want not just the Game Changers. The Game Changers don't represent the majority of us playing. I haven't seen any African American or other minorities as Game Changers. LBGTQIA+ but not racial minorities. If we would have minorities as Game Changers I believe many of the issues that minorities have been complaining about for years would have been taken care of ASAP rather than over 5 years. I love challenges but a challenge isn't about playing a game competitively. The Sims is NOT a competitive game nor should it be. I hope that the team on Sims 5 keeps competition out of the Sims amongst us playing the game. I'd like to see them go forward rather than backwards with Sims 5. I'd like to see gameplay elements from Sims 2 and Sims 3 for Sims 5. Really Paralives is going to be serious competition and The Sims team really needs to mind their SWOT Analysis when creating Sims 5. Ask themselves. Will this cause those on the fence to walk away from the franchise altogether and they go to Paralioves never to return or can we get them to stay with our franchise offer something that goes beyond Paralives for Sims 5 learning from the mistakes made for Sims 4.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    drakharis wrote: »
    I would like to see the drama elements implemented and us having the option for playing multiplayer or not. I'd like the option of playing online or offline. I would like the team working on Sims 5 to be given ample time to create an amazing game with minimal issues, inclusion and representation for all that that Sims 4 lacks. Yes, representation is getting better but there is room for improvement. I'd like for EA to listen to simmers on what we really want not just the Game Changers. The Game Changers don't represent the majority of us playing. I haven't seen any African American or other minorities as Game Changers. LBGTQIA+ but not racial minorities. If we would have minorities as Game Changers I believe many of the issues that minorities have been complaining about for years would have been taken care of ASAP rather than over 5 years. I love challenges but a challenge isn't about playing a game competitively. The Sims is NOT a competitive game nor should it be. I hope that the team on Sims 5 keeps competition out of the Sims amongst us playing the game. I'd like to see them go forward rather than backwards with Sims 5. I'd like to see gameplay elements from Sims 2 and Sims 3 for Sims 5. Really Paralives is going to be serious competition and The Sims team really needs to mind their SWOT Analysis when creating Sims 5. Ask themselves. Will this cause those on the fence to walk away from the franchise altogether and they go to Paralioves never to return or can we get them to stay with our franchise offer something that goes beyond Paralives for Sims 5 learning from the mistakes made for Sims 4.

The difference in the two visions is the fact Paralives knows Simmers still want a single player, offline game. They say they are hard at work making their game mod friendly and cc friendly and allowing all that to be shared over on Steam's creative site thingy. EA is saying they want to make that possible but have a 'Marketplace' I guess where all that is sold to other players and they want to bring all that into The Sims with a social connection and competitiveness to it, and a co op thing to get it all done. That's the difference in these two companies, one is listening to the players and maybe try to bring some of what they want to a game they are building and the other is looking at cashing in on players' creativity and pushing some sort of multiplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member

Dang...I had no idea about that stuff other than they have spoken about a multiplayer type mode. Well, looks like it will be paralives for me, then.

I am going to have to check out this Para lives game. I have not heard about it until this thread. I have to admit I play a lot of xbox and I am not up on the latest PC games. I only Play Sims on PC bc I do not like any other EA PC games. I need look into what steam and other platforms have.
    spend4zen wrote: »

I am going to have to check out this Para lives game. I have not heard about it until this thread. I have to admit I play a lot of xbox and I am not up on the latest PC games. I only Play Sims on PC bc I do not like any other EA PC games. I need look into what steam and other platforms have.

There's some good information on Paralives. Just go to their website and they have a roadmap for the development cycle. What has me most excited is the stuff they show on their patreon. But there will be a video coming up of them using build mode to build a french chalet soon.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Does anyone know where/if You can purchase TS2? I am not even sure if You can run it on new Windows 10. If they would just go back to TS2 with the art style and building style of TS4 It would be perfect. I don't even mind the loading screens.
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited May 2021
    TS1 and TS2 were the golden eras of the Sims Franchise. TS3 was the revolutionary era. After that, the quality of franchise took a nose dive. For those that love TS4, good for you, but for myself and many others that grew up with the franchise, it doesn't bring the same fun, creativity, and enjoyment the past iterations do.

To me, it looks like EA is trying to erase the Sims' past. Why? When those games paved the way. Those game should be celebrated.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The ideal for me would be if they take the strengths of each game and put them together, TS4 has its faults but in many areas it's miles better than the other games. My expectations are low though, my biggest complaint with 4 is with how lacklustre and overpriced expansions are but I really don't see that ever changing unless by some miracle the sims franchise escapes from EA.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If sims 5 has in depth personality and character as ts2, open world, story progression and customization as ts3 and bb, cas and household manager as ts4 i'm in!👍