Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a Mermaid Kit or Stuffpack?

2...Next

Comments

• inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    I truly love Sulani and am a sucker for Mer's but when I tried to update a couple bits they are no longer fishtailing it around. My mermaids are broken. not to mention my sims, after this last April Update. The ocean is broken.

I can only imagine the carnage as much as I'd love additional stuff
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2021
    Star Wars Journey To Batuu is a little Alien Stuff part 2.

Mermaid content is possible if it can be used without them. Diving and underwater stuff are independent things.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

Mermaid content is possible if it can be used without them. Diving and underwater stuff are independent things.

Costumes are not the same thing as an improved alien lifestate, just fyi

That's like saying you don't need Dine Out, you can just dress up your Sim as a chef.
    wJbomAo.png
    edited May 2021
    But SimGuruGrant already told they won't repeat this mistake again : Pack for Pack.

The players always complain about content sold separately and accuse the studio cut it from the original pack.
    edited May 2021

Costumes are not the same thing as an improved alien lifestate, just fyi

At least with these costumes you can pretend that there are more than one alien civilization.
    In fact, these aliens have no specific power in Star Wars then no gameplay is required.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Mermaids is the reason I disabled the Island Living pack when I play from my laptop. Other elements of the pack are tolerable, but not having an occult turn off switch was a literal turn off.

^ kind of like how this sort of thing is all you ever have to say on everything that has anything occult in it is a literal turn off.

XD I swear you were abducted by aliens/mermaids/occults as a child.

On topic: I don't see them ever released this sort of thing to add to an occult that was already introduced in another pack, usually it's kind of "release a thing, forget about thing, move to next thing" with the sims 4 in general.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    edited May 2021
    Amavari wrote: »
    Mermaids is the reason I disabled the Island Living pack when I play from my laptop. Other elements of the pack are tolerable, but not having an occult turn off switch was a literal turn off.

^ kind of like how this sort of thing is all you ever have to say on everything that has anything occult in it is a literal turn off.

On topic: I don't see them ever released this sort of thing to add to an occult that was already introduced in another pack, usually it's kind of "release a thing, forget about thing, move to next thing" with the sims 4 in general.

Honestly, I understand their frustration AND yours! I'm not interested in occult either, I get enough of that from The Elder Scrolls, but I've looked at Packs like Island Living and Vampires and liked other things those packs have to offer and not bought them because I'm interested in having an "ideal, but not COMPLETELY fanciful" game. BUT I also don't like that other aspects get "dumbed down" for the sake of people like me. (That's why I don't buy them.) No player/playstyle is wrong here. Ultimately, I agree that the idea of Occult Toggles/Sliders are the way to go. It would make so many people happy on opposite ends of this argument. Seriously, if sliders/toggles were implemented, I would buy IL and Vampires straight away for the other things those packs offer. (Might buy IL anyway because of the good discussion on this thread.)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    DLC for DLC makes me sad.

I love mermaids and honestly if there was more to do with them they'd easily be my favorite occult. But I dont want to pay extra for occult shenanigans that should already be existing by default. Plus, Im against kits by principle so I wouldnt want to buy it and support this business model. Just update existing packs!
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Amavari wrote: »

Honestly, I understand their frustration AND yours! I'm not interested in occult either, I get enough of that from The Elder Scrolls, but I've looked at Packs like Island Living and Vampires and liked other things those packs have to offer and not bought them because I'm interested in having an "ideal, but not COMPLETELY fanciful" game. BUT I also don't like that other aspects get "dumbed down" for the sake of people like me. (That's why I don't buy them.) No player/playstyle is wrong here. Ultimately, I agree that the idea of Occult Toggles/Sliders are the way to go. It would make so many people happy on opposite ends of this argument. Seriously, if sliders/toggles were implemented, I would buy IL and Vampires straight away for the other things those packs offer. (Might buy IL anyway because of the good discussion on this thread.)

Honestly, aliens only appear if you try to contact them
    Spellcasters only appear if you go to the magic realm
    Mermaids only appear if you actively seek them out
    Servos only appear if you build them
    Vampires only appear in a pack called Vampires

For all intents and purposes, there are occult toggles already.
    wJbomAo.png