Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about a Mermaid Kit or Stuffpack?

Mermaids had so much more in TS3 Island Paradise and I'm talking about hairstyles,shell jewelery,sea anomes,starfish,hanging marlon off the ceiling etc to decorate a mermaid house with.

What I'd like to see in a Mermaid Kit or Stuffpack

Shell jewelry espeically necklaces,more curly long hairstyles,shell lamps,an aquarium wall with fish,decorations like starfish,sea anomes,corals,hanging swordfish,marlon,sharks etc. Some people like to make houses for mersims but we don't really have a lot to make them look like a house a mermaid would live in. Mersims are one of the few occult sims I play with. Also maybe the pack could bring the mermaid aquarium back that mermaids could swim in from TS1 when not at the ocean.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Mermaids is the reason I disabled the Island Living pack when I play from my laptop. Other elements of the pack are tolerable, but not having an occult turn off switch was a literal turn off.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd really like one. I love the looks of the mermaids and do enjoy playing with them quite a bit, but they could really use some more flavor.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The only things I want for mersims is an underwater world for them to live in/humans to explore and a themed bassinet/ gravestones like the rest of the occults.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    This could be a perfect update to Island Living...

I believe some EPs could use an update and that’s certainly one of them.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    like first pet stuff? It's didn't like I hate it but shouldn't it is free major update? EA is too greedy. Sims is long run game and they have many work before,sims 4 should be better version of sims 2/3 not like this. Sims 4's price is higher than sims 3 so it should be better!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Mermaids is the reason I disabled the Island Living pack when I play from my laptop. Other elements of the pack are tolerable, but not having an occult turn off switch was a literal turn off.

I wish that mermaids disrupted my game :lol: Do you see mermaids often in Sulani? Besides that one premade (i can't remember her name) i never saw any :( And Sulani is the world i have played more...
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    If a mermaid pack comes with diving lots, fine!
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Please, no more DLC that depends of another DLC to work
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want it to be a free update. I don't want to pay twice for my play style.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited May 2021
    Now that they have those **** Kits, additional mermaid/beach themed clothing and build/buy objects would be ideal for a Kit. However, the ability to see underwater would be Game Pack or Expansion Pack material I think. (Snorkeling pack anyone? Preferably with new world included.) However, until we have a kit or pack, plenty of cc (custom content) exists for that, in many cases free. Dunno if there is a mod that would let you view anything underwater or travel underwater. Better yet, pair it with a hotel and resort system for a full EP.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member

Thank you! Finally. lol I've been trying to get an answer about Island Living. I don't want mermaids either. I couldn't find out if the mermaid element is avoidable or not. I guess I'll pass on that EP. Hopefully they'll bring another beach out eventually.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member

Thank you! Finally. lol I've been trying to get an answer about Island Living. I don't want mermaids either. I couldn't find out if the mermaid element is avoidable or not. I guess I'll pass on that EP. Hopefully they'll bring another beach out eventually.

I played in Sulani for a Sim month and never saw one in their mermaid form, even while swimming. If you don't blow the "ordinary" conch shell, you'll never know there are mermaids outside of a couple of random CAS items that could still be for particularly natural or eccentric sims.

Honestly, it's worse than Spellcasters.

On topic, I wouldn't mind a kit for Mermaids, but they said that Kits won't require other DLC, so unless it's mermaid-themed stuff that is usable by ordinary Sims, it's not happening.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I played in Sulani for a Sim month and never saw one in their mermaid form, even while swimming. If you don't blow the "ordinary" conch shell, you'll never know there are mermaids outside of a couple of random CAS items that could still be for particularly natural or eccentric sims.

On topic, I wouldn't mind a kit for Mermaids, but they said that Kits won't require other DLC, so unless it's mermaid-themed stuff that is usable by ordinary Sims, it's not happening.

Thanks! Also good to know. There's a lot of stuff in that pack that's appealing. "blowing on a conch shell" sounds like an innocent enough command, without your insight, it would be something I would totally try if it came up for a Sim. Maybe IL isn't a lost cause after all? I guess I will have to do more recon.

And I'm not trying to hijack this thread, there are all kinds of players and I absolutely respect that. But getting straight answers about how different packs will really change your games seems to be more difficult than it should be. I love this open dialogue. Thanks again!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,953 Member
    edited May 2021
    yeeeeees please

especially id love to have more mermaid theme furniture / build stuff and things they can use with their tails out looking all pretty :star::star:

maybe something for da pool and watery places like mermaids rock they could relax on and attract victims?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    texxx78 wrote: »

I wish that mermaids disrupted my game :lol: Do you see mermaids often in Sulani? Besides that one premade (i can't remember her name) i never saw any :( And Sulani is the world i have played more...

There are a few townies that used to pop up around the neighborhood. I'd think my Sim was going to make a new friend and find out that new person is a mermaid and it would annoy me. Now when I play in Windows with the pack enabled, I deleted the premade mermaids and downloaded a mod to disable new ones from being generated. So, now I don't see any.

I modded mermaids out of my game so I don't see anymore townie premades at all. The pack is much better without them, but I am biased because I do not play with occults.

Thanks! Also good to know. There's a lot of stuff in that pack that's appealing. "blowing on a conch shell" sounds like an innocent enough command, without your insight, it would be something I would totally try if it came up for a Sim. Maybe IL isn't a lost cause after all? I guess I will have to do more recon.

And I'm not trying to hijack this thread, there are all kinds of players and I absolutely respect that. But getting straight answers about how different packs will really change your games seems to be more difficult than it should be. I love this open dialogue. Thanks again!

Yeah, basically if you blow on the "ordinary" conch shell (it has the quotes in-game) any mermaids in hearing will let out a set of whistles and clicks kinda like a dolphin and flap their hands.

You can walk up to them immediately after and ask if they're a mermaid, though even that's not guaranteed to work (the one time I tried, they said no.)

So unless you romance them into your household (or have a baby with them) there's no sign of them. I'm not sure if Chazzy acted preemptively, or if he actually saw something in play that allowed him to discover mermaids, but the only way I know mermaids are in my game is because I looked up their identities and see them sometimes as walk bys. (One save, one even froze to death just outside of my lot, and I still didn't know they were a mermaid even after resurrecting them via spellcaster) I have never seen one actually swimming anywhere, and never had "mermaid" show up on any contact sim's info panel.
  • SweetierichSweetierich Posts: 1 New Member
    I think that a waterpark kit would be great, bring back the water slides that the sims can actually use.

Yeah, basically if you blow on the "ordinary" conch shell (it has the quotes in-game) any mermaids in hearing will let out a set of whistles and clicks kinda like a dolphin and flap their hands.

You can walk up to them immediately after and ask if they're a mermaid, though even that's not guaranteed to work (the one time I tried, they said no.)

So unless you romance them into your household (or have a baby with them) there's no sign of them. I'm not sure if Chazzy acted preemptively, or if he actually saw something in play that allowed him to discover mermaids, but the only way I know mermaids are in my game is because I looked up their identities and see them sometimes as walk bys. (One save, one even froze to death just outside of my lot, and I still didn't know they were a mermaid even after resurrecting them via spellcaster) I have never seen one actually swimming anywhere, and never had "mermaid" show up on any contact sim's info panel.

There’s a social interaction like “Ask if Mermaid” or something like that that’s only available if your Sim is actually talking to a Mermaid. So once I saw that in the social menu, I knew they were a Mermaid and immediately deleted them. Then I discovered the mod I referenced and it was a wrap for the whole lot of them! Lol

There’s a social interaction like “Ask if Mermaid” or something like that that’s only available if your Sim is actually talking to a Mermaid. So once I saw that in the social menu, I knew they were a Mermaid and immediately deleted them. Then I discovered the mod I referenced and it was a wrap for the whole lot of them! Lol

Nope. It's available on other sims. I just checked on a sim that I (as a player) know is an alien, and I could Ask if Mermaid.

It's possible that they've changed it from when Island Living was initially released.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They asked about which packs should be updated if anything more should be added to Island Living With Nothing To Do and sadly they were a huge chunk of that pack content and should be fixed within the correct pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

Nope. It's available on other sims. I just checked on a sim that I (as a player) know is an alien, and I could Ask if Mermaid.

It's possible that they've changed it from when Island Living was initially released.

Oh I haven’t seen a mermaid in years lol so idk what updates they’ve made.
  • SnowkittySnowkitty Posts: 13 New Member
    I would actually like a mermaid GP, where they get more fleshed out like vampires and spellcasters, preferably with an underwater world that you can access from any world with an ocean, near a buoy like in Sulani where you can go scuba diving - these will just look different, or the existing ones get changed to go to the underwater world for scuba diving, but only if you have the GP. Mostly done this way, so the Sims team can focus on getting that right, instead of making a small world to access it from first, because I'd love if there was around three lots or something mermaids can live on, with BB objects that's specifically made for underwater lots.

I'd like mermaids to be able to sort out all their needs in the ocean, and better than if they were on land, like they sleep better in water than in a bed, get social from interacting with a dolphin, can pee in the ocean without it needing to be in red first, and they can eat kelp or raw fish to fill hunger.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    My First Mermaid Stuff, eh

What could possibly go wrong?
    wJbomAo.png
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Snowkitty wrote: »
    I would actually like a mermaid GP, where they get more fleshed out like vampires and spellcasters, preferably with an underwater world that you can access from any world with an ocean, near a buoy like in Sulani where you can go scuba diving - these will just look different, or the existing ones get changed to go to the underwater world for scuba diving, but only if you have the GP. Mostly done this way, so the Sims team can focus on getting that right, instead of making a small world to access it from first, because I'd love if there was around three lots or something mermaids can live on, with BB objects that's specifically made for underwater lots.

I'd like mermaids to be able to sort out all their needs in the ocean, and better than if they were on land, like they sleep better in water than in a bed, get social from interacting with a dolphin, can pee in the ocean without it needing to be in red first, and they can eat kelp or raw fish to fill hunger.

I, too, would love this! I think we should have had at least one underwater lot.

If you use mods, Bienchen has one for mermaid motives that lets you meet all these in the Ocean. Beware of the Child of the Island trait with this though as you will get a negative moodlet from peeing in the Ocean.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2021
    LittleFox2 wrote: »

If you don't go searching for a Mermaid or ask any Mermaid related questions (like you mentioned later), you will never find them. Plus, they will never even pop-up as townies either. I know every Sim who is a Mermaid and one of them is a guy. Just don't talk to them. Problem solved for those who don't do mods. :)

I don't play with Mermaids. I doubt this would come in a pack. Kit maybe--interesting suggestion though.

THANK YOU!!!
    wJbomAo.png