Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the next big cause?

The community feedback about skin tones, hair textures, and hair colors has been listened to. We also have bunkbeds and ladders. What the next big thing YOU would put your voice behind to see happen in the game?

What's the next big cause? 152 votes

Spiral Stairs
7%
Paigeisin5KennziKaigemarcel21Kasimka2002Winifred_WillowSupaPamPamLoves2draw1812CeridwenWolfiumGreenTurtleZoeyevesterDropTheT 12 votes
Free Babies
19%
Bluegayleauroraael14rudy8292invisiblgirlluthienrisingCopperBoltYautjagirlMizzila1297RamblineRosePlumbobCrossingpixiejuicebrookiepeopleswormofthebookbixtersSakuske1benson2006DevilNDisguiseMandyPandy111ScobreSimKonfetti 29 votes
Non-binary Pronouns
7%
KhrisstyneHarukotyanMyrrindramrkingvcalipossBubblegumjonahgrassharpnetney52DaWaterRatfaeriedustemingusssssBookBear 12 votes
Preteens
1%
SuccyEnkiSchmidtd_dreamer 3 votes
Cars
11%
crocobauraalexspoom13IceyJCinebarcatloverplayerbevilleGracieO312kaanvardar99ChadSims2bizuktagAgustín CornejofilipomelChazzzylogionEllupelluelluEliasVersacemaribardellaDemongrad 18 votes
Farms
9%
alan650111bekiIsb917simgirl1010HeyYoDiscoNickSlayeurTownSweetieWright_84RedShoe7Amapola76simsplayer86XievowaxesnostalgicEternalSunshineSnowBnuuy 14 votes
Body hair
8%
alanmichael1MilutinMujovicjcp011c2Sigzy05MondayTomasGrizzlyKathMHughesIsharellnasch_katzeamaniaaafae_brassLogicallyironicfiggy 13 votes
More Occults
18%
lisamwittPlayerSinger2010TorieKironiderevgrvannaliese39Onversertexxx78adele_katBOYGeckogamesAtreya33munroelePeralTTNsimmerInuMiroLoverSERVERFRAjomilejBewitchingSashaGordy 28 votes
Hotels
8%
HowGreatThouArtkiwi84EvaliynPamtastic72AbbyZ[Deleted User]suvoltaHolidayghamrick75mimilu04tinkkxtatselkDragonmasterleo 13 votes
Sims 5 now
6%
DevSims91SimChic1doogeriestormycurlsmariajane216kphillips2977SimplyBreaClarionOfJoyLady_BalloraDalekFriday 10 votes

Comments

• SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    Preteens
    The ability to paint ceilings, and preteens for me :)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Unpopular opinion, they only fixed skin tone and hair texture cause of what was going on last year. Not because they wanted to listen to us.
    That said there were people wanting them fixed and they got it. But I can’t imagine the next “big cause” being body hair
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cars
    Whatever is trending on Twitter will be what Maxis decides to do. Doesn't matter if it's game related or not. I really dislike a game following current events. I hope this is not something Maxis does in future games aka the game changes due to current events in real life. The game still needs cars, and just about everything you listed. So, I hope they look at the game and not current events happening in real life. These Sims are walking from the desert to the beach and to the mountains shouldn't they technically be worn out by now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hotels
    I would love hotels that are playable in all worlds that come in a pack with a new destination world.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Non-binary Pronouns
    I am confused by this. Most of those things seem like things people want in the game, not something as important as the ability to actually recreate yourself or people like you in a game about making people.

The only one that seems to me to be on the same level as the skin-tone update is having the option in the flip-down panel for gender-neutral pronouns.

I want some of the other things but don't particularly think they are the "next big cause"

Unless I'm confused? (Sorry)
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    Spiral Stairs
    Why isn't simulation lag on the list? That would have been my first pick.

Anyhow, I'm going with spiral stairs because it's the only build mode related option (and I want to see the stair bug fixed), but my priority list would be:

1) Fix simulation lag.
    2) More love for the child stage.
    3) More matching swatches, starting with the curtains and counters, then fence gates and windows.

I would've advocated for more hair swatches, but we're getting those. I hope they will keep adding more colors in the future, or a slider.
  • adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    More Occults
    Spiral Stairs
    Farms
    Body hair
    More Occults
    AND
    More dark worlds!
    giphy.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2021
    Cars
    I think it will be non-binary pronouns because that seems popular on twitter (or at least that's what I am getting recommended from twitter...)

I would rather have better playtesting and bug fixing. It sounds like they will actually make an attempt to improve or fix simulation lag once and for all so they should go all in to fix that.

Other than that, cars I guess, or that they will bring out a statement that the sims5 will have single player and will be a game that the fans want. Even if that game is a couple of years away, you could still announce what you intend to do with it.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Body hair

I agree that non-binary Pronouns is the most important to representation. But I'm curious as to what simmers are willing to support.

I haven't noticed a simulation lag in my game so I don't know what that is. Except at 3am they all have a moment of silence for an hour, but I've experienced that in every iteration of the Sims ever.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Cars
    I wish they would do cars or hotels.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Sims 5 now
    I voted for Sims 5, I still have fun with Sims 4 sometimes but honestly it peaked sometime after Get Together.

I really enjoy that we can make trans and NB sims (and the doubled wardrobe) I also love that hair basically isn’t gendered anymore (though I wish male and trans masculine sims had more clothes) but yeah I wish we could choose pronouns for our sims (or just make the chance cards and lifetime wishes gender neutral), and also the option choose their sexuality (I wouldn’t use this for all sims but sometimes I just want to make my sims gay).

I also think this game needs preteens desperately (along with teen sims having their own height), more supernaturals, spiral stairs, a color wheel, more for toddlers, children, future preteens, and teens to do, have matching swatches for everything, favorite colors, food and music, personal sim bios, give us the option to choose which sims from which world visit a place (keep famous sims in the get famous world).

For me the Sims 4 needs a lot but unlike the Sims 1, 2, and 3 it’s been going on for over seven years I honestly want it to end this decade and for a hopefully complete base game for Sims 5 to come out (with cars, actual babies, teens and preteens included) I don’t care when it comes out I just want it to be a step forward. Sims 4 is a good game but it wasn’t a step forward (remember when the game was going to quit making games for 32 bit system and we were all sad but we thought we’d be getting more stuff per pack for our games? Well with the exception of University, and the last stuff pack (where we got the bone maid) we haven’t gotten more stuff in expansion, game and stuff packs.)

(I’d of loved for Sims 2 and 3 to have gone on for 2 more years I’d of loved Sims 2 to have more Aspirations for example, and if Sims 3 was a 64 bit game from the beginning maybe it would of ran better on our computers.)

I like Sims 4 (even if I like to complain about it) and yes it needs a lot more stuff but honestly I don’t think we are going to get what we need, want or asked for. I’d like for it to be put to bed someday soon so I can enjoy it knowing a better game will be coming out one day.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    More Occults
    Werewolves! I have been waiting for what feels like forever. I will be so happy when/if they are added. Hopefully soon and with body hair. I would also really love free babies, cars, hotels, and horses, as well as improved romance and personalities. I hope the new fear emotion and trait update are just the start and there is a lot more still to come to help give sims more personality and individuality.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hotels
    I agree that non-binary Pronouns is the most important to representation. But I'm curious as to what simmers are willing to support.

I haven't noticed a simulation lag in my game so I don't know what that is. Except at 3am they all have a moment of silence for an hour, but I've experienced that in every iteration of the Sims ever.

Wait...what?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Spiral Stairs
    would a country bathroom
    New staircases
    stroller
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited May 2021
    More Occults
    More Occults is defintely on the top of my list.
    - Werewolves
    - Faeries
    - Superheroes/Villains
    - Angels/Demons
    - Mystical Creatures like Unicorns and Dragons
    - Genies

Following that would be improvements to some of the lackluster/barely noticeable occults we already have.
    - Mermaids
    - Ghosts
    - Plant Sims
    - Aliens

After that, I suppose pronouns? But only if we get to choose what pronouns to use for our Sims. I don't want to be forced to use NB pronouns for my Cis Sims, but would like the option there for others.
  • grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Non-binary Pronouns
    BookBear wrote: »
    I am confused by this. Most of those things seem like things people want in the game, not something as important as the ability to actually recreate yourself or people like you in a game about making people.

The only one that seems to me to be on the same level as the skin-tone update is having the option in the flip-down panel for gender-neutral pronouns.

I want some of the other things but don't particularly think they are the "next big cause"

Unless I'm confused? (Sorry)

Agreed. Along with continuing to fix some hair textures and ensuring inclusion of racial diversity, the non-binary pronouns seem like the next logical step.
    Body hair
    Except at 3am they all have a moment of silence for an hour, but I've experienced that in every iteration of the Sims ever.

Wait...what? [/quote]

Ok, around 3:15am my Sims all pause. The clock keeps going, but really slowly even if it's in super fast forward. A sim who is cooking will just stand there. But all actions resume smoothly everytime.

If they are all asleep it's not noticeable. It did it with Sims 2 and 3 so so assume it's by design. Always scared me in Sims 2 because my laptop was just above potato levels and I always thought the game froze. It's done it on 5 different laptops.

Body hair
    grassharp wrote: »
    Agreed. Along with continuing to fix some hair textures and ensuring inclusion of racial diversity, the non-binary pronouns seem like the next logical step.

I don't disagree. Even though I voted body hair, pronouns is my #2. But so wonder how well supported the issue is, will game changers make statements about this like they did with skin tones, for instance.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    More Occults
    Well out of options listed.

but what I really wanted to say
    • option to turn off random townie generation
    •npc manager that lets you set your own sims for any npc you might need
    •romance interactions
    •couple dancing
    • memories
    •turn ons and turn offs
    •likes and dislikes
    •wants and fears
    •better family tree
    •stop culling my sims

take a pick i guess. I couldn't sum it down to one thing that would instantly fix everything :/
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    More Occults
    Fairies, Genies & Werewolves
    Body Hair, Nails & Eye Lashes
    Spiral Stairs
    Hotels
    Cars
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    More Occults
    Werewolves, fairies, genies, zombies...
    But i don't think the team would immediatelly deliver if a "cause" was made out of this theme. Only representation bla bla bla would be taken care asap. I belong to a minority but why would i care about it in a video game? I will never understand...
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited May 2021
    Free Babies
    Free babies, then Farms, hotels ( with hopefully improved romance and improved custom attire wedding, etc. ), body hair ( eyelashes and nails ), cars, pre-teens, spiral stairs, pretty much in that order. I would also like to see more hair colors and more eye colors too. I’m not against occult’s and I buy those too, but I prefer a more realistic or semi realistic play usually, so occult’s per set are not as essential to my game play.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Free Babies
    #FreeTheBabies
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2021
    Non-binary Pronouns
    I mean... I wouldn't consider these big causes (except for non-binary pronouns) :| Skin tones, hair textures, and hair colors were about diversity and representation, for which the game was extremely lacking. With much stretch, you could also say body hair? The rest seems more like a wishlist -- and definitely not on par with the big changes needed.

ps: Don't get me wrong, I want all of the things you mentioned added to game :D
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    More Occults
    What I would like most are more occult lifestate (werewolves and updated plantsims), spiral stairs and freed babies.